xenon question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 11:37 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question xenon question...

I just my tls wednsday and i've been noticing something weird about the xenons. When i first turn them on at night they're really blue, but then after a minute or so they fade to bright white. Is that normal? The blue looks so phat at first. My friends bmw's xenons are blue all the time, but that could be because it has a different type of xenon. Could someone fill me in here? Thanks.
Old 08-19-2001, 11:47 AM
Ex TL-S owner

Re: xenon question...

Originally posted by slider
I just my tls wednsday and i've been noticing something weird about the xenons. When i first turn them on at night they're really blue, but then after a minute or so they fade to bright white. Is that normal? The blue looks so phat at first. My friends bmw's xenons are blue all the time, but that could be because it has a different type of xenon. Could someone fill me in here? Thanks.
Yah, I agree. It looks awesome when it first charges up. It's perfectly normal that the blue color looks like it's fading. But, if you look at it far away, you can easily tell that we have XENONS.
Old 08-19-2001, 05:37 PM
...and then there was One

They start out blue, then when the gasses heat up, it whitens. If you looked at yours and your friends from a distance, after they have been on the same amount of time, they would look similar.
I'm glad ours aren't blue blue. I don't want to look like some ricer that you can tell has cheap replacement bulbs.
Old 08-19-2001, 07:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
blue start...

I agree -- when it starts up, it's amazingly blue but when you let them run, they turn white. Personally, I think blue is neat but practically speaking, the true 'white' allows for clearer viewing of images. Xenons are easily distinguishable versus the regular halogens. I like the way the look from the outside as well as when I'm driving.

Just my $0.02.
- derrick