almost DONE. 4 more days

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 01:02 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
almost DONE. 4 more days

My body shop called me today to come check out the car. My guy said that the front kit is too small for the side and back so i went to the shop to check it out. I think it look GOOD as is but I think what he is building is going to be EVEN BETTER. He is gonna build me another lip running thru the bottom of my car so when I scrap its metal so it wont crack my fiberglass kit. It will also lined up better with the side and will drop the front a little lower. The status is that he is making the lip today and painting it tomorrow. Buff it out on monday and ready for delivery on Tuesday. I took some pics

http://www.geocities.com/teamxmystic/mycar3.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/teamxmystic/mycar2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/teamxmystic/mycar1.jpg

Man 5 1/2 weeks w/o my car. I miss it SO MUCH but Its all worth the wait!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 01:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice 3.2 TL IS......
Old 04-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Pro

Wow Slammed full Lexus Is front conversion? damm looks sick what else you doing to it? we gotta meet up when your down here cant wait to see the finish project....
Old 04-30-2005, 01:34 AM
Pro

are you also doing a tail light conversion?
Old 04-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Racer

full front custom side and sarona back but I might take out the back and get the value rear. The srona rear actually look good on this conversion. I am saving up for a turbo so I am done with body work for a while. I might do the new gs tail light later on but let see how it turns out at first. I might jsut keep this look for a while
Old 04-30-2005, 02:05 AM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
nice...i was wondering how the c west would look up front...i am considering this as my next kit got the explosion kit on the way, for sides and rear..
Old 04-30-2005, 02:07 AM
The New 3 Series Coupe

Originally Posted by fixedtl
are you also doing a tail light conversion?
I don't think so... otherwise he might as well just get an IS... Can't wait to see what it looks like tho...
Old 04-30-2005, 02:43 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by njzprettyboy
nice...i was wondering how the c west would look up front...i am considering this as my next kit got the explosion kit on the way, for sides and rear..
Yeah I know what kit you are talking about. I did about a 2 weeks worth of research vbefore doing this and that was my top two choice next to the c 1 its not the c west. slight VERY SLIGHT difference. the one i got is better b/c it foesnt stick out as much. THe explostion is nice but I wanted the IS front. SInce you have the gs headlights, the explosion will be PERFECT for you. I will take more pic once I get the car back, and rims and rotors. It should be all donen ext weekend. I know I am getting my car back on tuesday. I want to see the the GS with the explosion. DO IT!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 02:45 AM
Racer

dunno

Originally Posted by Inspire
I don't think so... otherwise he might as well just get an IS... Can't wait to see what it looks like tho...
I am actually doing some research already. BUt I really wanta turbo in my car so I might just have my the exterior the way it is for a long while. Unless i hit the lottery or if I land a good job after I graduate. I am considering the new gs taillights. THe look nice or the G35 too. Dunno yet.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:07 AM
The New 3 Series Coupe

nice... All out nice that is...
Old 04-30-2005, 03:14 AM
Pro

Nice setup slammed. That is the first full on conversion that I really like. I think benzo or someone else grafted the mercedes light into the front, but I think that yours really does look better. Definatly post some pics when it is all said and done. Congrats on a clean conversion.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:22 AM
Intermediate

hey slammed, remember me? nice to see that your finally gettin ur IS300 conversion done. LOOKS NICE...you thinking about changing the rear lights? keep it the way it is , TL tail lights are nice already. post some pics when your all done
Old 04-30-2005, 04:06 AM
shift@8k

nice acura altezza..........................................
Old 04-30-2005, 04:20 AM
Mr. 2tone

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
OMFG!!!!!! u r truely my hero...i cant wait for ur car to b done...so how much is this running ya?...
Old 04-30-2005, 10:04 AM
boo

Not my cup of tea.. but props to be different..
Old 04-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

Didn't expect an IS conversion. Hope it turns out well.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:39 AM
El Presidente

wow, looks like quite a project. if u dont mind me askin, which bodyshop?
Old 04-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
that's a crazy front end conversion.. not a huge fan of the lexus IS, but props for doing it!
Old 04-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Banned

For all that money you could have done bought a clean 03 IS300 fully loaded, and maybe even have enough leftover for some basic mods. I just don't see why people try to do all these conversions when all the money they put into them they could easily go out and buy the car their trying to "convert" to.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
bacardi^^ its actually prettty simple. with all the money i have spent on my car, i could have probably bought a brand new gs430. but, i bought a tl, and wanted it to be different..i didnt want to be like the 239090320 oter TLs outht here with rims, drop, and kit (not that there is anything wrong with that ...
Old 04-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Pro

