2003 Acura TL FAQ, HELP, UPGRADES, ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 05:01 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Acura TL FAQ, HELP, UPGRADES, ONLY

Hi guys I'm a first time car owner and buyer of a 2003 Acura TL base model. My friend threw a piston driving in manual up the freeway the other day through the oil pan. And now I need major help from any and everybody to get my tuner back up and running safely and efficiently and also upgrading it and nodding it out and meeting up for sick wicked car meets.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:35 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Step 1, buy a used motor and have it put in.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:32 PM
Resident Smart@ss

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
This guy's flamebait. Ignore.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:23 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ProfessorFunk
lol dude sorry but dammit I gotta start somewhere.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:26 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by horseshoez
Step 1, buy a used motor and have it put in.
lol thanks for the kind reply treply. I have priced a motor and oil pan from All Jap car part for $450. Also I read on here It would be suitable to also buy an $850 AV6 tranny from a 06 or 07 Honda accord as well. But the tranny I have now is still chugging although going out. I can't afford it right away but seems like if I'm gonna get the motor dropped may as well have the tranny put in too.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:28 PM
10th Gear

and you know what if I'm flamebait, you really need to impart all of your wisdom on someone like me who's actually trying to learn a thing or two in his life instead of smoking weed and playing video games jacking off and stealing. I'm begging. Lol. Help a brother out. I'm trying to learn my baby inside and out. I've already bought ch H a manual on it and read it halfway. Kinda dumb but a start lol. I wanna be a DIY mechanic. I gotta stay et somewhere yo.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:12 AM
Resident Smart@ss

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Acceleratiiiin
lol dude sorry but dammit I gotta start somewhere.
You're for real trying to work on your TL? Shit. I'm sorry, man.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
lol thanks for the kind reply treply. I have priced a motor and oil pan from All Jap car part for $450. Also I read on here It would be suitable to also buy an $850 AV6 tranny from a 06 or 07 Honda accord as well. But the tranny I have now is still chugging although going out. I can't afford it right away but seems like if I'm gonna get the motor dropped may as well have the tranny put in too.
FWIW: Wise choice to replace the transmission at the same time. If the $850.00 cost of the AV6 is an issue, there may be a less costly, but more RISKY alternative. If you have access to a local Pick-N-Pull yard, you may be able to locate an AV6, from an 06-07 Accord hit in the side, or rear, for around $120.00, assuming you can pull it yourself. Of course, this source is also based of the ASSUMPTION, that the transmission in the salvage car was operating properly, before the car was damaged. If you don't have the tools, or the skill necessary to pull the transmission yourself, generally, there are independent people, not associated with the yard itself, who will pull a part for you. In my area, these people charge between $70 and $100 to pull a transmission.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:37 PM
10th Gear

You're for real trying to work on your TL? Shit. I'm sorry, man.
lol hell yeah. I worked for the money and bought the car and I love it. I just wanna be able to look at it and know that i had a major hand in its future improvements. So help a brother out
Old 04-06-2018, 12:47 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
lol hell yeah. I worked for the money and bought the car and I love it. I just wanna be able to look at it and know that i had a major hand in its future improvements. So help a brother out
Just a suggestion, members here tend to get a little irritated when they keep answering the same question over and over and over again. This topic has been pretty well hashed out; use the search functionality and you should be able to easily discover all of the information you need regarding which engines will fit your car. In other words, time for you to help yourself out.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:58 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by frankjnjr
FWIW: Wise choice to replace the transmission at the same time. If the $850.00 cost of the AV6 is an issue, there may be a less costly, but more RISKY alternative. If you have access to a local Pick-N-Pull yard, you may be able to locate an AV6, from an 06-07 Accord hit in the side, or rear, for around $120.00, assuming you can pull it yourself. Of course, this source is also based of the ASSUMPTION, that the transmission in the salvage car was operating properly, before the car was damaged. If you don't have the tools, or the skill necessary to pull the transmission yourself, generally, there are independent people, not associated with the yard itself, who will pull a part for you. In my area, these people charge between $70 and $100 to pull a transmission.
Now that's what I'm talking about! Let's keep the info rolling. I may become a decent home mechanic just yet! Lol. But thank you seriously for that. Like I said there's an ALL Japanese used car parts thing a ma jig place here with more then enough parts. The more I go to him he claims to give me better deal. I have noticed in a few really far places there are motors for sale out of the O3 Base TLs and they're really cheap. But ya know. Anyways. I dont wanna mess anything up. The car caught fire under it and all. I dont wanna throw it all back together and it catches flames again or maybe I'm being paranoid. But yeah. I just want a smooth reliable ride with a few exterior upgrades. Also I will go and check more deeply surrounding those specifics. Maybe the $850 one is alright condition ya know. We will see. Also I dont wanna take my stuff to the shop unless I absolutely have to. I know my car ain't moving right now, but I wanna get it going as fast and good as possible. Not entirely cheap either.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:00 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by horseshoez
Just a suggestion, members here tend to get a little irritated when they keep answering the same question over and over and over again. This topic has been pretty well hashed out; use the search functionality and you should be able to easily discover all of the information you need regarding which engines will fit your car. In other words, time for you to help yourself out.
loo yeah I've been scanning around a few of the forums and have managed to scrape up some info. But I'm basically a newb. So I'm just bumping around. I'm really sorry to irritate anyone but I had to do it or I would be even more sorrier. Thank you though I really appreciate it. I also think this is really dope this whole community thing. But like u said help myself out. Yeah. I'm on it.