02ACTcLean's RE-BUILD thread.......PRAXISxDTM AUTOBODYxVIP MODULAR.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 07:47 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by 02ACTcLean
Thanks for the heads up. That the only kit available? Will it allow more than -3 degrees?

Possibly my only option.
I've heard better things about the Ingalls kits
The following users liked this post:
02ACTcLean (03-08-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Im looking for a front camber kit also... Saw heel toe is having a group buy on them... Prolly gonna go with ingalls
The following 2 users liked this post by XxXboboXxX:
02ACTcLean (03-08-2012), 02WIPTL (04-11-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 11:03 PM
..PRAXIS..

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
*NEW PIC!!* lol (deff my favorite pic so far!)

Here's another from WekFest, this one taken by Joey from "The Chronicles". Give you a good take on the paint and the wheel finish. Enjoy!

*update* When i had my Rays, I was running 25mil spacers.. the spacers were hella fuckin tight on the rear, and my buddies couldnt get them off in time for wekfest (had like a few hours).. so the wheels were fitted over the spacers. Well now with some time, the spacers are coming off, and im getting new barrels, 25mil deeper (about an inch). stoked.

Originally Posted by XxXboboXxX
Im looking for a front camber kit also... Saw heel toe is having a group buy on them... Prolly gonna go with ingalls
Good look bro, I'm going to jump on that as well.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Such an Ill color!!! Wasn't sure what i thought at first. But has grown a whole lot. Custom in assuming.... I love the gloss as well. Wish I could see this in person!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
I hardly commend on op ride but this one is special and I call Simply the best ever 2g bible.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:45 AM
..PRAXIS..

Originally Posted by floored4door
Such an Ill color!!! Wasn't sure what i thought at first. But has grown a whole lot. Custom in assuming.... I love the gloss as well. Wish I could see this in person!
Thanks B! The color is a Mercedes Benz color. I love it as well!

Originally Posted by winhansse
I hardly commend on op ride but this one is special and I call Simply the best ever 2g bible.
I gotcha bro! Thanks!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 111 Likes on 100 Posts
You have a proper shoot on the calender for this, man?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts
unpainted visors look awesome!

lol Jay looks way too happy in the back.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 PM
VIP TL

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
^^thats how asians get around women lol this ride is killer bro, love it.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
(2g) Kings of kings, Lords of Lords!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:19 AM
R2D
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
*NEW PIC!!* lol (deff my favorite pic so far!)

Here's another from WekFest, this one taken by Joey from "The Chronicles". Give you a good take on the paint and the wheel finish. Enjoy!

*update* When i had my Rays, I was running 25mil spacers.. the spacers were hella fuckin tight on the rear, and my buddies couldnt get them off in time for wekfest (had like a few hours).. so the wheels were fitted over the spacers. Well now with some time, the spacers are coming off, and im getting new barrels, 25mil deeper (about an inch). stoked.

Good look bro, I'm going to jump on that as well.

Had a chance to see the TL in person, looks sick as fuck! I was in awww for a few mins lol. shit is just way tooo sickkkkk!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry if you already answered this, i just didnt feel like going through all the previous pages but is this car on air or is it a static height? and what kind of control arms are you using?
Old 03-23-2012, 05:10 AM
..PRAXIS..

Originally Posted by kidduce
You have a proper shoot on the calender for this, man?
100%. I have a couple shoots already lined up (video and photo). Should be seeing some teasers around June for sure.

Originally Posted by jjashaa
unpainted visors look awesome!

lol Jay looks way too happy in the back.
Yea the unpainted visors deff works. flows well. haahha @ Jay, yea I spotted that, he loves the white women!

Originally Posted by cdn_rider
^^thats how asians get around women lol this ride is killer bro, love it.
lol!

Originally Posted by jacksonstl03
(2g) Kings of kings, Lords of Lords!
Thanks homie!