What color are you going to paint it?
Old 04-30-2005, 12:50 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
That's fucking stupid.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Future JDM Whore

looks nice....unique
Old 04-30-2005, 05:05 PM
The New 3 Series Coupe

Yeah definitely, little "pimp my ride" thing going on here...
Old 04-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by bacardi151
For all that money you could have done bought a clean 03 IS300 fully loaded, and maybe even have enough leftover for some basic mods. I just don't see why people try to do all these conversions when all the money they put into them they could easily go out and buy the car their trying to "convert" to.
You dont even know how much I spend on the conversion. So how can you JUDGE on what i spent and if its worth it or not. But whatevers. I dont really care I like the conversion and I didnt even spend that much so thanks for your comment
Old 04-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
That's fucking stupid.
Thank you!!! but why is it stupid may i ask
Old 04-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gotmilk221
hey slammed, remember me? nice to see that your finally gettin ur IS300 conversion done. LOOKS NICE...you thinking about changing the rear lights? keep it the way it is , TL tail lights are nice already. post some pics when your all done
Yea I know. I like the TL taillights too. I dont think I am gonna chnage the taillights but I really like the new gs taillights.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by z3Ro
OMFG!!!!!! u r truely my hero...i cant wait for ur car to b done...so how much is this running ya?...
No as much as people THINK its costing me. People forget that i can sell my old parts to invest in the new. I really cant tell how much but not breaking my back for this conversion. ITs worth it im my opinion and I am not rich. I am just smart on moving my money around so I dont spend much on big things like this.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:32 PM
Instructor

Bro - its looks good. Who cares about other people.

JQ.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by FFWDGRAPHX
Bro - its looks good. Who cares about other people.

JQ.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Racer

Oh yeah I know. I really dont care. I am secure enough about my self and my car not to get rattled by any comments. Hey everyone does have their right to their own opinions. I am not going to be offended by people expressin theirself. The most important thing is what I think about the car and I think My car looks nice. Lets wait until I win some awards and see what the haters have to say but I really dont care bout what they say. I think they just jealous. Buy oh wells. No matter what you do, there will always be a few people that dont like what you do to your car. It dont bother me. Thanks for all the support guys, I DO appreciate those that chip in to comment on my car, regardless if its good or bad. I will take more pic once the car is done. I CANT WAIT!!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 04:19 AM
The New 3 Series Coupe

Originally Posted by SLAMMED_WDP_TLS
Oh yeah I know. I really dont care. I am secure enough about my self and my car not to get rattled by any comments. Hey everyone does have their right to their own opinions. I am not going to be offended by people expressin theirself. The most important thing is what I think about the car and I think My car looks nice. Lets wait until I win some awards and see what the haters have to say but I really dont care bout what they say. I think they just jealous. Buy oh wells. No matter what you do, there will always be a few people that dont like what you do to your car. It dont bother me. Thanks for all the support guys, I DO appreciate those that chip in to comment on my car, regardless if its good or bad. I will take more pic once the car is done. I CANT WAIT!!!!
Great mentality! Keep it up bro!
Old 05-01-2005, 05:37 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by SLAMMED_WDP_TLS
Thank you!!! but why is it stupid may i ask
You're welcome.

Appearance modifications are great; there is no arguing that. Hey, I'm not gonna be a hypocrite. Look at my car; I have appearance modifications.

However, I'm building up on what my car is -- a 2003 3.2TL Type-S. Your car? An identity crisis. What business does a Lexus IS front end have on a TL?

Sure, you mention winning awards at shows. That's great that you're into shows. But I'm not into those shows and winning awards, where people show cars with serious identity crises. I think it's fucking stupid that people put together designs of other cars on cars where they don't belong. Sure, your car will be unique. And that's great if that's what you're into.

But bottom line is, I'm not trying to make my car into something it's not. Cars with new front/rear ends and whatnot at car shows, they are all ricers. And I have zero respect for ricers, because they don't know shit about cars. All they care about is a flashy paint job and designs/parts from other cars on theirs. I'm not saying you're one of them. But you're definitely heading in that direction.

But hey, it's your car, and this is just my own opinion. Some people didn't like what I did with my car, but I didn't give a shit. It's my car and I'll do whatever the hell I want with it.

Anyway, I hope it turns out good. I don't like it, but that doesn't mean I have to wish ill wills upon you.

Good luck.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
You're welcome.

Appearance modifications are great; there is no arguing that. Hey, I'm not gonna be a hypocrite. Look at my car; I have appearance modifications.

