people are gonna hate me for this...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
people are gonna hate me for this...

Hey I have been really getting annoyed with the fact that I cant achieve anymore HP with out supercharing my car. I looked for other threads about this but came up with nothing. I know that the VFAC II is one of the best tuners but there is no proof that it does anything. Also I will be building a custom exhaust system with 2.5" piping and 14832 magnaflows, but i know that will do almost nothing for hp. So now all i am left is waiting on a new higher boost supercharger to come out, possibly from www.motorsports.com. I have a guy that will sell me a tuner and tune my car for 300$ but idk if it would be worth it. Hopefully this thread will help rejuvinate the performance for the people on this forum.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Advanced

idk why but i typed motorsports in the link but it insists on just motorsports... the link is MOTORSPORTS!!!! damnit.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Advanced

its actually "red shift motor sports" DOT COM... for some reason this wont let me type it out.. it automatically puts motorsports like it knows better than me.... damnit
Old 03-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Why not the comptech unit and the high boost pulley. That is atleast available. And well known
Old 03-18-2007, 02:40 PM
03' NBP TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i am annoyed also.. but there are not many choices for our car. i have realized that and made peace with it.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Banned

At the end of the day, our car was meant to be a luxury car, not a sporty/race car. Hence the lack of performance goodies. You should have thought about that before purchasing a luxury car
Old 03-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Racer

you know RIdinDurty, you are right. We tend to forget that our car is a LUXURY car. Why do transimissions go out...perhaps because we push our cars too much? I don't know. I Hope mine will last me a while.
As much as we want some improvements, we have to deal with what we have. Or we can get a ricer and turbo charge it to stupidity!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Muhtish
you know RIdinDurty, you are right. We tend to forget that our car is a LUXURY car. Why do transimissions go out...perhaps because we push our cars too much? I don't know. I Hope mine will last me a while.
As much as we want some improvements, we have to deal with what we have. Or we can get a ricer and turbo charge it to stupidity!
Who cares if its luxury? Should we say the same to those who mod their BMW's? Or how about Mercedes AMG division? The work the hell out of their "Luxury" car..
Our trans dont go out because we push our cars hard. You need to understand why our trans fail and that has nothing to do with it.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:13 PM
W00t

You can do anything to any car with the right amount of money.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Who cares if its luxury? Should we say the same to those who mod their BMW's? Or how about Mercedes AMG division? The work the hell out of their "Luxury" car..
Our trans dont go out because we push our cars hard. You need to understand why our trans fail and that has nothing to do with it.
Ok I am assuming you are mainly talking about the BMW M3/M5. People who buy the M3/M5 or any AMG series is mainly paying for a performance car. If they purchase any of those cars is simply because they are power hungry. They want to go fast, they want power right out of the dealer. Almost everyone who owns an M3/M5 or AMG series will tell you they bought the car for 2 reasons.. the name brand of the car and its power/speed. Manufacturers would be stupid not to produce performance products for those cars. There is a big difference between buying a regular 3 series BMW and an M3. Same as a Mercedes and an AMG...

Look at the Acura TL crowd. Maybe about 70-80% of TL owners buy the car for its simplicity, comfort and LUXURY. They have no means to ever add after market products to the car. Let alone performance parts. I always see OLD folks driving a TL around here. When was the last time you saw an 80 year old grandpa driving a BMW M3? Or an AMG Mercedes? The TL was not made to attract the high speed/high power crowd. I believe one of the main reasons Comptech went out of business is because a great deal of Acura owners don't buy their products. They made a good effort and took a chance with the SC for the TL, but the demand wasn't as great as they thought it would be.

My point is that if you were looking for a fast/comfortable/high power/LUXURY car then i guess you should have gotten a BMW? AMG? not a TL, sorry
Old 03-18-2007, 06:34 PM
W00t

^I agree with ya man. This is one of the biggest reasons the TL comes in FWD. The new TL-S is a step in the right direction to attract more people looking into the luxury performance sedans.. but they are not quite there yet. Perhaps if they incorporated the SH-AWD system and a turbo charger.. or something like that then it would be tits.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:03 PM
FPR pimpin'

Originally Posted by RidinDurty
Ok I am assuming you are mainly talking about the BMW M3/M5. People who buy the M3/M5 or any AMG series is mainly paying for a performance car. If they purchase any of those cars is simply because they are power hungry. They want to go fast, they want power right out of the dealer. Almost everyone who owns an M3/M5 or AMG series will tell you they bought the car for 2 reasons.. the name brand of the car and its power/speed. Manufacturers would be stupid not to produce performance products for those cars. There is a big difference between buying a regular 3 series BMW and an M3. Same as a Mercedes and an AMG...