Originally Posted by R2D
Had a chance to see the TL in person, looks sick as fuck! I was in awww for a few mins lol. shit is just way tooo sickkkkk!!!
Fuck yea!! Stoked you found it!

Originally Posted by 1blwn_accord
sorry if you already answered this, i just didnt feel like going through all the previous pages but is this car on air or is it a static height? and what kind of control arms are you using?
All good. Im on Air Lift air struts w/ Air Lift Autopilot management. In the rear i have SPC camber arms, up front linkage is all stock.

I ended up ordering the Ingalls kit for up front, NOT THE BALL JOINT.. its the entire upper arm with fully adjustable camber slots. Similar to the 3G TL Skunk 2 kits. I'll be posting up some feedback on how it goes (install, function) in the future.

Deeper rear barrels on soon!!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:59 AM
Advanced

All good. Im on Air Lift air struts w/ Air Lift Autopilot management. In the rear i have SPC camber arms, up front linkage is all stock.

I ended up ordering the Ingalls kit for up front, NOT THE BALL JOINT.. its the entire upper arm with fully adjustable camber slots. Similar to the 3G TL Skunk 2 kits. I'll be posting up some feedback on how it goes (install, function) in the future.

Look forward to your review on the upper arm. From what i've heard ball joint/control arm slap cannot be avoided when riding so low. hopefully the ingalls arms work out for ya
Old 03-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

def post some feedback!! i need a kit for the front and have been trying to figure out whether i should go with the arms or ball joints!!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:55 PM
..PRAXIS..

Look forward to your review on the upper arm. From what i've heard ball joint/control arm slap cannot be avoided when riding so low. hopefully the ingalls arms work out for ya
Yup i know what your talking about. Holes are already cut in the upper front wheel well. pics when i can get them up. my current arms protrude through the holes into the bay.

Originally Posted by XxXboboXxX
def post some feedback!! i need a kit for the front and have been trying to figure out whether i should go with the arms or ball joints!!
I'll let you know soon!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:37 AM
Advanced

Yup i know what your talking about. Holes are already cut in the upper front wheel well. pics when i can get them up. my current arms protrude through the holes into the bay.
n!
quick question did you do anything to reinforce the shock tower? I've been thinking about cutting into the shock tower to let my ball joint pass through, but Im worried about structural integrity... When you drive do you hear any flexing or creaking in the engine bay?
Old 03-31-2012, 11:18 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Still no sunlight pics? Faaack
floored4door (04-09-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 11:45 PM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
Car looks great. Glad to see someone still going HAM on the 2G TL platform. Seeing photos of your car brings back a few memories of mine...esp the before photos! Man has the scene changed..
Old 04-01-2012, 09:41 AM
..PRAXIS..

quick question did you do anything to reinforce the shock tower? I've been thinking about cutting into the shock tower to let my ball joint pass through, but Im worried about structural integrity... When you drive do you hear any flexing or creaking in the engine bay?
I didnt cut huge holes in the towers, just enough to let the arms extend fully. I plan to weld in and paint a raised box over the hole to reinforce the towers. Currently i dont have any strange creaking sounds coming from the front end. It puts an end to that terrible sound when the arm smashes the wheel well while riding low and on air allows you to lay out quite nice.

Originally Posted by 02type-s
Still no sunlight pics? Faaack
Not yet bro. Once i get back to the car, in May, I'll for sure take some. I picked up a Cannon T3i back in Nov. I'll be sure to take some dope snaps in the sun.

