Detroit Meet -- June 26, 2004 (not 56K safe)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Detroit Meet -- June 26, 2004 (not 56K safe)

Say ...

Not even an hour back from Detroit, I've posted up pics! Good turn-out (not as good as the last Toronto meet ... but everyone in the Motor City virtually drives one of 'the Big 3') Nice to meet fresh faces -- good times. After meeting everyone, we had a bite to eat at 'Buffalo Wild Wings' (good wings -- could take Hooters for 'best wings') ...

Ironically, I didn't take any close-ups of my car 'cause I see it everyday. LOL.

Here are the pics:

-- white CL-S with Comptech everything (SUPERCHARGER, headers, exhaust)

-- Pure Adrenaline's car (flattering side ... don't see his messed up front bumper)

-- couple more CL-S's (can't remember their names)

-- 1st gen CL (98CLchick's car -- clean!)

-- group pic of the cars

-- people (aka proud owners) oogling over their cars

-- very happy after feasting @ Buffalo Wild Wings

Nice meeting everyone! Have to do this again some time!
- derrick
Old 06-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Happy with my STi!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is that chick? She's pretty hot...
Old 06-26-2004, 08:31 PM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
nice, post more pics of that black CL and the silver TL, those are nice and the guy with the white CL with everything Comptech, that shit is nice.... post more pics and don't forget the chick...
Old 06-28-2004, 02:05 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys don't be idiots..

Nice pics Derrick, should have given us a call, we could have made a road trip out of it....Let's set something up for this summer, with all the north eastern states and the southern ontario areas.. Not to exclude anyone but I'm not sure if people want to drive over 5 hours to get to the meet. I'd be willing to head down to Detriot, New York or Niagara Falls (the councellor is a friend of mine) we could try and do something there if there is an intrest.

Take it easy, and yes I'm missing the pic of your car so I had to do something about it..

Ahhhhhh that feels better... lol Talk to ya.. Patrick
Old 06-28-2004, 07:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thsiao
Who is that chick? She's pretty hot...
Yes, more pics please.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:49 AM
Team Inspire Canada

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
Guys don't be idiots..

Nice pics Derrick, should have given us a call, we could have made a road trip out of it....Let's set something up for this summer, with all the north eastern states and the southern ontario areas.. Not to exclude anyone but I'm not sure if people want to drive over 5 hours to get to the meet. I'd be willing to head down to Detriot, New York or Niagara Falls (the councellor is a friend of mine) we could try and do something there if there is an intrest.

Take it easy, and yes I'm missing the pic of your car so I had to do something about it..

Pat.....Count me in for any meets out of T.O. .....I would not mind the drive.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:54 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
The girl is CL98chick from A-CL. I never caught her name because I didn't talk to her, but I did talk to her boyfriend a hell of a lot about business stuff. Real cool guy (to her right with the hat).

Dennis (the older guy in the picture) has the white supercharged CL-S. That car is a beast. It was definitely the hot topic of the day. He was a cool guy to hang out with, too. He even picked up the tab for our lunch -- thanks, Dennis!!

I'm up for another meet for sure. Just let me know when.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Hey,

To fill in the blanks, 98CLChick on the A-CL board -- her name is Jennifer. She lives in the 'rich' part of Detroit. She's pretty cool and she religiously follows the A-CL board. Doubt she'll ever venture here (she probably will get stalked on A-CL after those pics I posted there). So ... does that mean more people will show up to Detroit meets now that you know who may show up???

Yeah, if you GTA people decide to drive down the 401, gimme a shout. Windsor's not that bad ... nightlife (for the +19yo crowd) is a definite plus.
- derrick

PS Funny -- there's bird crap in the middle of my hood with that pic you posted, Residual Freedom! I'll post some pics soon after I wash & Zaino it next time.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:54 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry buddy!! lol didn't notice but I knew you would!!! lol
Old 06-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by derrick
Hey,

PS Funny -- there's bird crap in the middle of my hood with that pic you posted, Residual Freedom! I'll post some pics soon after I wash & Zaino it next time.

I forgot to ask you about it, but when you pulled up at the meet, I noticed the shine and figured you are a Zaino user. I love that stuff. It's a little bit pricey compared to others, but that's the only stuff that goes on my car, and will on all of my future cars.

Kind of sucks for me, though, because silver doesn't shine that much, but you can still tell.

It rained on the way to the show, so I wiped it off as soon as I got inside Cobo. I only had time for one coat of Z2, but that still came out nice.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:02 AM
Team Inspire Canada

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
I forgot to ask you about it, but when you pulled up at the meet, I noticed the shine and figured you are a Zaino user. I love that stuff. It's a little bit pricey compared to others, but that's the only stuff that goes on my car, and will on all of my future cars.

Kind of sucks for me, though, because silver doesn't shine that much, but you can still tell.

It rained on the way to the show, so I wiped it off as soon as I got inside Cobo. I only had time for one coat of Z2, but that still came out nice.
I like the shine...
Old 07-01-2004, 10:53 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
Guys don't be idiots..

Is this Aegean BP? I can't tell..i duno if the 02 TL-S's came with parchment interiors and the triangular headrests....get back at me if you know lol...I want to know what my car will look like after a few mods
Old 07-02-2004, 11:28 PM
yo!

in every meet............theres gatta be one asian person
Old 07-03-2004, 08:49 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

wow nice rides!!

that CL (white) is HOT! the girl aint bad too

@cUr@-TL
Old 07-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
wow nice rides!!

that CL (white) is HOT! the girl aint bad too

@cUr@-TL
The girl is proof that you can look like a huge nerd and still pick up chicks if you have a TL.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by wonderboy
The girl is proof that you can look like a huge nerd and still pick up chicks if you have a TL.
Dude ...
She owns a '98 CL ... that's why she was at this meet. Her BF doesn't own anything Acura...

- derrick
Old 07-10-2004, 01:54 AM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by wonderboy
Like Derrick said, her boyfriend just tagged along. She's the one with an Acura.

And I wouldn't talk shit about Kyle. He's a really cool guy and knows his shit.