Old 12-11-2003, 03:09 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why I still love my 03

1 1/2 years and 12,000 miles and no REAL problems;

I still love to look at it ;

It's silver (and in rainy Seattle that means a lot!);

Power, power, power;

Ergonomics and Honda engineering: The seats are so comfortable, placement of buttons, simplicity of use, etc., etc. Other things that consist of mostly transparent technology, we often forget about;

Dealer service: Has just been great (Acura of Bellevue);

I still don't see THAT many TL-S models;

The front fascia or grille assembly. I've always loved the way the front of the car looks. (still my favorite part). Think the front of the 03 looks nicer than the 04 ;

It will hold its value better than most;

I still look for excuses to get into the car and drive (since my commute is so short). Pretty good after a year plus of ownership.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:55 PM
Intermediate

Finally someone makes a "happy" post. Seems there are a lot of negative feedback about the TL. You don't hear many good feedbacks about the car. I love mine and have had no problems at all. I enjoy my TL too.....
Old 12-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Comptech Freak

the new 04 TL's tranny is tuned for a milder acceleration off the line even with the drive-by wire throttle, so the 02-03 TL-S eventually feel faster off the line.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:47 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love my '03 .. I can name a million things on how my '03 TL-S is better than my '99 TL-P. Just today, had nothing to do...got outta finals early so I decided to drive up to Gurnee Mills. Well, I'm cruising on 294 N and I'm going about 60mph in the middle lane (3 lanes across) .. and I see this 3 series coming up on my hard..so I decide to play Tossed my cigarette, turned off the A/C, VSA, threw it into SS (it's in 4th), downshift to 3rd and floor it..while cutting the 3 series off going into the left lane. I get in front of the 3 series and I speed up a little bit so he can get to the right of me (We're going about 75-80). As soon as he is able to get into the lane next to me (middle lane) .. he cuts and we both gun it. I look over and see it's some 16-17 yr. old kid. He looked really young..anyhow, we get up to 100 and I start to pull on him as I shift into 5th. I start to slowly pull away (about half a car length) I brought it all the way up to 110 before I shut down. I turn on my hazards..he zooms by (ricer fly-by ) and I see it was a 323ci (auto). I was very impressed with my TL-S considering I had 2 other people in the car and he was alone (my friend sitting shot-gun was about 180-195 and the person sitting in back was about 160.) I personally don't like the '04 TL's mainly because of the space and the exterior. Maybe the '05s will grow on me I still think the body style of the 2nd gen's will always be the best
Old 12-12-2003, 09:13 AM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Why I still love my 03

[i]Dealer service: Has just been great (Acura of Bellevue);
[/B]
I ordered my All Season Floor Mats from these guys on the Internet and they had the best price of anyone. About $42 with shipping. It did take awile because I live in Cincinnati and they coming via Ground UPS.

A couple days ago I couldn't believe my eyes when an Olds Alero (170hp) was keeping up with me with an early 20's male at the wheel. I had half a mind to turn him in because he had U.S. Government plates (#G12-42567) but my biggest concern was how could this happen. I later remembered that while using the Full Auto Climate Control the A/C compressor is engaged. Granted he had a head of steam all ready and I was merging on to the highway but that something that just flabbergasted me. Then again I had VSA on and was in AT mode (not SS).

Turned off the Climate Control and all the power was back. I should go looking for him again next Sunday in the same place. I think the car is from an Army recruiting station nearby.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Why I still love my 03

Originally posted by Tom Blasing
I ordered my All Season Floor Mats from these guys on the Internet and they had the best price of anyone. About $42 with shipping. It did take awile because I live in Cincinnati and they coming via Ground UPS.

A couple days ago I couldn't believe my eyes when an Olds Alero (170hp) was keeping up with me with an early 20's male at the wheel. I had half a mind to turn him in because he had U.S. Government plates (#G12-42567) but my biggest concern was how could this happen. I later remembered that while using the Full Auto Climate Control the A/C compressor is engaged. Granted he had a head of steam all ready and I was merging on to the highway but that something that just flabbergasted me. Then again I had VSA on and was in AT mode (not SS).

Turned off the Climate Control and all the power was back. I should go looking for him again next Sunday in the same place. I think the car is from an Army recruiting station nearby.
In any heavy acceleration, the A/C Compressor should be disengaged automatically. As soon as the car detects that power is being lost to the A/C system, it will turn off the A/C compressor temporarily to ignite some of that extra power. So whether you drive with A/C on or off, it makes no difference. I personally just drive with the A/C set to off, to save gas.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:20 AM
Instructor

Bought my TL-S last summer and just love it. Have no issues.
Discovered this site after I bought . But must say that if I had
discovered it while I was making my decision , I might not
have chosen my TL-S after reading all the neg. posts.
Especially about the tranny thing. But sitting here at this
moment I have no regrets after having grown to love the car.
Have 7 yr. 130.000 kilometre warranty to take care of any
trans. problems that may come up.
Enjoy reading all the posts and have learned a lot from
you guys about care and maint. of our beloved car.
Cheers.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Advanced

I rarely ever see any green Tls's. It seems I have the only one around. I love it. The color is a real sleeper. I've had no problems other than a squeaky sunroof. I love it. I had the chance to drive the 04' TL and quickly noticed how soft it was. I'll keep mine for awhile. Not a fan of the exhaust exits either, looks cheap. Give me big round outlets anyday.