Originally Posted by njzprettyboy
Car looks great. Glad to see someone still going HAM on the 2G TL platform. Seeing photos of your car brings back a few memories of mine...esp the before photos! Man has the scene changed..
Whats up godfather! Your car has been a huge inspiration to my build. Still reminisce about those red leather CL-S seats..!! and the headlight conversion you did was ahead of its time. Thanks for the props. Are you working on any projects currently?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Advanced

I didnt cut huge holes in the towers, just enough to let the arms extend fully. I plan to weld in and paint a raised box over the hole to reinforce the towers. Currently i dont have any strange creaking sounds coming from the front end. It puts an end to that terrible sound when the arm smashes the wheel well while riding low and on air allows you to lay out quite nice.

if it isn't too much of a hassle do you think you could possibly take a picture of the towers? Looks like if adding this extra bumpstop into the coilover doesnt solve the slapping i will have to cut the tower as a last resort. I'd like to see how big of a hole i'll need to cut to let the suspension pass through. BTW the paint and the car looks so dope cant wait to see the pictures of it in the sunlight
Old 04-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
mike whats good can we see how that ASS sits with those wheels
Old 04-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
Whats up godfather! Your car has been a huge inspiration to my build. Still reminisce about those red leather CL-S seats..!! and the headlight conversion you did was ahead of its time. Thanks for the props. Are you working on any projects currently?
Thanks for the props....when I built my car there were no cars really running nice fitting wheels...now its all about the fitment...havent really went crazy modding anything after that, but had a CLK500 for a while and now this is what Im driving around

Its got HREs and a Tubi exhaust...not going to mess around with this thing anymore though..

CLK500..just lowered it and slapped on CLK63 oem wheels..
Old 04-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Thanks for the props....when I built my car there were no cars really running nice fitting wheels...now its all about the fitment...havent really went crazy modding anything after that, but had a CLK500 for a while and now this is what Im driving around

Its got HREs and a Tubi exhaust...not going to mess around with this thing anymore though..

dammm.. wth do you do??
Old 04-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Regional Coordinator (SoCal)

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts
honestly, i can't speak for myself since i've never had this done on my car but alot of people on the Lexus community have done this on their GS & LS. the hole just has to big enough for the ball joint to pass through. everybody who's done it never had any problems in terms of flexing/creaking. but yeah, if you're skeptical about it, have them weld a box over it.

like this:

http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/foru...354#post101354
Old 04-07-2012, 10:17 AM
..PRAXIS..

if it isn't too much of a hassle do you think you could possibly take a picture of the towers? Looks like if adding this extra bumpstop into the coilover doesnt solve the slapping i will have to cut the tower as a last resort. I'd like to see how big of a hole i'll need to cut to let the suspension pass through. BTW the paint and the car looks so dope cant wait to see the pictures of it in the sunlight
I'll post a pic for sure. Yea a proper shoot soon!

Originally Posted by JDM Inspired
mike whats good can we see how that ASS sits with those wheels
Soon man soon!

2 heavy hitters right there! next level shit! lol Glad to see the coils and the exhaust, coundnt have been cheap! Glad to see you've moved on tho some seriously nice cars. keep in touch!
JDM Inspired (05-23-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Advanced

stop being a tease and post PHOTOS!!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:34 AM
..PRAXIS..

stop being a tease and post PHOTOS!!!!
Would if I could!! Car is currently in the interior shop. Keeping it classy inside, I'm sure you'll appreciate.

I have a few more peices to install.. lets jus say.. I'll be able to stop a helluva lot better!!

Updates soon! well.. as soon as i can!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:57 AM
..PRAXIS..

Found the pictures of the opening I made in the strut tower. you can clearly see how much the upper arm protrudes through the tower once cut, allowing me to drive lower with no control arm bang and lay lower when aired out. I may be cutting a little more, havent made my mind up yet. A reinforced box will be welded around this hole.

Lays out roughly 1/2" lower:

Old 04-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

dam you went from a 2nd Gen TL to a Benz to the Aston

Old 04-22-2012, 08:43 AM
..PRAXIS..

^^ Lets keep this thread on track as a build thread, njzprettyboy has recently started a new thread concerning his TL and his recent endevors, please post all njzprettyboy comments there. Thanks!
The following 2 users liked this post by 02ACTcLean:
6MTUA5 (04-24-2013), tommystyle86 (04-27-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Keep coming into this thread hoping for new pics of ops car. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. LOL
Old 05-04-2012, 09:23 AM
..PRAXIS..

