WTF? Thank you mod's!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 10:14 AM
jps
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WTF? Thank you mod's!

I have been around here awhile, and I have seen a few threads locked or deleted. In every case there was good reason for those actions.

When a thread degenerates to name calling and threats, or is a redundent offering on an already closed topic it should be closed.

These mod's here are just trying to maintain a decent environment, and deserve our thanks.

So, THANKS!
Old 01-12-2002, 10:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
You're welcome, its nice to hear a word of Thanks every now and then even though thats not why I do this.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can understand locking threads but I think deleting them is pretty ghey. People should be able to at least read what the thread was about....
Old 01-12-2002, 12:16 PM
Grand Turismo

I agree

I think mods are to strict. It's almost like we live in Disneyland or something, any bad comments and you will be scolded. BAD MICKEY!

:p
Old 01-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Banned

Re: I agree

Originally posted by BakedWafer
I think mods are to strict. It's almost like we live in Disneyland or something, any bad comments and you will be scolded. BAD MICKEY!

:p
No, Disneyland is more like, you fock up and you get kicked out of the park
Old 01-12-2002, 02:00 PM
Grand Turismo

Re: Re: I agree

Originally posted by bioyuki

No, Disneyland is more like, you fock up and you get kicked out of the park
Your telling me, Disney anal cavity searches are rough, I felt like I was crapping rocks for a month.
Old 01-12-2002, 05:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by bioyuki
I can understand locking threads but I think deleting them is pretty ghey. People should be able to at least read what the thread was about....
Not if they are filled with profanities and personal attacks. They cant stay up. Why should I spend 10 minutes editing and then locking a thread when the moron who started is just going to start another one a few seconds later???

Nope I'll just delete the thread in those kinds of cases for those kinds of people. In other threads I'll put in the time and effort to edit them and then delete them, but its unfair to be criticz=ized fro deleting them when the people who were asking ay not even know what they were about and what all the threads stated in teh first place. If it was ok it would have just been locked, but if it goes too far, then it gets deleted. Which is purely a subjective thing.

Idiotic thread like this deserve to be just deleted, but I took another course instead this time.
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=30669
Old 01-12-2002, 06:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have respect for the mods on this forum, i think Mr hyde does great work on seeing which posts should stay and which to delete or lock.. its hard somtimes to lay the rule down, and he does it well..

We cant let this board turn into $hit,and it lasted this long with many members, so someone has to be doing somthing rite.
Old 01-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Senior Moderator

I'll take quality over quantity anyday. Dont have to worry about Neutered anymore. He had his chance, actually several, but he blew it.

Sorry for the hijacking of the thread JPS
Old 01-12-2002, 07:26 PM
jps
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks again Mr. Hyde! I like the thread much more now.
Old 01-12-2002, 07:51 PM
Iconoclast

Originally posted by Mr Hyde
but I took another course instead this time.

Ahhh, is that what happened to my thread?

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...9&goto=newpost

I was asking questions about an air intake that was advertised on ebay, and thought maybe it was just a database error. But then I saw a post on acura-cl.com referencing the deletion of a post becasue it was advertising competing products sold there. Is that what happened to my thread?

No problem, just curious

Thanks
Old 01-12-2002, 08:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Not sure what post you are refering to FLL, dont recall a post like that
Old 01-14-2002, 12:50 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Mr Hyde

Not if they are filled with profanities and personal attacks. They cant stay up.

I agree that profanities should not be allowed. Please explain to me why "WTF?" and "f**K" are not profanities. Everyone knows what those mean. I know when I come across WTF?(probably the most popular phrase used on this forum) I immediately read it as what the fu*K? Just as I read ABS as antilock braking system and CD as compact disc.

So if you really want to keep this forum clean you should disallow those. Just my opinion.

If not, then I can say you are a fu*king a**shole and wtf are you doing on here as a moderator. Of course I don't really mean that. Just trying to make a point.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:19 AM
Banned

Steveb:
"I agree that profanities should not be allowed. Please explain to me why "WTF?" and "f**K" are not profanities. Everyone knows what those mean. I know when I come across WTF?(probably the most popular phrase used on this forum) I immediately read it as what the fu*K? Just as I read ABS as antilock braking system and CD as compact disc.

