my car w/o front tints

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my car w/o front tints

damn cops!!!...oh well im planning to put it back on wen summer comes around...

Old 12-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Hater tickets. i'm trying to get pics of a black tl w/o tints to fight my 2 pending tickets. or else a fake reciept from a tint shop saying they removed it. no tints in front is like missing teeth.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Intermediate

thats gonna be hard...the cop is gonna look at ur car before signing off ur ticket..he didnt even ask for a receipt or anything
Old 12-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Burning Brakes

thast so gay, gay like getting a ticket for no front license plate :/
Old 12-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you think you got it bad, i got pulled over by the cops when i had 5% tint a few months back and got 1600+ for seven windows (yup even the little windows on the side is counted as 1 each) the new hawaii law this year is 287$ per window, usually cops only give one ticket for 287$ but this cop was a dick and technically he can get me for each window, i still havent paid it yet and i have a bench warrant
Old 12-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

alright 1500 post!
Old 12-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AcUrALiTy
you think you got it bad, i got pulled over by the cops when i had 5% tint a few months back and got 1600+ for seven windows (yup even the little windows on the side is counted as 1 each) the new hawaii law this year is 287$ per window, usually cops only give one ticket for 287$ but this cop was a dick and technically he can get me for each window, i still havent paid it yet and i have a bench warrant
that is fucken crazy!...i cost me 30 bucks to get it taken off...n the fix it ticket is 10 dollars...
Old 12-15-2005, 12:32 AM
Marty_1999Acura3.2TL

You have a bench warrant in Hawaii!!! Watch out for "DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER" Lol...
Old 12-15-2005, 01:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

hahaha, yea, everyone knows about him...mullet man!
Old 12-15-2005, 01:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by chaosboi916
that is fucken crazy!...i cost me 30 bucks to get it taken off...n the fix it ticket is 10 dollars...

damn, if the fix it ticket is 10$ only, id fuckin run double 5% and 20 on the front
Old 12-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Cruisin'

Thumbs down FELLA's!!!

Get a clue!!!

Tint Laws exist for a reason. Though I don't agree with most, they ARE meerly an attempt to get people to be reasonable and NOT stupid about how they tint their rides.

You CAN follow most of the states' laws regarding levels/percentages of tint and spice up the appearance of your car, not to mention enjoy the benefits of window film. I

And, you can even "bend" the rules slightly in your favor if you are aware of the darker or lighter impression that is given by factors such as color of car, type of tint, reflective/shade qualities, window size, and the interior color of car.

General Rule of Thumb- 35% all the way around, with reasonable driving should never get you pulled over or hassled in most places. 35% on the fronts 15-20% on rears usually a good option too if your local cops aren't stringent. It gives you all you really need in looks and function. Going with 5% and layering is just asking for trouble!

And for crying out loud....DO NOT tint your windshields! A tint visor works just fine, and dont go over 9-10", that is just ghetto to your classy rides.

.....I hope this helps - (Find a reputable tinter to consult)
Old 12-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Daym, thats just HWY robbery. Here atleast they give you a 15 days to fix it before they hand down a 170$$ ticket which is alot cheaper than having the tint pulled off and replaced
Old 12-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Safety Car

chaosboi, where abouts did you get cited?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Intermediate

florin perkins...on my way to sac state....a motorcycle cop flipped a bitch just to gimme the ticket...at least he was polite...n complimented my car n said how kool my navi was...hahhaa
Old 12-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Drifting

Yeah i live in NY and the tint laws are ridiculous here, alot of cities and towns you can get away with it, but where i live, you cant even have 50%. Oh well i still have 20% all around havent gotten ticketed yet. . . Tint should be legal, if its not too dark, and you turn your dome light on at night so a cop can see in, should be fine. Same goes for the no front plate rule, its ridiculous, haters
Old 12-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Cruisin'