However, I'm building up on what my car is -- a 2003 3.2TL Type-S. Your car? An identity crisis. What business does a Lexus IS front end have on a TL?

Sure, you mention winning awards at shows. That's great that you're into shows. But I'm not into those shows and winning awards, where people show cars with serious identity crises. I think it's fucking stupid that people put together designs of other cars on cars where they don't belong. Sure, your car will be unique. And that's great if that's what you're into.

But bottom line is, I'm not trying to make my car into something it's not. Cars with new front/rear ends and whatnot at car shows, they are all ricers. And I have zero respect for ricers, because they don't know shit about cars. All they care about is a flashy paint job and designs/parts from other cars on theirs. I'm not saying you're one of them. But you're definitely heading in that direction.

But hey, it's your car, and this is just my own opinion. Some people didn't like what I did with my car, but I didn't give a shit. It's my car and I'll do whatever the hell I want with it.

Anyway, I hope it turns out good. I don't like it, but that doesn't mean I have to wish ill wills upon you.

Good luck.

I said people are entitle to all their opinion but if you want to call something fucken stupid then have a better excuse then identity crisis. I can feel you if you say that you DONT like the IS 300 and its not your favorite car but to say that all conversion are RICE? That is not having an open mind. I am not making a case for me or anything. I just feel that you have a narrow mind and I would HATE to get into a fight with you since it will be like talking to a wall since you have a premeditated bias towards something regardless its nice or not. Its like saying all ethinc food is nasty since I had one bad expereince but it doesnt matter what kinda it is just htat ethnic food is BAD. Oh BTW, I am not having an identity crisis and my car aint having one either. I am not a ricer since I am asian I hate that term and feel a littel offeneded when people use that term. I sill stick by what I said that I love my car and I love what I did to it. Let the opnions coimng, good or bad. I apprecaite all the comments and I will keep modding my car the way I like it and hopefully some of you guys will like it and enjoy the masterpiece I am creating as a ONE OF A KIND TL.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Racer

[QUOTE=Inspire]Great mentality! Keep it up bro![/QUOTyeah I am a psych major and a communications major so I have a strong mind and I kno how to communicate with people of all kinds. but above all I KNOW HOW TO MOD CARS TO LOOK NICE!!!! j/k thanks bro, this site need more suppoerters like you
Old 05-01-2005, 12:30 PM
08 WDP TL-S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=SLAMMED_WDP_TLS]
Originally Posted by Inspire
Great mentality! Keep it up bro![/QUOTyeah I am a psych major and a communications major so I have a strong mind and I kno how to communicate with people of all kinds. but above all I KNOW HOW TO MOD CARS TO LOOK NICE!!!! j/k thanks bro, this site need more suppoerters like you
hey man....i like your mod also man....look great and keep it up...hehe

post some pic after you done it!
Old 05-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Banned

is300 lights belong on the is300. but i wont hate, the quality of the work looks great and im sure it wont look all that bad once its done. the tl-s front end with the value sport front bumper molded would of been fucking sweet.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:32 PM
08 WDP TL-S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by car_lost
is300 lights belong on the is300. but i wont hate, the quality of the work looks great and im sure it wont look all that bad once its done. the tl-s front end with the value sport front bumper molded would of been fucking sweet.
Keep it up and i m waiting for your pics dude....hehe
Old 05-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Racer

Slammed, The ride is lookin' HOTT!! Don't listen to haters, that swear they know what looks good and what doesn't. That KaT is funny as hell...I'm sure you'll win alot of shows and will get props anywhere you go....Like you said It's all about being different and Your type of diffrent is the GOOD type in my opinion. Keep up the great work and lemme know if you're selling your front end. I'll be first in line to buy it off you... LET THEM HATERS DO WHAT THEY DO BEST....HATE!!
Old 05-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Racer

yo

Originally Posted by 00REDTL
Slammed, The ride is lookin' HOTT!! Don't listen to haters, that swear they know what looks good and what doesn't. That KaT is funny as hell...I'm sure you'll win alot of shows and will get props anywhere you go....Like you said It's all about being different and Your type of diffrent is the GOOD type in my opinion. Keep up the great work and lemme know if you're selling your front end. I'll be first in line to buy it off you... LET THEM HATERS DO WHAT THEY DO BEST....HATE!!
Thanks. I am little ticked off right now. The dude said he will be done wit the ride on Tuesday but still not done. Thanks for the complement. If you want to buy my stock front, pm me and we'll talk. onceits back I will take more pic. I hope I get the car back tomorrow.

Quick Reply: almost DONE. 4 more days