SS lines with Legend Calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 12:18 PM
She thinks my TL's sexy.

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
SS lines with Legend Calipers?

I already have a set of the Goodridge stainless steel lines and I have decided (due to a stuck bleeder) to do the Legend caliper upgrade. Does anybody know if these same TL lines will be a correct fit for the Legend calipers or if another part is recommended?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 349 Likes on 291 Posts
same lines as TL will fit. =]

goodridge ones crapped out on me while bleeding them..

racingbrake SS lines ftw.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:25 PM
She thinks my TL's sexy.

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks!

Originally Posted by jjashaa
goodridge ones crapped out on me while bleeding them..
How did you manage to kill your lines by bleeding? The lines don't seem very relevant to that operation.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

dunno.. i was just doing the whole bleeding process and the rear started to leak where it meets the caliper.. so i took it off. placed back stock ones on both...

left front ones on.. then those started leaking so i just bought the Racingbrake ones.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:57 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
dunno.. i was just doing the whole bleeding process and the rear started to leak where it meets the caliper.. so i took it off. placed back stock ones on both...

left front ones on.. then those started leaking so i just bought the Racingbrake ones.
Sounds like you either didn't tighten it correctly or cross threaded it. Goodridge makes very good SS lines. I ave Racing Brakes SS lines and love them, but don't see them as being much better than Goodridge.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Originally Posted by sbuswell
Sounds like you either didn't tighten it correctly or cross threaded it. Goodridge makes very good SS lines. I ave Racing Brakes SS lines and love them, but don't see them as being much better than Goodridge.
negative.

i guess i just got defective ones.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
I want to get new lines
Old 08-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
negative.

i guess i just got defective ones.
Did you put the washers or new washers on when you installed them?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Avant Garde Wheels

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Did you put the washers or new washers on when you installed them?
hmm.. i don't remember

Old 09-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sbuswell
Can't seem to find the Goodridge ones. Anyone got a part number? Racingbrake lines are available from Heel Toe, which I might end up getting.

Anyway, I installed the 2 piston Legend calipers, and I have to say that I noticed a big difference. Not sure if it's phsycological or not...but it feels like the car stops that much harder/faster. Next up are the ss lines and I'm pretty much done with brakes. I may get some rear rotors but not sure if those are really necessary since the fronts get the brunt of the work.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:08 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It was prob the washers that where leaking..
When I put on my NSX calipers the old washers leaked, put the new washers on problem solved..
I still get a metal rubbing noise from my NSX caliper I havent had time to take it off and check it out but I think it is the metal plate that sits on top of the caliper inside hitting the rotor..Do the Legend calipers have a metal plate on top of the inside of the caliper?
Old 09-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,495 Posts
Originally Posted by StonedCL
Do the Legend calipers have a metal plate on top of the inside of the caliper?
Old 09-08-2009, 07:16 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Originally Posted by zeta
what r those metal plates suppose to exactly do?
If I remove it will there be a problem?
That cis cis cis noise is really getting to me i know my caliper is not locked up changed my brake hose and pads are not stuck just keeps making that cis cis cis noise and im thinking its that metal bracket think !
Old 09-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Suzuka Master

what r those metal plates suppose to exactly do?
If I remove it will there be a problem?
That cis cis cis noise is really getting to me i know my caliper is not locked up changed my brake hose and pads are not stuck just keeps making that cis cis cis noise and im thinking its that metal bracket think !
When I first installed my legend calipers, I left them in and they rubbed the outside of the rotors and made an awful sound. When I removed them, the sound went away and all is good. If you have them (metal brackets/plates at the top of the caliper) on, this is most likely the source of your woes.

As far as what they are ther for

Remove them and
Old 09-09-2009, 02:06 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by zeta
When I first installed my legend calipers, I left them in and they rubbed the outside of the rotors and made an awful sound. When I removed them, the sound went away and all is good. If you have them (metal brackets/plates at the top of the caliper) on, this is most likely the source of your woes.

As far as what they are ther for

Remove them and

Thats what i was thinking, I checked everything , took them off and reinstalled everything twice and still making a metal rubbing noise cis cis cis..
I was thinking that was it just had not had time to take them off yet. I will do it when I install me back pads and rotors in the next few weeks.
It is funny though cuz its only the passenger side not the driver side.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Suzuka Master

It is funny though cuz its only the passenger side not the driver side.
lol, I remember when it happened to me, I was like WTFx that noise because it was coming from both wheels. It was like I was driving some ghetto cruiser down the street, that's how loud it was. What a PITA it was to go back and redo all that work just to remove the inside retainers; however, when the car is your daily driver and squeling like hell, it had to be done.

Your driver side retainer may be bent away from the edge of the rotor just enough to prevent it from rubbing, and thus no sound.

While you are there, it would be prudent to check out the splash guard as well to make sure it did not somehow bend and come in contact with the rotor.

If the retainer or splash guard are not the source of the noise, there is not much else coming in contact with the rotor other then the pads.