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Phrosttz0
Yeah i live in NY and the tint laws are ridiculous here, alot of cities and towns you can get away with it, but where i live, you cant even have 50%. Oh well i still have 20% all around havent gotten ticketed yet. . . Tint should be legal, if its not too dark, and you turn your dome light on at night so a cop can see in, should be fine. Same goes for the no front plate rule, its ridiculous, haters
Interesting logic. Every been a cop? Ever tried backing up in a rural area at night with no lighting around with that 20%? You can not honestly tell me that it wasnt more difficult to SEE, cuz tint darkens = which means less visibility and ultimately limits what you can see to some degree. Cops and insurance agencies are VERY aware of this fact and can find YOU (dumb azz) negligent and/or responsible for an accident! If you are liable or not, your insurance often will forfeit your payment on a collision if your tint is not in accordance with the law.

Any way you slice it, you are taking chances when you tint illegally. It is close minded people like you that cause so much uneccessary legislation. They aren't "haters", they are realists to some degree, or maybe they are money chasin'/hungry morons - but nonetheless, it is a common reality that I hope you wake up to!!!

When you tint unneccesarily dark, you are putting yourself and others at risk - even if you disagree, the law supports this. As well, insurances are cashing in...I am not saying to not tint, just be reasonable. Blacking out your car, or close (20% all around) is illegal, just like driving drunk! (Same everywhere) ...the penalties continue to increase because car enthusiasts continue to ignorantly push the limits.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Leader
Get a clue!!!

Tint Laws exist for a reason. Though I don't agree with most, they ARE meerly an attempt to get people to be reasonable and NOT stupid about how they tint their rides.

You CAN follow most of the states' laws regarding levels/percentages of tint and spice up the appearance of your car, not to mention enjoy the benefits of window film. I

And, you can even "bend" the rules slightly in your favor if you are aware of the darker or lighter impression that is given by factors such as color of car, type of tint, reflective/shade qualities, window size, and the interior color of car.

General Rule of Thumb- 35% all the way around, with reasonable driving should never get you pulled over or hassled in most places. 35% on the fronts 15-20% on rears usually a good option too if your local cops aren't stringent. It gives you all you really need in looks and function. Going with 5% and layering is just asking for trouble!

And for crying out loud....DO NOT tint your windshields! A tint visor works just fine, and dont go over 9-10", that is just ghetto to your classy rides.

.....I hope this helps - (Find a reputable tinter to consult)

Or you could just get a note from your eye doc saying that you require it like me I have 5%
Old 12-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by SSMTL01

Or you could just get a note from your eye doc saying that you require it like me I have 5%
That is getting harder and harder to do as well. I know only one other person who's Optomoetrist/Opthamalogist will do such a thing. I happen to have one myself from a psychiatrist that I worked with, but it is highly unusual due to liability factors. My current eye doc, about 3 years out of school told me that they were adimately opposed to issueing these scripts because of warnings from their lawyers. This included the general school of thought from her professors while in school who also warned of the liability perils.

I have one for back up, but I dont use it as a license to put 5% all the way around...as stated before...it is NOT the proper thing to do for myself and ALL those around me...like it or not, the world is changing and there is life beyond the reality of the tinted out sphere of my car!
Old 12-15-2005, 04:33 PM
7th Gear

You guys just need to pull your heads out of your butts and realize why tint laws are the way they are. Maybe we would all be allowed to legally have a 25 or 20% tint on our cars had it not been for the vast amount of idiots tinting with limo and the like, but NOOOO, all you had to just be cool with your blacked out car and ruin it for everyone else. Now in most places we are barely allowed to put hardly anything on the front rollup windows, and even still you fools keep going darker and eventually, we all are going to lose our rights to have any type of window tint at all on ANY WINDOW.

Besides the fact that it looks like hell, 5% or darker is a huge risk you take for yourselves and for the other people on the road. I could give a shiat less if you wreck your car because you couldn't see properly due to the fact that your windows were tinted to dark, but you hit me or someone I care about just because you had to have your "cool dark tint", you better pray I never catch up with you because it's a bunch of BS to put other innocents at risk just so you can have black windows.

