New Headlights, Opinions Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Headlights, Opinions Needed!

Whats up boys.. I want to completely revamp my headlights but I don't know much about them. Here's a list of what I want to do:

HID foglights; 4300k or 5000k
Headlight housing painted black
Clear the orange reflectors, but install amber bulbs
Blue Angel Eyes
Replace stock 65 watt high beams with 100 watt if possible?

Any advice with this project? I have no idea what brands there are. As much as I want to go with bright yellow fogs I don't want it to clash with the Angel Eyes.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:35 PM
6MT Someday..

yes, 4300k (factory heads are 4300K)

yes

not sure how you can clear the orange reflector..most just tape the area it covers before painting and it comes out chrome (cleared look)

white angel eyes would prolly look better if you can pull it off

why not just replace the high beams with HIDs? Higher wattage bulbs will put more strain on your wiring. Im planning on converting my highs to HID soon. (I like all my stuff to match..lol)

You can get all the HID stuff from a vendor on here (I believe), or ebay. I got my HID fogs on ebay for ~60 bucks shipped if memory serves me correctly.

Read up on headlight painting in the DIY section. Its not difficult, take your time and follow the DIY carefully.

Good luck!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Sabotage

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blacked out headlights look sick. Check into replacing the amber bulbs with chrome ambers.

A lot of people put 3000k in for fogs. I got mine from HIDextra (hidextra.com), a vendor on here for 60 bucks. I like the way they look, but the front end would be pretty busy with angel eyes and hid fogs on. Check around for some pics.

Just make sure when blacking out your headlights, that you use this diy and get the annoying silver strip on the outside of the lens. Thanks to TequiLa.

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-photograph-gallery-99/my-lengthy-journey-black-out-headlights-my-02-am-6000k-%2Amass-pictures%2A-687076/#post9997220
Old 09-25-2009, 05:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by twistedwedge
yes, 4300k (factory heads are 4300K)

yes

not sure how you can clear the orange reflector..most just tape the area it covers before painting and it comes out chrome (cleared look)

white angel eyes would prolly look better if you can pull it off

why not just replace the high beams with HIDs? Higher wattage bulbs will put more strain on your wiring. Im planning on converting my highs to HID soon. (I like all my stuff to match..lol)

You can get all the HID stuff from a vendor on here (I believe), or ebay. I got my HID fogs on ebay for ~60 bucks shipped if memory serves me correctly.

Read up on headlight painting in the DIY section. Its not difficult, take your time and follow the DIY carefully.

Good luck!
i thought you can just pop out the orange plastic with a screwdriver?? the amber led bulb would just keep it legal, the member who posted the purple angel eyes pics did the same

if i replace my brights with matching HIDs, i dont get how they will be brighter?

i was thinking the blue Angel Eyes because I have blue LEDs inside the car.. can't go wrong with white either!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:40 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cochese
Blacked out headlights look sick. Check into replacing the amber bulbs with chrome ambers.

A lot of people put 3000k in for fogs. I got mine from HIDextra (hidextra.com), a vendor on here for 60 bucks. I like the way they look, but the front end would be pretty busy with angel eyes and hid fogs on. Check around for some pics.

Just make sure when blacking out your headlights, that you use this diy and get the annoying silver strip on the outside of the lens. Thanks to TequiLa.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9997220
I'm pretty good at DIYs.. did my intake and exhaust.. But I'm really busy working 2 jobs, one a nightshift, kickboxing and such and girlfriend on the weekends lol.. i have a friend of a friend who runs a nice garage and is an expert with lighting and electronics and can prob do the whole thing for cheap
Old 09-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Pro

If you want angel eyes your going to need projectors and retrofit them in. I'd suggest s2k projectors.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Sabotage

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Orange reflector just pops out with screwdriver.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 349 Likes on 291 Posts
no need for screw driver.. just pop it out with your finger.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:38 AM
6MT Someday..

Originally Posted by AdamType-S
i thought you can just pop out the orange plastic with a screwdriver?? the amber led bulb would just keep it legal, the member who posted the purple angel eyes pics did the same

if i replace my brights with matching HIDs, i dont get how they will be brighter?

i was thinking the blue Angel Eyes because I have blue LEDs inside the car.. can't go wrong with white either!
Yes, you can pop out the orange deflector with your finger-I thought you wanted a CLEAR reflector, but you want nothing there at all...gotcha

4300K HID brights will put much more usable light on the road in comparison to a standard halogen..plus with a HID kit youre gonna spend less money than bulbs and upgraded wiring, etc. I hate it when I put my brights on and my fogs and headlights basically drown them out..(nasty ol pale yellow light)

But do what you want man..just my on the HIDs
Old 09-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Instructor

what im asking is, if i replace my brights and fogs with HID 4300k, is the intensity going to be all the same?.. so engaging the brights would just put 2 more HIDs of the same intensity on? you know what im saying?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Always a Honda =Þ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if youre asking if u can put two bulbs on one ballast..i dont think thats possible...
Old 09-25-2009, 06:32 PM
6MT Someday..

Originally Posted by AdamType-S
what im asking is, if i replace my brights and fogs with HID 4300k, is the intensity going to be all the same?.. so engaging the brights would just put 2 more HIDs of the same intensity on? you know what im saying?
the HID high beams will definitely be brighter than your factory ones, the HID fog lights will also. They all wont be the same intensity, just the same temperature(look)...follow me?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Instructor

i follow .... i think im just going to do all 4300k's, clear the orange reflectors and paint the housing.. thanks for the info