Will Supercharger likely to give us a boost of 1 sec to 60 and 1/4?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 05:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Supercharger likely to give us a boost of 1 sec to 60 and 1/4?

so that means regular tl type S in the 6.2...to 5.2? 0-60?
and 13s in 1/4??

and what about with headers/i/e, res, etc.
how fast will that make it?

city
Old 12-27-2001, 05:40 PM
Instructor

Wink

Sure the SC will drop your 0-60 by a second. And with the headers, 11 second quarters should be no problem!)
Old 12-27-2001, 05:57 PM
Banned

Originally posted by BLUBYU
Sure the SC will drop your 0-60 by a second. And with the headers, 11 second quarters should be no problem!)

I know you are joking!!

I say with SC, res, I/H/E you will get a low 13s ..... I dont think the SC will give as much as everyone thinks.
Old 12-27-2001, 06:07 PM
Racer

You are kidding.... SC will mos likely net 65 WHP. So, You would be lucky to do below 14 sec mark at 105-110 MPH,

For reference a Z06 will do 12.4s at 125 MPH!!!
Old 12-27-2001, 06:24 PM
Burning Brakes

i believe with supercharger, header, intake, exhaust, res, filter, etc...we can reach low 13s.quarter mile....0-60 in 5 sec mark or less

city
Old 12-28-2001, 12:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by city001
i believe with supercharger, header, intake, exhaust, res, filter, etc...we can reach low 13s.quarter mile....0-60 in 5 sec mark or less

city
You guys are absolutely nuts. You're being way too optimistic, you're likely to have serious traction issues like the GTP does down low in the power band and certainly in 1st gear w/ all your launches, negating most of the benefit of forced induction. Secondly, I hope all you future S/C TL-S-ers have four of five trannies in the trunk for the four of five runs you'll make at the drag strip. Oh, and make sure you bring your Acura Mechanic buddy along too .. w/ his Snap-on tool-kit.
Old 12-28-2001, 01:47 AM
Advanced

Question

Is this a hypothetical or are you seriously thinking about putting in a supercharger on a TL-S? I guess you can never have too much power.
Old 12-28-2001, 06:48 AM
Advanced

To Much Crack Smoking On This Forum

The Tl-s will never ever go 11 sec in the 1/4 and be street drivable. Do you guys have any idea how much power it takes on a lighter rear wheel drive car to do 11's? About 425 RWHP on stock Vette tires will just barely get you into the 11's. And to take a Full second of a 0-60 time....HUGE difference. I don't see it with just an addtional 75-100 HP.

I swear the worst thing to ever happen to the auto industry was that completely DUMBASS movie "The Fast and the Furious" It makes everyone beleive that 10 sec cars are common place!!! The most misleasding bunch of crap on the market. Without a doubt one of the WORST and inacurate movies EVER produced!
Old 12-28-2001, 10:01 AM
Not a Blowhole

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
I did some raw figuring, and it would take 100 fwHP oto drop the accelration ET as you request. There is no way a "mild" SC upgrade without upgraded internal parts (and reduced compression) coulod produce that with any chance of longevity, assuming the tranny ocould take such additional grunt, which is inlikely.

In short, dream on!
Old 12-28-2001, 01:02 PM
Safety Car

Re: To Much Crack Smoking On This Forum

Originally posted by Nitro-C5
The Tl-s will never ever go 11 sec in the 1/4 and be street drivable. Do you guys have any idea how much power it takes on a lighter rear wheel drive car to do 11's? About 425 RWHP on stock Vette tires will just barely get you into the 11's. And to take a Full second of a 0-60 time....HUGE difference. I don't see it with just an addtional 75-100 HP.

I swear the worst thing to ever happen to the auto industry was that completely DUMBASS movie "The Fast and the Furious" It makes everyone beleive that 10 sec cars are common place!!! The most misleasding bunch of crap on the market. Without a doubt one of the WORST and inacurate movies EVER produced!

You're the one in the dark, son. That was "sarcasm" .. even my mother knows a TL-S cannot pull an 11 second 1/4-mile unless it had a GE Turbine engine strapped to the back (and that's INCLUDING a proper launch).

You're very naive to think that movie affected the "auto industry" as much as you want to believe. The movie never intended to nor effectively implied or promoted the fact that 10 second cars are "commonplace." Perhaps you're talking about the confused younger generations that believe adding the Altezza taillights and Japanese stickers to their Civics boosts hp by anywhere from 50 to 100 hp -- they may be more prone to adopting such views. You should stick to movies like "Gone in 60 seconds," or "Herbie Goes Bananas..." That seems like it's more believable and more realistic. Good luck, and please don't get too much butter on your pants.

Old 12-28-2001, 02:58 PM
Banned

I dont know what you are talking about, cuz after i saw fast and the furious... i was in the low 11s!!!
Old 12-28-2001, 03:41 PM
Advanced

Dear Peter...

First of all you should never call anyone "son"...I know that its cool and all for some people to talk tough over the internet, kinda makes ya feel like a big guy dosen't it? But when you honestly have no idea who you talking to it just makes you look silly. With that said, i can honestly say there are plenty of people on this forum and others who beleive that the TL-S will do 11 quarters. I never said that it "couldn't" do them, I said that it wouldn't be streetable if it did. I love the TL-S, thus the reason I bought one, however I also like to keep it real. This includes intelligent discusions on what are the cars capabilities. I don't know a hole lot about this car yet, but i have a great idea of its limitations. You said that he was not asking a serious question, but if you read through the hole thread then you will realize that others besides me thought it was a serious question.