Use your heads, grow up, obey the laws. If your state law says 35%, then put 35% on. Not 20%, not 5%, not even 34.9%, put a damn 35% tint on and go with it. Sooner than later all this illegal crap is going to ruin it for everyone.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by chaosboi916
damn cops!!!...oh well im planning to put it back on wen summer comes around...

chaosboi916 - what is the % on your tint?
Old 12-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
The untinted front and tinted back reminds me of minivans.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Burning Brakes

New York- 70% I Got Tint Tested By Cops Twice But Only In Queens. I Only Get Tickets When I Go 2 The City (ticket Blitz), Usually 4 No Front Plate. No Problems In Long Island Ever. If The Law Is 70% I May As Well Have Gotten Limo Tints Instead Of The 30% I Got To Stay On The Safe Side. Next Time Darker & Even The Windshield. May As Well If I'll Get H8r Tickets Anyway
Old 12-15-2005, 08:06 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interesting logic. Every been a cop? Ever tried backing up in a rural area at night with no lighting around with that 20%? You can not honestly tell me that it wasnt more difficult to SEE, cuz tint darkens = which means less visibility and ultimately limits what you can see to some degree. Cops and insurance agencies are VERY aware of this fact and can find YOU (dumb azz) negligent and/or responsible for an accident! If you are liable or not, your insurance often will forfeit your payment on a collision if your tint is not in accordance with the law.

Any way you slice it, you are taking chances when you tint illegally. It is close minded people like you that cause so much uneccessary legislation. They aren't "haters", they are realists to some degree, or maybe they are money chasin'/hungry morons - but nonetheless, it is a common reality that I hope you wake up to!!!

When you tint unneccesarily dark, you are putting yourself and others at risk - even if you disagree, the law supports this. As well, insurances are cashing in...I am not saying to not tint, just be reasonable. Blacking out your car, or close (20% all around) is illegal, just like driving drunk! (Same everywhere) ...the penalties continue to increase because car enthusiasts continue to ignorantly push the limits.
i have %20 all around

Originally Posted by getreal
You guys just need to pull your heads out of your butts and realize why tint laws are the way they are. Maybe we would all be allowed to legally have a 25 or 20% tint on our cars had it not been for the vast amount of idiots tinting with limo and the like, but NOOOO, all you had to just be cool with your blacked out car and ruin it for everyone else. Now in most places we are barely allowed to put hardly anything on the front rollup windows, and even still you fools keep going darker and eventually, we all are going to lose our rights to have any type of window tint at all on ANY WINDOW.

Besides the fact that it looks like hell, 5% or darker is a huge risk you take for yourselves and for the other people on the road. I could give a shiat less if you wreck your car because you couldn't see properly due to the fact that your windows were tinted to dark, but you hit me or someone I care about just because you had to have your "cool dark tint", you better pray I never catch up with you because it's a bunch of BS to put other innocents at risk just so you can have black windows.

Use your heads, grow up, obey the laws. If your state law says 35%, then put 35% on. Not 20%, not 5%, not even 34.9%, put a damn 35% tint on and go with it. Sooner than later all this illegal crap is going to ruin it for everyone.
wow...ur 65, with this 1 post!!
Old 12-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Intermediate

i bought the car with tints on...didnt know how dark it was...until i asked the guy taking it off...he said it was 20%...during the day it doesnt look that dark..but at nite..its pretty dark...but i can still perfectly
Old 12-16-2005, 01:11 AM
Audio Enthusiast

Tint is probably the least expensive and best mod I have done to my car(s). I can honestly say that any car I own from here on out will have tint. I have blue eyes and it drastically reduces the amount of sunshine that pours in on my eyes even when I have sunglasses on. I have had 5% tint in the past which I admit is ridiculous but I don't feel that 20% is outrageous if your not an idiot when you drive.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:27 AM
NiGhT rIdEr

