2000 tl rear driver side door handle

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 08:32 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 tl rear driver side door handle

So i cant open my rear driver side door from the outside. I know its broken but it seems to be a pain to remove. Anyone have any tricks or tips to removing it.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:46 PM
3rd Gear

This is from hchhon on acura world
1) There two screws on the door panel: One screw is hidden under a plastic cap which located at the door opener lever. The other one is below the arm rest (you will see a big hole).

2) Once all the screws are unscrew, remove the door opener lever by pushing hold plastic housing toward the front of the car and than pull it out toward you a little until you can easily take out the hole door opener housing.

3) For the front door panels: Remove the plastic cover that located next to the rear side mirror. Just pull with your finger.

4) Pry around the door panel with your fingers and you should hear a popping sound. That popping sound comes from the plastic rivets. Once the door panel is losed from the plastic rivets, pull the door panel straight up slowly and carefully not to break the electrical wires.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:10 PM
10th Gear

Exterior door handle

Thanks for the step by step but i do know how to do all of that already. My issue is my rear driver side door. The exterior handle is broken so i cant open the door from the outside. The lever comes up but the door wont open. Ive removed the inside panel and can see whats broken. My issue is i cant seem to reach the bolt to remove the entire exterior handle.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:55 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Memolo
Thanks for the step by step but i do know how to do all of that already. My issue is my rear driver side door. The exterior handle is broken so i cant open the door from the outside. The lever comes up but the door wont open. Ive removed the inside panel and can see whats broken. My issue is i cant seem to reach the bolt to remove the entire exterior handle.
there is a great write up on replacement of door handle in the DIY section with lots of pics.