New Lip Kit, still needs drop

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nbennettksu
you need to take it back to the place that painted the kit and get them to blend the paint into the body. Its very obvious.
that's a horrible idea, then the bottom half of his car will be off color compared to the top half.

the painter didn't use as much pearl as he should have...that's why the white looks brighter.

pearl white is a 3 stage paint. base coat, mid coat, clear coat.

the base coat is straight white (whatever color white honda calls for)...you spray the part in that plain white to get coverage. then you clean the gun and spray just the pearl(mixed with stabilizer, or reducer), this does 2 thing's, it adds the flake, and slightly yellows the white down to match the original color on the car. whoever painted his parts didn't use enough pearl, sometimes you see cars who use to much pearl and the parts look yellow compared to the car.

you would have to be an idiot to go back and request that the painter blend into the door's, and bumper's.

i would go back and request the painter spend more time and get the color matched right, or if the owner of the car is happy with the work (which he seems to be) leave it alone.

it is 100% possible that those parts came the wrong color from honda too. ive seen that many times before.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:47 PM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by grip
most silver, or other colors with flake in them are like this from the factory.

the worst part is being a painter and having to explain to dumb ass customers why their bumpers don't match...they always seem to notice imperfections in their paint after they pay you to do work...then its the painters fault even though we didn't touch the bumpers, molding's, or mirror's.
its because the bumpers and the body are painted in different locations
Old 12-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
that's a horrible idea, then the bottom half of his car will be off color compared to the top half.

the painter didn't use as much pearl as he should have...that's why the white looks brighter.

pearl white is a 3 stage paint. base coat, mid coat, clear coat.

the base coat is straight white (whatever color white honda calls for)...you spray the part in that plain white to get coverage. then you clean the gun and spray just the pearl(mixed with stabilizer, or reducer), this does 2 thing's, it adds the flake, and slightly yellows the white down to match the original color on the car. whoever painted his parts didn't use enough pearl, sometimes you see cars who use to much pearl and the parts look yellow compared to the car.

you would have to be an idiot to go back and request that the painter blend into the door's, and bumper's.

i would go back and request the painter spend more time and get the color matched right, or if the owner of the car is happy with the work (which he seems to be) leave it alone.

it is 100% possible that those parts came the wrong color from honda too. ive seen that many times before.
Did I miss the part where these weren't OEM parts painted by Acura???
Part of the difference in color is probably due to the car (paint) being at least 5 years old and weathered vs. a brand new OEM painted product... My pieces look so buttery brilliant compared to the rest of the car... not nearly as noticeable as the OP's, but still

Hummm. Perhaps. The OP should look into it more, especially for the amount he paid. It wasn't cheap...
Old 12-28-2008, 09:22 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where did you get that lip kit if any one has one in white let me know or where i can buy it message me
Old 12-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jayunsplanet
Did I miss the part where these weren't OEM parts painted by Acura???
Part of the difference in color is probably due to the car (paint) being at least 5 years old and weathered vs. a brand new OEM painted product... My pieces look so buttery brilliant compared to the rest of the car... not nearly as noticeable as the OP's, but still

Hummm. Perhaps. The OP should look into it more, especially for the amount he paid. It wasn't cheap...
I seriously doubt that its not the right color, if you look at it closely in person its got the same exact pearl flake in it. It came in a box from Honda, painted in WDP, im not sure if there is anything more that can be done, and like he said its 5 year old paint.

If yall have any ideas about what i can do to make it match better, let me know.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Your Garage

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
you should of used that grand for coilovers
Old 12-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Banned

now that I re-looked at your pictures, color seem more whiter on the lip kit. car is more pearly. like you said, it could be because your car was dirty at the time of pics taken. But Does your lip kit have pearl into it? or is it more of Taffera White?
Old 12-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
The lip kit looks nice. I have to agree about the wheels, sorry. At least lower the car a little, if you like the wheels keep them, just lower that poor car.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered TL Driver

Yea I would definitely look into lowering the car...that is always the first thing I do to my cars.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Pro

Nice...lip kit makes a world of difference doesn't it?