Originally Posted by Jputt
I have blue eyes and it drastically reduces the amount of sunshine that pours in on my eyes even when I have sunglasses on. I don't feel that 20% is outrageous if your not an idiot when you drive.
same thing here.....the sun makes me blind. i didnt know it was because i have blue eyes till someone told me.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Registered Abuser

I get tickets a lot but the only tint I took off was the front windshield. I'll pay the tickets, I'm never taking my tint off, the car looks wack without it.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:16 AM
7th Gear

I have one green eye and one brown eye. The green eye makes it hard for me to resist from putting huge, loud fart pipes on every piece of crap car I own, and the brown eye causes me to need to take pieces off of a Cessna and place them on the back of my car, resembling a spoiler.

You guys gotta be kidding me. Blue eyes as your excuse for needing and liking dark tint?! I've had blue eyes since the day I was born, and your justification of having blue eyes just made me bust a nut laughing at you.

And maybe I am 65 years old.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Cruisin'

Talking Brown Eye

I have brown eyes and have the same problem - color is NOT a factor in light refractment. Don't you guys pay attention to anything of import?

Get Real - I have a brown eye too...and it appears smarter than the jackazzes that have yet to appreciate the significance of the knowledge that has just been dropped!
Old 12-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Drifting

I dont understand how me having 5% on my car affects other people? I can drive fine with it
It's your car- you should be able to black out the windows if you want to.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:46 PM
7th Gear

I dont understand how me having 5% on my car affects other people? I can drive fine with it
If you even think for a second that having a 5% tint on your car doesn't affect your night time driving visibility, then you are just as big a tool as the rest of them. And if you don't understand how you not being able to see at night while driving, backing up, etc., effects other people, then you shouldn't be driving at all.

Dude, I'll let you in on a little secret....you may think you can see all fine and good at night.....but guess what?! You can't see for shiat.

A 5% tint block 95% of the incoming light. Now, lets go into nighttime driving....WHAT LIGHT. And what little bit there is, you can't see anyway. Along with the little boys reflectors on his bicycle coming home from dinner at a buddies house, or the little girls backpack with reflector tape that was walking back from piano practice, you can't see that kind of stuff either.

This is why we have tint laws, and some states are so damn strict....because people like you and most everyone else thinks its no big deal and do whatever the hell they want. This is also why it is very possible some day that states start banning window tinting all together.....because no one understands how.... "me having 5% on my car affects other people? I can drive fine with it."
Old 12-16-2005, 12:50 PM
7th Gear

And when a cop pulls someone over with blacked out windows, he should be allowed to use a megaphone, tell you to get your stupid arse out of the car and get on the ground, while he searches your car.

What?....you expect him to walk up to a vehicle knowing nothing about who, what or how many are in the car and if they are armed waiting to shoot him through windows he can't see through?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Cruisin'

OK Dude...

Maybe you haven't read the posts by myself and getreal...and since you are only 20 and still believe that the world is pretty much revolving around YOUR axis (not the earth's) and you are likely still caught in a haze of dope smoke.....I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and try this again.

Simply, Excessive amounts of tint impair one's ability to see clearly - FACT! This puts those around you at risk as you are more likely to cause or be involved in an accident - Fact (plenty of evidence to support it - plus, cant fight physics) So just be reasonable in your tint use and selection.

Your second proposed argument is also naive, at best. ("It's your car- you should be able to black out the windows if you want to") Well, many smokers used that same argument until it was proven that second hand smoke effects others, thus, infringing upon the health and safety of others at the hands of those self-righteously priveleged smokers. Also similar in argument is drunk driving laws. "Its my car and my beer, I ought to be able to have a few and drive, as I can drive just fine!" Again, here we have a situation where there is MUCH evidence to support that alcohol impairs one's ability to judge and drive, Thus....you guessed it, putting those around them at risk.

