Woohoo! Stupid noises/squeaks fixed...well sorta

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 04:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woohoo! Stupid noises/squeaks fixed...well sorta

Man...I took the car in today...and sat for another 3 hours while they drove it around. I had a total of three noises...the first being the trunk latch (fixed), the second being a rear area squeak (not fixed), the third being a dash fix (only appears sometimes, not fixed). The trunk latch was by far the worst, and man it's nice to have that gone.

I found another noise causer...TIM'S LICENSE PLATE FRAME! Nothing bad to Tim, but those things are pretty flimsy...that coupled with the fact that 02 TLS's don't have the lower 2 screw holes worked out to be a bad situation. So I went to NAPA Autoparts and got a pair of nylong screws and screwed the frame into the license plate and clipped off the end of the screw....no more noise there!

Funny thing happened when I came home (so funny I almost cried in anguish)...I swear on this, I pull out of the Acura place...go over a bump, and I hear no less than 7 individual squeaks, 6 from the dash! I'm on the phone, so I say hold on, put the phone down, and then start beating on the dash with my fists Got rid of all of them!!! Yaay...now all I have to worry about is that squeak in the back that I hear normally when my car body flexes, aka when my right rear whell goes over a bump that my left one doesn't. Anybody know what it is? Because I checked the trunk stabilizer bars under the sub and that ain't it.

Austin519
p.s. - squeaks were so bad it felt like a new car when they fixed that trunk rattle!
Old 02-23-2002, 11:40 AM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, nothing like fixing stuff with brute force..:p

Good luck with the other squeaks
Old 02-23-2002, 11:46 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Woohoo! Stupid noises/squeaks fixed...well sorta

Originally posted by Austin519
Because I checked the trunk stabilizer bars under the sub and that ain't it.
Those are called tension/torshion (sp?) bars I believe. As for body flex....hell...just add that to your mod list and get a modified rear tie-bar (DC sports is all that I'm aware of). No more flex.
Old 02-23-2002, 12:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

So I went to NAPA Autoparts and got a pair of nylong screws and screwed the frame into the license plate and clipped off the end of the screw....no more noise there!

Austin519
p.s. - squeaks were so bad it felt like a new car when they fixed that trunk rattle!
My goodness Austin, I would have thought you did that months ago when we had thread about it.

P.S. Did ya put those little rubber thingy's behind the nylon bolt&nut to prevent scratching the paint behind the license plate
Old 02-24-2002, 03:25 AM
Banned

fahoumh:
Yeah it always seems to work with my car

edgalang:
Rear tie bar eh? Hmm...where the hell does that go?

TUFF GONG:
A combination of laziness and NAPA not having them last time stopped me. I got the screws that are smooth on the head, and I screwed them in backwards (the nut on the outside) so it should be fine . But no, I didn't buy the rubber condoms for the screws heh...

Austin519
Old 02-25-2002, 01:35 AM
Advanced

Yaay...now all I have to worry about is that squeak in the back that I hear normally when my car body flexes, aka when my right rear whell goes over a bump that my left one doesn't. Anybody know what it is? Because I checked the trunk stabilizer bars under the sub and that ain't it.

Austin519

I think those squeaks are coming from your sun roof! I had that problem and the dealer fixed it. Try flexing your car's body but this time with either the sun roof open or tilt. The squeak should disappear. If not, then it's something else...good luck!
Old 02-25-2002, 01:49 AM
Banned

Davids-TLS:
I appreciate the advice...I'll check it out next time I get in the car! Thanks

Austin519