Look at the Acura TL crowd. Maybe about 70-80% of TL owners buy the car for its simplicity, comfort and LUXURY. They have no means to ever add after market products to the car. Let alone performance parts. I always see OLD folks driving a TL around here. When was the last time you saw an 80 year old grandpa driving a BMW M3? Or an AMG Mercedes? The TL was not made to attract the high speed/high power crowd. I believe one of the main reasons Comptech went out of business is because a great deal of Acura owners don't buy their products. They made a good effort and took a chance with the SC for the TL, but the demand wasn't as great as they thought it would be.

My point is that if you were looking for a fast/comfortable/high power/LUXURY car then i guess you should have gotten a BMW? AMG? not a TL, sorry
I think you missed the point... have you never seen/heard of modified BMWs/Benzs.... they are tons of em, plus the TL is a sports sedan really and truly if you wanted all out luxury you should go to lexus because the suspension could really piss you off. THe point is that if AMG and M are modified Benzs and BMWs, respectively, then why cant you modify the TL?

Most Acuras are of a sporty nature I think...
RSX .. integra.. type Rs speaks for itself,
TSX no type Rs but a big player on the SCCA circuit,
TL ... type S.. best new sports sedan in 99,
RL.. this is the closest thing to all out luxury yet still killer handling with SH-AWD...
RDX.. turbo....SH-AWD.....
MDX.. SH-AWD... 300HP

as a matter of fact every Honda has some sportiness to it.. down to the fit

I think one of the best examples is Kris being competitive with his TL in autoX
Old 03-18-2007, 08:12 PM
W00t

^I think he is just talking about how the crowd views Acura. When most people hear acura, performance isn't the first thing they think about.. but luxury is. But there is a fair amount of people who view it has both luxury and performance, mainly the new TL-S or the RSX-S gets this attention. But I will agree with you that Honda puts some of their sportiness to it, just like that one commercial Honda made saying they put their racing spirit into every car. I had a 98 Toyota Camry and a 99 Honda Accord before my TL, and I could say that the Camry was the slowest and worst handling thing I ever drove, but it was very comfortable. The accord performed way better in every aspect.. just like the TL.

Remember, its not all car in autoX.. its mainly driver. You can tune almost any car to do well in autoX, but again, it comes down to how well the driver can handle the car.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:13 PM
FPR pimpin'

and I believe that they are moving the acura models to SH-AWD (RDX cheap but still SH-AWD) but they kept FWD for so long because that is safer than RWD on ice and stuff and hondas are usually the best all-rounder vehicle. sporty safe useful reliable the only RWD cars are their alll out cars.. however the new TL-S is faster in the slalom than the new G35 so RWD isnt everything...and i think it was faster than the IS350 also i gotta go check it
Old 03-18-2007, 08:15 PM
FPR pimpin'

Originally Posted by PiZauL
Remember, its not all car in autoX.. its mainly driver. You can tune almost any car to do well in autoX, but again, it comes down to how well the driver can handle the car.
very true i was just pointing out that because Kris has factory suspension still i believe.. im pretty sure he said hes lowering it this summer because the 6speed is so much lighter
Old 03-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Banned

My point was that the TL does not have many performance mods out there simply because the demand is not as great as the high performance vehicles people mentioned here. The TL does not have a big crowd looking get the most power out of them. Basically it goes back to Supply and Demand. There is not much demand to buy performance parts for our TLs. Why? Because the majority of TL owners do not desire to modify their cars. The TL was built for comfort, not speed.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Racer

Thumbs up

When was the last time you saw an 80 year old grandpa driving a BMW M3? Or an AMG Mercedes?
probably today? happens a lot around DC... but yeah, sadly the market's not big enough for us to enjoy the variety in performance parts other cars do... it's actually why we have to pay so much for them, too, because only a few companies make quality performance parts for the TL (I'm still gonna keep my fingers crossed for more quality upgrades to become more affordable as companies attempt to start filling the void left by comptech )
Old 03-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Advanced

wow this really turned into a BMW convo lol. but to change to subject does anyone have a clue about tuning the TL. I mean good results.. or bad ones. or like anything new that hasnt been on the forum lol.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Senior Moderator

And id bet the same or more can be said for the BMW crowd.