Do you need continued instruction sir?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Drifting

If you even think for a second that having a 5% tint on your car doesn't affect your night time driving visibility, then you are just as big a tool as the rest of them. And if you don't understand how you not being able to see at night while driving, backing up, etc., effects other people, then you shouldn't be driving at all.

Dude, I'll let you in on a little secret....you may think you can see all fine and good at night.....but guess what?! You can't see for shiat.

A 5% tint block 95% of the incoming light. Now, lets go into nighttime driving....WHAT LIGHT. And what little bit there is, you can't see anyway. Along with the little boys reflectors on his bicycle coming home from dinner at a buddies house, or the little girls backpack with reflector tape that was walking back from piano practice, you can't see that kind of stuff either.

This is why we have tint laws, and some states are so damn strict....because people like you and most everyone else thinks its no big deal and do whatever the hell they want. This is also why it is very possible some day that states start banning window tinting all together.....because no one understands how.... "me having 5% on my car affects other people? I can drive fine with it."
First of all- I do have the ability to roll the windows down while backing up to make sure that i'm not going to hit anything, and I do it here and there. Second, at night, other cars drive with their LIGHTS on- so you can see them, even through the tint. Also- my windshield is not tinted, so if i'm driving towards your little girl with her backback or boy with his bike the HID's will illuminate everything just fine.
Anything else?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Drifting

Maybe you haven't read the posts by myself and getreal...and since you are only 20 and still believe that the world is pretty much revolving around YOUR axis (not the earth's) and you are likely still caught in a haze of dope smoke.....I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and try this again.

Simply, Excessive amounts of tint impair one's ability to see clearly - FACT! This puts those around you at risk as you are more likely to cause or be involved in an accident - Fact (plenty of evidence to support it - plus, cant fight physics) So just be reasonable in your tint use and selection.

Your second proposed argument is also naive, at best. ("It's your car- you should be able to black out the windows if you want to") Well, many smokers used that same argument until it was proven that second hand smoke effects others, thus, infringing upon the health and safety of others at the hands of those self-righteously priveleged smokers. Also similar in argument is drunk driving laws. "Its my car and my beer, I ought to be able to have a few and drive, as I can drive just fine!" Again, here we have a situation where there is MUCH evidence to support that alcohol impairs one's ability to judge and drive, Thus....you guessed it, putting those around them at risk.

Do you need continued instruction sir?
Do you need to get off of your fucking pedestal? When did age or my world have anything to do with window tint? Stay on topic gramps. And second hand smoke does effect people and their health. See my previous post as to why my tint doesnt. You're comparing apples to oranges and making fallacious arguments over something I did to MY car. If we're going to discuss age you should act yours.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Cruisin'

Exclamation

Do you need to get off of your fucking pedestal? When did age or my world have anything to do with window tint? Stay on topic gramps. And second hand smoke does effect people and their health. See my previous post as to why my tint doesnt. You're comparing apples to oranges and making fallacious arguments over something I did to MY car. If we're going to discuss age you should act yours.
There is a basic principle in life that when someone "is dealt" they resort to low blows and name calling. Ok, maybe my sarcasm didn't help, but as far as argumentation (structure), and theory that you triedy to use is invalid and doesn't match the counter arguments against you. So, you know you have been beaten so you pull the old "apples vs. oranges" trick out of the bag, thinking it got you off the hook. The principle subject in the examples is not the point here young man. It is the logical equation and outcome that are not only similar - but principly the same. Thus, forming a logical conclusion. Something you don't do so very well, yet. Oh, and your post didn't prove anything whatsoever about how "your tint" doesn't effect others.

So come on genius, tell me how you proved something out of nothing. An intelligent debater, or a realist, or a logical man knows when to back out of an argument that he A. Knows truely very little about. B. Lacks experience (certainly you based on your limited perspective) C. Has merely lost the argument.