BTW, your wrong about the movie it has warped more minds then you think. If you don't believe me then start reading some "Kill" sections in just about any car forum you go to. This includes American Cars as well and it effects people of all ages!
Old 12-29-2001, 04:17 PM
Safety Car

Re: Dear Peter...

Originally posted by Nitro-C5
First of all you should never call anyone "son"...I know that its cool and all for some people to talk tough over the internet, kinda makes ya feel like a big guy dosen't it? But when you honestly have no idea who you talking to it just makes you look silly. With that said, i can honestly say there are plenty of people on this forum and others who beleive that the TL-S will do 11 quarters. I never said that it "couldn't" do them, I said that it wouldn't be streetable if it did. I love the TL-S, thus the reason I bought one, however I also like to keep it real. This includes intelligent discusions on what are the cars capabilities. I don't know a hole lot about this car yet, but i have a great idea of its limitations. You said that he was not asking a serious question, but if you read through the hole thread then you will realize that others besides me thought it was a serious question.

BTW, your wrong about the movie it has warped more minds then you think. If you don't believe me then start reading some "Kill" sections in just about any car forum you go to. This includes American Cars as well and it effects people of all ages!
LOL!

I'm not going to bother responding to the 11 second TL-S issue, it's definitely a moot point. Perhaps you recently engaged in forum discussion, perhaps not, I don't know, and frankly I don't care But "kill" sections have existed since the dawn of many popular foreign and domestic car forums, don't kid yourself into believing that this isn't the case. Since cars existed, people wanted to race them, and as a consequence there have been informed drivers/racers, and uninformed drivers/racers. If your opinion on the jaded youth/middle-aged crowds of America (ala F&F) persists... enjoy your opinion, you have a right to it, I disagree completely. This country has greater, much more important issues to haggle with.

Don't bother condescending me, or anyone else on this board again -- trust me, this internet forum discussion is purely for fun, information, and usually a great way to kill some time on the weekends. You know what makes ME feel tough, and a feel like a "big guy?" Putting food on the table everyday, taking care of my family, and working hard at my job each and every day, and providing for my parents. You are welcome to search the TL-S post archive for my "tough guy" posts .. you'll find none. Rather you'll find very introspective and "intelligent" discussions, as you put it, about every type of automobile. Now, have a nice day, and enjoying surfing the internet!
Old 12-29-2001, 04:42 PM

Red face

Of course people BELEIVE the TL-s will do 11 sec 1/4, they BELIEVE! It is not and will NEVER be possible. Not for the fact it can't be done (it'll be tough) but the people with enough money to invest into this kind of work have absolutely NO INTEREST in making an 11 sec TL.

I guess these are the same people who want RWD/AWD/18" factory wheels, HID high beams, etc etc on the 2003 TL?

REALITY CHECK PLEASE!

If anything, the current Honda rice trend influenced the makers of the Fast and Furious, not the other way around.

To this day the big block boys still run the streets. I KNOW. Vette's, Stangs, Camero's, Impala's etc.
Old 12-29-2001, 08:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Please SickLex, you are too much. I dont think anyone here thinks the TL-S can run the quarter in 11 secs. I think you need a reality check.
Old 12-29-2001, 10:54 PM

Lightbulb Tell Nitro c-5 that.

Hey reality check is MY catch phrase!
Old 12-29-2001, 11:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Mr Hyde
Please SickLex, you are too much. I dont think anyone here thinks the TL-S can run the quarter in 11 secs. I think you need a reality check.
geez.....reality check in progress...who say there cant be a tl that runs 11s...with money ANYTHING is possible...
Old 12-30-2001, 02:05 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by asiankidd

geez.....reality check in progress...who say there cant be a tl that runs 11s...with money ANYTHING is possible...
I think we're all talking about realistic mods to the TL-S that would allow us to still call it a "TL-S" after the day was over. If you're talking about boring out the engine, NOS, new tranny, aftermarket ECU and blah blah .. I ain't calling that a TL-S .. I'm calling that your weekend project ride. But honeslty, if you're investing that type of money into your TL-S to make it run the 1/4 in 11 seconds .. who's the REAL winner here?
Old 12-30-2001, 03:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by PeterUbers

You guys are absolutely nuts. You're being way too optimistic, you're likely to have serious traction issues like the GTP does down low in the power band and certainly in 1st gear w/ all your launches, negating most of the benefit of forced induction. Secondly, I hope all you future S/C TL-S-ers have four of five trannies in the trunk for the four of five runs you'll make at the drag strip. Oh, and make sure you bring your Acura Mechanic buddy along too .. w/ his Snap-on tool-kit.
If the tranny goes without the SC then it is obviously due to some flaw or contaminated fluid. If your tranny hasn't gone then adding the sc shouldn't help it go any faster provided you dont neutral drop or shift poorly. Comptech says redline fluid in the tranny but I want to know what Honda thinks of that?
Old 12-31-2001, 10:51 AM
Instructor

Wink

Guys, I apologize for the sarcasm, I was only kidding about the 11 second qtr comment. Although I guess like previously stated it could be done. I f someone who had more $ then sense REALLY wanted to try.
Old 12-31-2001, 12:35 PM
Comptech Freak

haha...this is a big joke...

i never heard of any FWD cars can do it in 11sec neither faster than 5.5 sec (cars on the street, not on the track)

TL-S is already one of the fastest FWD cars...so stop dreaming

even the 3.9 sec Corvette Z06 can't do it...believe the facts man...