I know I know.. no pics yet.. Work is currently being done on the car, so its not even together as i write this. I just left Perth, Australia, so yea.. no way i can take pics anyway.. in the mean time all you Socal guys check out our show that will be going down this September, going to be epic!! Register and get out there!

Old 05-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,628 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Please several pictures with those girls in front of your car.

kthnx
Old 05-17-2012, 01:15 AM
Advanced

I know I know.. no pics yet.. Work is currently being done on the car, so its not even together as i write this. I just left Perth, Australia, so yea.. no way i can take pics anyway.. in the mean time all you Socal guys check out our show that will be going down this September, going to be epic!! Register and get out there!

is the car back from the interior shop?! and whats the status on those new ball joints? did you have to adjust the slot you cut in the shock tower to accomodate the new ball joint? im not sure how the top of an ingalls ball joint looks like, but SPC has a really large nut that protrudes like 3mm. which is a lot in that tight space..
Old 05-18-2012, 03:21 AM
..PRAXIS..

I know the updates are lagging, but i sense most of you don't know that I'm deployed right now (US Navy). Thought i mentioned it a few posts back. My team, or should i say family, Team Praxis, is being unbelievably helpful in this build, getting the car where it needs to be for the summer show season and possibly SEMA this November. This build would be at a standstill if it wasn't for the constant support of my team and friends.
So thats why no pics of the updates like daily, I'm not there to take any.

Here's some new news:

-Rear wheels re-barreled, now 18x12!!! running a 255/35/18 Toyo T1S
-Interior(not full) done (door inserts, roof, all pillars, center console). Material and stitching keeping a secert till pics!
-Audio is slowly getting there, Pioneer AVIC XBT940 going in once I'm back.

is the car back from the interior shop?! and whats the status on those new ball joints? did you have to adjust the slot you cut in the shock tower to accomodate the new ball joint? im not sure how the top of an ingalls ball joint looks like, but SPC has a really large nut that protrudes like 3mm. which is a lot in that tight space..
As for the front camber kit, I purchased the FULL UPPER ARM. not the ball joint setup. It replaces your entire upper control arm, with sliding camber adjustment. I'm sure it will be bigger by the holes. will cut as necessary. Thanks for the heads up tho!

Should have the car back next weekend, many pictures will be posted!!

Last edited by 02ACTcLean; 05-18-2012 at 03:24 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 667 Likes on 389 Posts
cant wait to see the new pics.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Advanced

I know the updates are lagging, but i sense most of you don't know that I'm deployed right now (US Navy). Thought i mentioned it a few posts back. My team, or should i say family, Team Praxis, is being unbelievably helpful in this build, getting the car where it needs to be for the summer show season and possibly SEMA this November. This build would be at a standstill if it wasn't for the constant support of my team and friends.
So thats why no pics of the updates like daily, I'm not there to take any.

Here's some new news:

-Rear wheels re-barreled, now 18x12!!! running a 255/35/18 Toyo T1S
-Interior(not full) done (door inserts, roof, all pillars, center console). Material and stitching keeping a secert till pics!
-Audio is slowly getting there, Pioneer AVIC XBT940 going in once I'm back.

As for the front camber kit, I purchased the FULL UPPER ARM. not the ball joint setup. It replaces your entire upper control arm, with sliding camber adjustment. I'm sure it will be bigger by the holes. will cut as necessary. Thanks for the heads up tho!

Should have the car back next weekend, many pictures will be posted!!
i never took the time to read the other posts. but just wanna say thanks for serving the country. and will be patient with the pics! when are you coming home?
Old 05-19-2012, 12:33 AM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

can't wait for new pics.!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:15 AM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Car is so so so sick true inspiration keep up the great work

Quick Reply: 02ACTcLean's RE-BUILD thread.......PRAXISxDTM AUTOBODYxVIP MODULAR.......