Please Step Down Now!!!! We have thrown you enough I am too old to clean you up too!
Old 12-16-2005, 02:41 PM
Cruisin'

One More Thing

Please read this...it may help you in the future when you proport your oversimplified and selfish ideals.

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-- that principle is contempt prior to investigation. --Herbert Spencer
Old 12-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Drifting

There is a basic principle in life that when someone "is dealt" they resort to low blows and name calling. Ok, maybe my sarcasm didn't help, but as far as argumentation (structure), and theory that you triedy to use is invalid and doesn't match the counter arguments against you. So, you know you have been beaten so you pull the old "apples vs. oranges" trick out of the bag, thinking it got you off the hook. The principle subject in the examples is not the point here young man. It is the logical equation and outcome that are not only similar - but principly the same. Thus, forming a logical conclusion. Something you don't do so very well, yet. Oh, and your post didn't prove anything whatsoever about how "your tint" doesn't effect others.

So come on genius, tell me how you proved something out of nothing. An intelligent debater, or a realist, or a logical man knows when to back out of an argument that he A. Knows truely very little about. B. Lacks experience (certainly you based on your limited perspective) C. Has merely lost the argument.

Please Step Down Now!!!! We have thrown you enough I am too old to clean you up too!

Blah blah blah use your own wise advice and give me a real example without being condescending then we can talk. You haven't proven anything yourself, but rather have jumped on getreal's bandwagon. So using your logic we're in the same place here.

"Hmm let me throw some big words in to make my old fart ass sound intelligent and make me feel better about myself"
Old 12-16-2005, 03:08 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

I have one green eye and one brown eye. The green eye makes it hard for me to resist from putting huge, loud fart pipes on every piece of crap car I own, and the brown eye causes me to need to take pieces off of a Cessna and place them on the back of my car, resembling a spoiler.

You guys gotta be kidding me. Blue eyes as your excuse for needing and liking dark tint?! I've had blue eyes since the day I was born, and your justification of having blue eyes just made me bust a nut laughing at you.

And maybe I am 65 years old.
first...i didnt tint my car because of my eyes its what i wanted!!

second...lighter eyes ARE more fragile to bright light!!

Brown Eye

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have brown eyes and have the same problem - color is NOT a factor in light refractment. Don't you guys pay attention to anything of import?

Get Real - I have a brown eye too...and it appears smarter than the jackazzes that have yet to appreciate the significance of the knowledge that has just been dropped! .
um...ok
Old 12-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Cruisin'

Smile Ummm...ok

Blah blah blah use your own wise advice and give me a real example without being condescending then we can talk. You haven't proven anything yourself, but rather have jumped on getreal's bandwagon. So using your logic we're in the same place here.

"Hmm let me throw some big words in to make my old fart ass sound intelligent and make me feel better about myself"
Sounds like there is a budding psychologist in you, nice pick up there....BUT!.... There are many examples specifically that have resulted in the REALITIES that Real and I have already stated....possibly consider a re-read or something. Another basic principle of life - The addition of Laws in our democratic society are most often a result of one's wrongdoing - which leads me to believe that the ever increasing stringent laws are a result of others' mistakes, thus prompting legislation!

Listen man, I don't want to flame you, although it has been somewhat fun, so I ask you to PLEASE, do two things. 1.) Consider what we have said in a "real world" sense/scenario. 2.) Realize that I am an avid diy tinter who has tinted or had tinted (by a real professional) ever one of my numerous vehicles for the past 15 years! Second is that Mr. Get Real is a professional tinter who has years and years of experience. He earns a living doing this. Why would you not find him credible.

BTW- I'm not jumping on his bandwagon- I started this - he came in - we just happen to agree!!! Truth is truth and should never be doubted or denied until tested and failed.

www.tintdude.com There you will find some knowledge droppin'

Quick Reply: my car w/o front tints