SPC rear camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Its good to be FRESH!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SPC rear camber kit

done on my 6thgen accord but same platform as my 03 TL
this will take you roughly about an hour. depending on how much you drink and how fast. also if your friends are there and are being lazy aSSes

my 99 cg5. you will need one of these to put on the camber kit. putting on the rear camber kit so i can get an alignment. first begin by placing the rear of the car on jackstands, chock blocks up front and a jack under the subframe just in case. dont want your car fallin on your head. cuz aleve wont fix that.

tools you will need. in order of importance from left to right. beer(i chose budlight but you can subsitute for you fave beer), impact sockets, rachet wrench, your wheel key if you have it, hammer, ball joint seperator, screwdriver or needle nose pliers for cotter pin, impact gun, 2 adjustable wrenches for the camber kit and a 15mm wrench. jack and jackstands too

the piece you will be replacing. if your wondering its the upper bar that straight not at an angle.

because of clearence problems with the bolt. i had to loosen the bolts on the sub frame. drop it like 1/2 inch also helped me with clearance problems with the fender lip. ill explain later. also if you dont wanna lose your lugnuts put them on the wheel studs. also helps in not getting yoru clothes or skin snagged on them.

first take your 17mm socket and loosen the castle nut. then take your balljoint seperator and separte the ball joint from the spindle. may take some effort on this part

you will need a 17mm socket for the nut. and a 15mm for the bolt. use a ratchet wrench on the 17mm along with a cheater bar or some pipe or something of that nature. and a 15mm wrench. nothing else will fit. i tried with no luck

reason i dropped the subframe. not to much space to work with. this is the drivers side. all pics taken were on the passengers side. those are the gas tank hoses and filler neck tube

here you see what i was talking bout. this is after i dropped the subframe. made it alot easier to get in there.

heres a look at the stock arm next to the adjustable one. once you have the stock one in your hand place the new one next to it and adjust it out to where they are the same size from center of the balljoint (look at the ring up top) to the center of the whole.

here it is installed. and you can see clearly in this pic the ring i was talking bout.

this is what i was refering to earlier. my left side rubbed like a mo fo. so i trimmed almost the whole fender lip and the right side stayed untouched. so what i did when i lowered the subframe was to pull it as far right of the car as i could. there is 1/4" of play. hey something is better than nothing. i think now it may clear the lil tab that holds the bumper to the body so i wont have to shave it down any more.

tighten everything back up. the instructions say to put the weight of the car on the suspension then tighten. so just take the jack and lift up from under the link bars and then tighten. then go back and recheck what you just tighten just incase you forgot one. its your suspension your talking bout. dont want to end up in the wall cuz your **** fell apart.

reinstall your wheels and tighten lugnuts! almost done. set the car down. and go grab a beer and drink it. thanks for your time in checkin out my diy. hope this helps you guys. if not its still cool. thought i would contribute to the forum.

me, my beer and the shocker. :beer:
Old 10-13-2007, 10:52 PM
08 Civic SI

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
great writeup
Old 10-13-2007, 11:09 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
excellent
Old 10-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
just take it to the alignment shop and you're all set

Ask the shop to double check the bolts with it sitting on the alignment lift- then all the weight is on it like normal, and its up in the air to work on
Nothing worse than a pinched something because a bolt was tightened wrong
Old 10-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Its good to be FRESH!!

yeah fuck that. i dont trust those places. its my ride i know i tighten everything twice. they dont care bout your ride heres proof

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1y8lrkfk0Jg
Old 10-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Its good to be FRESH!!

but yes you have to tak it to the rack unless you have an angle finder and a level surface. then set your back wheels -.5 degrees or somwhere close to that if you dont have the cash flow or the place dont open til monday. cuz i know alot of us do this on our weekends when places like that are closed. and this was done a long a55 time ago. just added to this forum. heres the original thread from last christmas.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=3984
Old 11-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Keep it flush!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread isnt that old to ask something I guess... "Philly", all this stuff is new to me, I'm getting most of the stuff done to my car becuase all of the great work you guys do to your own cars, so I got that mod itch now. Regarding the camber, I'll definatley need to do this since I have some 19's on order... Question, after getting this installed, does the wheel alignment place adjust the bolts I see on the rear camber to get it properly aligned? I know that sounded noob, my bad.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
Do you have a DIY for the front camber kit with ball joint?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:35 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by djescobar973
This thread isnt that old to ask something I guess... "Philly", all this stuff is new to me, I'm getting most of the stuff done to my car becuase all of the great work you guys do to your own cars, so I got that mod itch now. Regarding the camber, I'll definatley need to do this since I have some 19's on order... Question, after getting this installed, does the wheel alignment place adjust the bolts I see on the rear camber to get it properly aligned? I know that sounded noob, my bad.
they should turn the entire arm structure in one or the other direction which will move it along the ends or "bolts"

0--[ ]--0 --- they will turn the part indicated by [ ]... this will either bring it closer together or further apart (positive, negative)

someone chime in if im misunderstanding because i'll be doing this ina few days and thsi is my understanding
Old 11-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Keep it flush!

ok, makes sense I guess.. They'll turn the kit whatever way to align the wheel.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Its good to be FRESH!!

you are right but before you drop it take note the distance between the tire and fender lip. then once you drop it try and get it as close as possible to that. that will keep the camber wear to a minimum till you get to the alignment shope. cuz you never know what will happen (ie.. traffic, low funds, or just run out of time before you have to go to work). all you do is spin it in one direction or another and youll figure out which way will push it out. hope this helps. pm me if you get in a bind installing it or hit me up. ill try my best to walk you through it. 281-384-9449. PHILLIP
Old 11-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Its good to be FRESH!!

Originally Posted by InspireTL
Do you have a DIY for the front camber kit with ball joint?
no but when i did the drop on my accord it didnt require it. drop wasnt that aggressive
Old 11-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Keep it flush!

I love this freekin forum... dude gives out his #number to help out. Awesome.