Red Power Stop Calipers

Old 05-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 57 Posts
Red Power Stop Calipers

Time for brakes again, and I decided to switch out the calipers for some remans. I had done the rebuild kit on mine before, but I saw these Power Stop remans that are powder coated red and decided to give them a try:
Amazon Amazon

I think quality control is not good on these, as I saw some reviews where people had issues and one of the slide pins was bound up on the first pair I got. With Amazon Prime though I had a replacement pair in 2 days. I kept both pairs just in case any issues came up during installation, and will send back the old pair now.

Anyway, these look pretty good. I've been thinking about painting my calipers for a while but I don't know that it would have turned out looking this good, not sure though. I am sure this is a *lot* less work than cleaning my existing calipers and painting them.

Also went with EBC Red Stuff, Stoptech stainless lines and CTEK rotors, which as expected looks like rusty crap one day after install (not what I wanted to order, but excellerate had the wrong picture showing a blank Stoptech rotor with painted hat, and I didn't notice the product description stating otherwise).

Old 05-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Pro

Old 05-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I bet they feel much better with all new calipers, rotors and pads but man, kinda tacky to try and show off original single piston calipers.. To each their own but they would look so much better in a plain matte/gloss black.

Last edited by Kris9884; 05-05-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Pro

Yeah I get it. If I were painting it I was thinking of black as well. But I'm happy with these. Wanted to post the pics for anybody else thinking about it so they can decide for themselves.

Search this Thread