When was the last time you saw an 80 year old grandpa driving a BMW M3? Or an AMG Mercedes?
All the time.(well 60's and 70's) They are typically the demographic that can afford them. Hell the 2 c6 ZO6's around here are driven by guys that are cotton tops. Not younger kids. Age has nothing to do with this.

Originally Posted by L3wD
I think you missed the point... have you never seen/heard of modified BMWs/Benzs.... they are tons of em, plus the TL is a sports sedan really and truly if you wanted all out luxury you should go to lexus because the suspension could really piss you off. THe point is that if AMG and M are modified Benzs and BMWs, respectively, then why cant you modify the TL?

as a matter of fact every Honda has some sportiness to it.. down to the fit

I think one of the best examples is Kris being competitive with his TL in autoX
Exactly. The point being it doesnt matter what brand it is. There is always going to be some one who wants it modified. Because the demand for the parts isnt like it would be for a civic doesnt mean it shouldnt be.

My point was that the TL does not have many performance mods out there simply because the demand is not as great as the high performance vehicles people mentioned here. The TL does not have a big crowd looking get the most power out of them. Basically it goes back to Supply and Demand. There is not much demand to buy performance parts for our TLs. Why? Because the majority of TL owners do not desire to modify their cars. The TL was built for comfort, not speed.
So because the demand is small we shouldnt try to modify the car? Thats how your coming off. Maybe Tien or H&R should never have made suspension for the car. Maybe no rim manufacturer should make wheels to fit the car. Its the same mentality.

And if the TL was built for comfort it would resemble the lexus ES 300/330 alot more

The TL was a performance sedan that normal people could afford. It cam in many thousands less than the BMW and for 95% of the drivers out there it could do every bit of what the BMW could. Thats what the TL is.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Banned

You misunderstand a lot that I say. For some reason you always have to try and win an argument. In some areas you're right, in some you're not
Old 03-19-2007, 06:26 PM
FPR pimpin'

Originally Posted by joeman892
Hey I have been really getting annoyed with the fact that I cant achieve anymore HP with out supercharing my car. I looked for other threads about this but came up with nothing. I know that the VFAC II is one of the best tuners but there is no proof that it does anything. Also I will be building a custom exhaust system with 2.5" piping and 14832 magnaflows, but i know that will do almost nothing for hp. So now all i am left is waiting on a new higher boost supercharger to come out, possibly from www.motorsports.com. I have a guy that will sell me a tuner and tune my car for 300$ but idk if it would be worth it. Hopefully this thread will help rejuvinate the performance for the people on this forum.
and back to the thread on hand

now what about some head work, shaving it a little, a nice pnp job? I wanna get the CL-S engine early and try and build it, so when im ready to swap, its gonna be a beast... some may laugh and think its impossible but i want 400- 500whp, i know pretty much nothing about this engine and its not an engine that you can read up on in honda tuning but I was gonna hit that wit the accord if my bro didnt crash it so I think that should be attainable on a 6 cylinder.. turbo is gonna be my route
Old 03-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
3.5L upgrade. Search the forums. Lots of power within F/I
Old 03-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Senior Moderator

You misunderstand a lot that I say. For some reason you always have to try and win an argument. In some areas you're right, in some you're not
I didnt misunderstand any thing. And i want trying to win an argument.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
3.5L upgrade. Search the forums. Lots of power within F/I
Old 03-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Advanced

ok im gonna dyno my car. get the HP then im gonna spend, or waste, money on a tune. supposedly the guy im going to is one of the best in this area. Ill Re-dyno and then show both graphs. expect this in 2-3 months someone has to be the guinepig
Old 03-21-2007, 04:22 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Anyone get their head ported and polished? A 3 angle valve job? Why hasn't anyone done those yet? I started a thread precisely about it and no one responded...