New 2001 TL w/ Navi, Black on Black

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2000, 12:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New 2001 TL w/ Navi, Black on Black

Here's the da pics of my new baby!! Wait it's worth it!

sorry guys and gals, you'll notice that at the bottom portion of the pics there are lots of dust, i haven't used my scanner in a while, so forgive me, i'll put up some new pics when i get some mods on it. :d

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL w/ Navi Black ext. Ebony int., Sunroof Visor and more to come!
Old 11-05-2000, 01:06 AM
Racer

congrats, I just bought the exact same car! i have had it just over 2 weeks and i already got 1,200 miles on it! i got the windows tinted and clear bra less than 24 hours after i got it. and i installed the splash guards and 6 disk changer 2 hours after i left the dealer with it. then 3 days after i got the car my spoiler came in and i drilled 5 holes in the trunk of my baby! you got to have balls that clang together to do that trust me!

enjoy!
BTW my garage still smells like a new car. that was one i dident expect but i like it.

------------------
formerly 98 prelude type SH

Currently 2001 Acura 3.2 TL With Navigation Black/Ebony
Old 11-05-2000, 01:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Cool

i know i show your tl in the gallery and that reminded me to post the pics. orginally i was gonna post under your gallery but i thought that wouldn't be cool, so i started my own. what kinda tints do you have? smoke or silver? Man, i haven't gotten anything done to the car yet.

but i am planning on getting the burlwood shiftknob, tints and wood dash within the next two weeks. I am working my ass off to pay for this car!!!

I used to have a 87 prelude. and a 91 Legend that i spent tons of money on. In 2 years I spent over 10Gs on mods on the Legend. Sold it for $2,800 damn.

------------------

Old 11-05-2000, 09:40 AM
Racer

you could have posted there no worries! i try to encourage people not to waste their money on mods. as you have learned it dosn't help the value of the car at all. in fact it will hurt it more than anything and if you ever sell it you will have to take all the mods off. the only mods i will buy are the factory accessoires that are from acura. if you try to sell the mods nobody will pay you half what you spent on them.

i got 15% tints all around its illeagle but i dont give a rats ass. i have had illeagle tint on all my cars for the last 14 years and only got 1 ticket. paid the 50.00 fine and that was it. i got a metalised film and i heard that tint like that will mess with your Navi. not true i have had no problems what so ever with my navi. BTW just a tip for ya when they tinted my back window they used a gel at the top of the glass to insure that you wouldent get that not stuck to the glass look that is very common with cars that have the black grid dots at the top like we do. mine looks perfect the top area over the dots is just as black as the rest.
so make sure they use the same method when tinting your back window. also they tinted it in 1 peice. they used a heat gun to shrink the tint. dont let the shop tint your car unless they can do it the same way.

BTW i have noticed an increase in power now that i have 1,200 miles on it. it just seems to drive better and better.
enjoy!

------------------

Old 11-05-2000, 11:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Wink

thanks for the tint help, i tried to im you last night, but you didn't answer my im is madloot4ume. i wanted to discuss the mods with you.

yeah it sucks, aftermarket mods are worth a dime in resale value, you gotta run the car to the ground if you are gonna mod the car. so i just start with light stuff at first and then when i am bored or rich, i will do the crazy stuff.

------------------

Old 11-06-2000, 12:09 AM
Racer

oh sorry i missed your IM i usually leave it on during the day at work but i think i left it on this weekend. ill add you to my buddy list when i get to work tomorrow. usually i have absolutly nothing to do at work so i can usually chat but this week i will be in a training class monday through wednesday. if you can keep your im up and when i get a break ill try to chat with ya ok?
see ya later

------------------