Old 01-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SUPRA....
Old 01-12-2005, 05:47 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

finally pics after teasing us from a while back eh?

looks great man, props for the unique lip on the TL
Old 01-12-2005, 11:03 PM
yo!

Originally Posted by benzo555
Yeah a lude lip. I actually thought of it one night and went for it. Something to give it a lil more personality. But some like it and some dont. I love it.
Hahah....I was looking at the lip on my lude....(i have the ww and the greddy). I was looking at the simularities and even measured it. I was going to try to put the lip from my lude on but you beat me too it!
Old 01-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Banned

still dont like
Old 01-13-2005, 12:12 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it would look sick if the front said acura rather than greddy!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:04 PM
boo

Originally Posted by REV-01
my point is you don't have any front end jdm parts and you call yourself jdm, that is weak sauce , kinda misled those of us looking at this thread. parts available in US by AUTHORIZED factory distributor is not jdm parts. a-j racing sell jdm parts, they are in canada, but they are not authorized by honda japan, same thing with motorex with their r32,33,34. they are distributor but they are not AUTHORIZED, motorex used to be authorized US distributor for c-west parts, anyone got a c-west bodykit is NOT jdm, but now it is because motorex drop the c-west line and no one is distibuting it, by the way should call me for the bb6 front lip, because i got one left instock....

all of of cars is not jdm, but you can definitly make it jdm spec. by puting in jdm parts.
Seems to me that you're the only one misled in this thread. You're the one confusing people. Go ask anyone in the scene what JDM is; better yet go make a thread on Honda-Tech and we'll see how many will agree my parts are JDM. Even if I was wrong, everyone on Honda tech would sure jump at my ass about my parts not being JDM.

Now Im a weaksauce cause my stuff isnt what you claim . But let me tell you a little secret.. "If it came on a ship and is not produced anywhere else but Japan it is JDM." My Mugen grill and Greddy lip all have Japanese documentation and are produced in Japan. Japanese Domestic Market, produced in Japan, not in the US like APC.

Now please STFU.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:53 AM
Banned

if you call your car jdm then what do you call mine? your car is clean, but you spent about hundred bux on emblems and call yourself jdm, you overrated your own ride dude.

what you are referring to is jdm STYLE, any hardcore jdm fans like me will say the same shit, WEAK

i check out honda tech too, i only see some hardcore peeps there, but some is just like you, bought a 125 bux mugen STYLE lip or some rota's make them think they got real MUGEN in their car.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:23 AM
Pro

I still think it looks clean. The fact that benzo had enough creativity and ingenuity to put a prelude front lip on his ride is great! I would have never have thought of that! Now that I see it, I may just have to take your inspiration and be the first TL in the PDX rockin a front Lude lip! Still mad props for being the first!
Old 01-14-2005, 02:50 PM
boo

if you call your car jdm then what do you call mine? your car is clean, but you spent about hundred bux on emblems and call yourself jdm, you overrated your own ride dude.

what you are referring to is jdm STYLE, any hardcore jdm fans like me will say the same shit, WEAK

i check out honda tech too, i only see some hardcore peeps there, but some is just like you, bought a 125 bux mugen STYLE lip or some rota's make them think they got real MUGEN in their car.
Your car is clean too. Never dissed you or anything. You have the H on the front and the OEM kit and cleared headlights with the mugen wing. Never said your car was or wasn't JDM. You probably have way more parts than I do which is cool. No im not a hardcore car enthusiast anymore. I am past that phase since my Integra.

Dont judge the book by the cover. You have no idea what I have. And if you're the owner of the shop you run, then shame on you calling me out. No one makes a fake Greddy lip. I've rocked 3 sets of Volks within the last 2 Acuras I had; Black Racing phantoms on my hatch. I know what they are and they arent rotas.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Racer

benzo what made u go with the prelude lip vs an accord lip ? would they both require the same amount of work? REV-01 you seem like a little kid, his car is just as jdm as yours, you got mugen shit on your car too , you have a left hand drive us spec car just like the rest of us, you arent the king of JDM, plus the inspire is made in Ohio anyways so hald the emblems and stuff come from there too, grow up and let benzo and all the other members enjoy their cars without your nonsense. If you dont like it go make your own thread on how your car is so perfect. Oh and since when did comptech become JDM? If u really own a shop i wouldnt buy anything from it b/c you're an arrogant know it all whos car contradicts your own words. ignore this hater benzo i like the car weather its USDM JDM or mexican its nice
Old 01-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Pro

Men... I take no sides in regard to REV-01 or Benzo coments.. but much props to Acura TL203 for laying it down like it is And again, your car looks HOT Benzo!
Old 01-16-2005, 01:41 AM
Banned

benzo:
i am not saying you are using fake parts, what i mean is
greddy and mugen is not jdm
just like fade mugen lip and rota is not mugen
what i mean weak is you call something that is jdm but is not

some of my customer ask me how i would mod their car as if is mine, i give my honest opinion, if it sucks i make sure he/she knows about it, i don't own a shop where i kiss my ass all day to make a sale to move product, because the outcome of the car will have our shops name on it.

acuratl203:
benzo post his pic, i give my honest opinion, that is all
i am NOT the king of jdm, i am just explaining the real meaning of it to benzo, i know comptech is not jdm, in fact lots of my mods are not jdm such as WORK, MUGEN, APEX and TEIN etc. i never consider them jdm, that is why you don't see me make a post about me jdm or my jdm when i show my pics. when i do post pics of my car, i am willing to take both positive and negative comments made by other members.

people come to my shop not because i have everything in stock, not because i have lowest prices, they come because i am honest, and that is important especially in hawaii...
Old 01-16-2005, 03:49 AM
7th Gear

what fogs are those?
Old 01-16-2005, 08:11 AM
Pro

REV-01 .... Not to add more fuel to this discussion... but, since you and I both have the Work Euroline KH... Here is my question to you, that wheel is manufactured in Japan and shipped to the US, at least mine was.... is it JDM or USDM?