I dropped mine first, the put a kit on....The car looks like it got higher
Old 12-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by inyong1988
now that I re-looked at your pictures, color seem more whiter on the lip kit. car is more pearly. like you said, it could be because your car was dirty at the time of pics taken. But Does your lip kit have pearl into it? or is it more of Taffera White?
yes, the kit has pearl

And im getting it lowered within the next month or so, dont worry its coming.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dsickles
yes, the kit has pearl

And im getting it lowered within the next month or so, dont worry its coming.
you got nothing to worry about then. All you need is wash/possibly clay bar/paint cleaner/glaze/sealant you'll love your car all over again and more.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats up guys, i got the lip kit installed and took some pictures, i got it from Sterling McCall Acura here in Houston, paid more than i wanted to, but less than the list price so im happy with it. I never realized how much it changes the look of the car.

Before:

After:

Anyways, I'm not sure what i should do next though besides a drop, any ideas?
not to sound all fuckked up but those rims are pretty gay but the lip kit looks really good.. i think if you slam the shit out and put some diff rims your shit will looking sick but thats juss my point of view..overall looks good
Old 12-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Burning Brakes

paint on metal

paint on polyurethane or watever it is

thats the difference shzz
Old 01-05-2009, 11:42 AM
deal with it

Received 378 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by 03TL_typeS
Pshhh replica is almost the same there is a guy running around on here with a rep and u cant tell any difference! You want to give me 1200 so i can get a real one then
sure whats your paypal i'll call them and transfer the funds to you asap
Old 01-05-2009, 11:50 AM
deal with it

Received 378 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by inyong1988
How much did you paid for if you dont mind me asking? Do they come painted?
the dealer price is about the same...but if you look hard enough you can find stuff out there. I got my front lip at the dealer, sides on ebay, guy had two on there for sale forever i got em and painted em and the other set he had was purchased by someone on the forum, and the rear in the BM.

front (new) $426
sides (new) $195 shipped
rear (used) $180 shipped

total of $801

if you throw in the WW flush mount spoiler i went over 1,000 by like $20
Old 01-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
there is a website that has all of our lips and the OEM i think its acurapeople. Its like 955 for the whole kit painted to match our car i think I'm going to order the fronts and the sides from them
Old 01-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Advanced

Whats up guys, i got the lip kit installed and took some pictures, i got it from Sterling McCall Acura here in Houston, paid more than i wanted to, but less than the list price so im happy with it. I never realized how much it changes the look of the car.

Before:

After:

Anyways, I'm not sure what i should do next though besides a drop, any ideas?

Is that a snowboard rack? Where did you get it from? How much was it?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ukemasta
Is that a snowboard rack? Where did you get it from? How much was it?
Its a bike rack, but you can get mounts to hold about anything you can think of, it ran me about $550.

This is how it mounts to the roof

As long as you clean the part of the roof that it sits on it wont scratch the surface. It locks and is completely theft proof, so i can leave my bike up there all day and not worry about it.

I got it at Sun and Ski Sports, not sure if thats just a Texas place or not, but if you visit Yakima's website you can find a dealer in your area.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
the mis-match paint wont be as noticeable if you take your car to an empty location with adequate lighting, then take pics.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:04 AM
Advanced

Its a bike rack, but you can get mounts to hold about anything you can think of, it ran me about $550.

This is how it mounts to the roof

As long as you clean the part of the roof that it sits on it wont scratch the surface. It locks and is completely theft proof, so i can leave my bike up there all day and not worry about it.

I got it at Sun and Ski Sports, not sure if thats just a Texas place or not, but if you visit Yakima's website you can find a dealer in your area.

I found it. DO you know what size or how long ur bars are?