2g TL custom tweeter pods using '13 Accord EX bracket

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 05:07 PM
K-Fed's Stunt Double

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2g TL custom tweeter pods using '13 Accord EX bracket

hi guys,

first off want to thank floored4door for providing inspiration so that i could find a way (and someone) who could help me reproduce his efforts.

in contrast to his howto, mine was a little different. the man i went to (edmontonians can shoot me a PM if you want his contact info, but i won't openly disclose it) did a great job.

my ambitious design has caught a snag, mainly that when the door closes the 'bulge' from the 2013 accord tweeters hits the a-pillar, preventing a perfectly-flush fit.
  • however, when the door is open they fit perfectly
the man i went to was kind enough to offer to fix the issue, which i anticipate will occur in the next few days.

in the meanwhile, i wanted to show pictures of what it looks like and just how satisfied i am. even after the anticipated fabrication, i doubt i will be any less enthralled than i currently am.

as a sidenote: he did not use bondo at all. he used this expensive plastic filler, which i believe was to ensure hardness and durability.

he very aptly pointed out that a bondo-fabricated tweeter may crack/fracture over a duration of time, and i'm happy i went to him since nuggets of wisdom like that are hard to come by.

now, here are some pics
Name:  xm2XZOZ.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  248.8 KB
Name:  B26zHVJ.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  229.2 KB
Name:  mDXZaMj.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  229.6 KB
Name:  qLUJWYW.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  224.1 KB
Old 06-10-2017, 06:26 PM
K-Fed's Stunt Double

got them back today, and i'm extremely pleased with the modifications.

there is a slight rub when you close the door, but i think i can make that work by sliding it a bit near the window, and then have it hold by modifying the connecting clip.

very pleased that this fellow was willing to make the adjustments. hopefully it works otherwise i'm back to square one.

don't mind the fit when the door is closed, even if it is not flush against the hypotenuse of the triangle, because of how it looks. it's snug which is nice, so hopefully i can just slide it slightly over and i'm good to go.

2g TL custom tweeter pods using '13 Accord EX bracket-7nt2j5a.jpg

cheers!
Old 06-10-2017, 11:31 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
It looks good! I think that slight gap is only noticeable because you know it's there. I don't think you would notice unless you were looking for it.
The following users liked this post:
broly (06-11-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 05:17 PM
K-Fed's Stunt Double

Originally Posted by Karanx7
It looks good! I think that slight gap is only noticeable because you know it's there. I don't think you would notice unless you were looking for it.
thanks for your kind words man.'

and thanks again for giving me the tip about that bolt when it came to removing the dash; i would have never had the courage to let someone else finish it if not for your response (not many people take the dash apart).

one day, i will tackle that bolt on my own! but for right now i'm ill-equipped to do so.

thx again