Because, even thoug it comes from Japan, it's an after market wheel, not a "Honda Japan" wheel... therefore not being JDM when speaking about the make or origin of a car or car parts, however it was manufactured in Japan so it is a "Japanese Domestic market" product right? Please explain... Thanks!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Banned

japan domestic market, means a part that is made solely for japan's home version vehicle only, my list of parts is not jdm
work wheels, ordered from akt trading, exclusive authorized work wheels distributor in north america
tein ss suspension, ordered from tein usa, authorized tein usa distributor
mugen parts, ordered from king motorsports, exclusive authorized mugen distributor in usa

you guys get the idea...my tein edfc is bought from japan, my friend got it for me, is the same item that tein usa sells, even i bought it there is still not jdm, just like my mugen spoiler is bought from japan too, is painted already in a different color, i still don't call it jdm.

unless a item the authorized distributor don't carry in usa, but they do manufacture the item in japan then is jdm, one good example is ssr wheels, they made lots of different models, but tirerack only carry a limited amount of them, the ones that tirerack don't carry is jdm. even for the same model, such as the ssr sp-1, do you guys know jdm version have different offsets and sizes than export models??? all jdm ssr wheels will not have a "export model" white sticker on the back of the rim, just a silver sticker with specs and the name of the inspector who inspects the rims.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Banned

and yes i do know all the inspire emblems and stuff is not made in japan, but the parts is made for the japan's home market that is why is call jdm parts...

the only part i know is made in japan is the kit, even honda inspire air bag is made by takata usa.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:12 PM
boo

japan domestic market, means a part that is made solely for japan's home version vehicle only, my list of parts is not jdm
work wheels, ordered from akt trading, exclusive authorized work wheels distributor in north america
tein ss suspension, ordered from tein usa, authorized tein usa distributor
mugen parts, ordered from king motorsports, exclusive authorized mugen distributor in usa

you guys get the idea...my tein edfc is bought from japan, my friend got it for me, is the same item that tein usa sells, even i bought it there is still not jdm, just like my mugen spoiler is bought from japan too, is painted already in a different color, i still don't call it jdm.

unless a item the authorized distributor don't carry in usa, but they do manufacture the item in japan then is jdm, one good example is ssr wheels, they made lots of different models, but tirerack only carry a limited amount of them, the ones that tirerack don't carry is jdm. even for the same model, such as the ssr sp-1, do you guys know jdm version have different offsets and sizes than export models??? all jdm ssr wheels will not have a "export model" white sticker on the back of the rim, just a silver sticker with specs and the name of the inspector who inspects the rims.
See thats the part where you and I disagree. My Volk GTN's are available in Japan and you can sport them in Japan. So that makes them Japanese Domestic Market. My wheels dont have the mackin stickers or say export on them so are they maybe true JDM??? LOL I already know where you're getting at but thats not how JDM is based upon. If mugen is not considered JDM maybe everyone here a poser.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Banned

i guess i could consider mine tein edfc as jdm since it doesn't have any english on it
Old 01-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by El pana/TL32
REV-01 .... Not to add more fuel to this discussion... but, since you and I both have the Work Euroline KH... Here is my question to you, that wheel is manufactured in Japan and shipped to the US, at least mine was.... is it JDM or USDM?

Because, even thoug it comes from Japan, it's an after market wheel, not a "Honda Japan" wheel... therefore not being JDM when speaking about the make or origin of a car or car parts, however it was manufactured in Japan so it is a "Japanese Domestic market" product right? Please explain... Thanks!
forgot to answer you about the wheels

all work wheels is made in japan, they "market" their wheels all over, since kh is available in us and japan so is not jdm or usdm, if they "market" one rim for a specific market such as japan only and no where else then is jdm
Old 01-18-2005, 12:34 AM
Pro

forgot to answer you about the wheels

all work wheels is made in japan, they "market" their wheels all over, since kh is available in us and japan so is not jdm or usdm, if they "market" one rim for a specific market such as japan only and no where else then is jdm
Thanks for the answer... where is the KH available in the US?
Old 01-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Banned

http://www.worksuperwheels.com/wheels/wheels.html
Old 01-20-2005, 04:31 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

i cant believe you guys are arguing about JDM... who really cares about that? come on guys.. you can do better than that... you all have nice rides, that's what really matters
Old 01-23-2005, 10:30 PM
ACURA Parking Only

JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) does refer to parts made in Japan for Japanese cars.
Mugen is JDM. Mugen is JDM Aftermarket. King Motorsports does not make Mugen parts. They are the sole U.S. distributor of Mugen Unlimited.

Other Japanese parts companies mentioned that have stores located in the U.S. also, are not JDM if they make the parts here for the cars here. They usually focus on the USDM Japanese car market. Using JDM parts is taking parts from the Japanese market...it is that simple.