So if you really want to keep this forum clean you should disallow those. Just my opinion. "

Okay candypants You've just outlawed over half the posts here...I think profanity isn't allowed as in f*ck you @sshole [to a member]...versus F*CK someone hit my car...or WTF is wrong with my dealership etc...or you could go crying to mommy

Austin519
Old 01-14-2002, 10:28 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 642 Likes on 284 Posts
Steveb, I think you are being a little too strict in your definitions...

it's much more like Austin519 says, if they are being used in reference to another member, then it's got to go, but if it's merely venting about something unfortunate that happened to them, I see no problem with it, and I'm quite sure 95% of the members and mods will agree with that.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:59 AM
Grand Turismo

I CAN FEEL IT....

Use the force, this thread is locked. If you swear it will come.
Old 01-14-2002, 12:07 PM

I never cursed or personally attacked anyone and the post this post is referring to is did not have either, but I have had several closed and two removed by making negative comments towards our cars. They are as their name implies a "moderator" and he or she has the power to do as he or she pleases. If we don't like it we can leave the board. I will say that I'm suprised I was not banned from this site. I think it was because I did not curse or personally attack any one. I might add that I was attacked by several other members which may have been the reason the threads were closed or removed, not sure. I did ask a Moderater to contact me via email for an explanation but no one ever did so I can only guess as to why they closed or removed them.

Shane

Old 01-14-2002, 03:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Dont know who Hammerton is trying to kid, but he did flame other member/s here, and after being asked to stop not only did you ignore the request and continue flaming away, you started spamming the board asking why the thread was deleted, and it was 10x worse in TL Discussion. You ignored requests by a mod there to stop spamming the board and after he shut down all your threads he requested you be banned because you still ignored his requests to stop spamming the board.
After seeing that behavior he definitely got my support.

Steve I was also referring to profanities and flames directed at other members although I dont really like all the WTF posts either.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:15 PM

I'm confused, I never flamed anyone. Look at the posts. As a matter of fact I am supporting your decisions to remove and close my posts in this thread. I was was not banned and by your post you seem to think I was. What gives?

Shane

Old 01-14-2002, 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Hammerton
I'm confused, I never flamed anyone. Look at the posts. As a matter of fact I am supporting your decisions to remove and close my posts in this thread. I was was not banned and by your post you seem to think I was. What gives?

Shane
don't worry, they have some power trips around here
Old 01-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Astroboy
Steveb, I think you are being a little too strict in your definitions...

it's much more like Austin519 says, if they are being used in reference to another member, then it's got to go, but if it's merely venting about something unfortunate that happened to them, I see no problem with it, and I'm quite sure 95% of the members and mods will agree with that.
So it's okay for me to say some ****ing kid through a rock at my car and damaged the paint?
Old 01-14-2002, 06:09 PM
Drifting

Who cares if you use profanity? It doesn't matter. The only thing that keep members from typing out the actual word is the filter that is on. I don't mind if you cuss. It is only when you attack another member that the post will be deleted. Then if the thread goes bad then the entire thread will be deleted or locked.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:11 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Austin519
Steveb:

Okay candypants You've just outlawed over half the posts here...I think profanity isn't allowed as in f*ck you @sshole [to a member]...versus F*CK someone hit my car...or WTF is wrong with my dealership etc...or you could go crying to mommy

Austin519
Hey I have no problem with profanity. I was just trying to make a point. However, I do think WTF is very redundant on here.

If you think profanity is okay as long as it's not directed at a member, then how come you are using asterisks above?
Old 01-14-2002, 06:13 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Steveb

If you think profanity is okay as long as it's not directed at a member, then how come you are using asterisks above?
See my post above. There is a filter.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:16 PM
Banned

I have been neutered
Old 01-14-2002, 08:39 PM
Banned

steveb:
"If you think profanity is okay as long as it's not directed at a member, then how come you are using asterisks above?"

Because normally I don't curse...in fact the furthest I usually go is fock and arse (spelled exactly that way). But I could care less really...

Soundspeed:
Exactly.

Hammerton:
You're annoying the crap out of everyone...and posting threads just to be annoying...you've gotten your point across to the 1-2 people that cared...so let it rest and be quiet...and trying to sound formal and controlled yet posting like 15 threads is a bit obvious eh?

Austin519
Old 01-14-2002, 09:01 PM
Drifting

So I am thinking now that everything that needed to be said has been said. So, back to the TLS...