Why do Acura dealers suck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Why do Acura dealers suck?

Originally posted by acuraguynj

still think it's the model line up, since the cars range from $20K to $50K in price, where as BMW, MB and Lexus range from $30K to $100K and up. When people spend that much money, they get better service. Money does talk.
Price has nothing to do with it...one typically gets much better service from a store like JC Penny etc. You're not spending thousands there are you??
Old 08-13-2001, 04:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts
The same theory does hold for retail department stores. JC Penney may offer satisfactory service, but it's not as good as Macy's, Nordstrom's, or Sak's. Honda offers acceptable service, but it's not as good as Acura, Mercedes, or Bentley. To some extent when it comes to customer service, you DO get what you pay for.
Old 08-13-2001, 05:16 PM
Burning Brakes

I've had an Infiniti and a M-B. The Acura dealer I use provides comparable service levels to both. My impressions:

Acura = free loaner car, fairly easy to schedule an appointment, pretty thorough (so far).

M-B = no loaner, impossible to get an appointment (45 days for a wheel alignment), amazingly thorough (they found and repaired problems I didn't know I had).

Infiniti = free loaner, easy to get an appointment, very liberable about what's covered (I had my tires replaced twice due to irregular wear), only so-so on throroughness (lot's of second attempts).

I found the attitude at all three to be professional and very customer oriented.
Old 08-13-2001, 10:41 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Iceman
The same theory does hold for retail department stores. JC Penney may offer satisfactory service, but it's not as good as Macy's, Nordstrom's, or Sak's. Honda offers acceptable service, but it's not as good as Acura, Mercedes, or Bentley. To some extent when it comes to customer service, you DO get what you pay for.
Actually we do get better service at JCP than at Nordstroms

I think service is an attitude. It is the responsibility of the car maker to weed out all the selfish good-for-nothing dealers and reward the humble and service-oriented ones with better deals and priority supply of hot models like the MDX.
Old 08-14-2001, 06:56 AM
FTM
Instructor

I have not had any problems with my dealership as of yet
I was just looking at one of the areas LEXUS dealers commercial.
They said they pick up the car if it needs service & you are at work & drop it back off when done.
They also said they have 40 new loaner cars of all LEXUS models.
All ACURA dealers should maintain a fleet of ACURA cars for its owners. The CL & RL models don't sell that well so why not have a fleet of them at the dealerships. They could service & maintain the cars for 3yrs. The dealership would have a fleet according to the size of the the dealership.
Old 08-14-2001, 08:02 AM
Intermediate

I purchased my TL S from Falconi's Acura in Las Vegas and have had to utilize their service department once. The inspection port on the transmission was not installed correctly from the factory...( I noticed a trans leak one day when I was washing the car). I called my salesman since it was after service hours. He gave me the name of a service advisor and said to bring it in the next morning. They took care of my car right away and even tried to put me in a loaner car even though all the loaner cars were promised out for the day. They took me to work in the dealership courtesy van.

The service department did a complete check and maintenance service on the transmission and to top it off they were done before noon. Now, this was with no appointment.

Even with no Acura competition in Las Vegas, Falconi's recognizes the importance of their customers. I feel fortunate to have had a great experience with them.
Old 08-14-2001, 10:11 AM
Banned

OK, since I started this rant, I feel it is my duty to provide an update.

One of my biggest complaints was the difficulty in getting an appointment. I had to make the initial appt. about 2 weeks in advance, and then I had to reschedule and it was another 10 days. Anyway, I talked to the service rep, and he apologized for the difficulty in scheduling appointments. He said it was because of the floods. When the flooding happened, they stopped taking appointments for regular maintenance so they could deal with flooded vehicles. That created a backlog of people needing to get their car serviced, which they are just now starting to get caught up on.

I finally got my car in for the 3750 mile service yesterday (at 5000 miles), and the experience was very good. They had a loaner car ready for me, even though I didn't request one for this visit. The loaner was an '01 TL with only 4800 miles on it - much better than the crappy Integra with the chain-smoking package that my previous dealer had given me. And, they actually fixed my center console problem this time, so I am a happy camper.

So, overall, the service experience was much better this time around, and I thought it was only fair that I mention that.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:28 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by wayneg
Good Dealer Service is a state of mind. It has to start with an Owner who cares and wants to do the right thing. It can cost extra to provide, but that money is recouped over time in increased sales. I have been a Service Manager/Director for Caddy, Lexus, Toyota,Chevrolet and other GM products and in each case was hired to improve service. I believe that service should be easy, non-confrontational and maybe even a litte fun. It takes a while to instill that philosphy in Service writers and personnel, but it can be done! Each customer is a person with unique traits and needs as is each member of the Service Department. All we really want is the problems fixed and the customer happy. That can be hard at times, but if both sides approach the issue from a feeling of working together, and not against each other- great things happen.
When you come to our store, its not us against you- its you and us together taking care of whatever is needed. I always train my people to reverse the roles- try to feel how the customer feels and do what you would want done. Never try to find blame- just cures! It doesn't matter why there is a problem- just fix it! Our customers realaize that and act the same way. Believe me- it makes a difference! If people act civil, ther is always a way to satisfy everybody.
Sorry about the length- I could teach a course in this- but it is near and dear to my heart.
Totally agree with you.
I am talking about issues under warranty and within reasons, but they just don't get it. I like their cars, but "Acura = Bad Service". If you can deal with their service, then get acura. If not, stay away from Acura, they are bad. They can smell your shit even you didn't fart. Who knows why they want to smell if you ask me. I guess just like Bad Service....
Old 06-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by nickchop
Great thread! What a story as I can relate, I have a pregnant wife. For the record, I think my Acura dealership has been great (Orange Park Acura). My previous points are, I don't need extra perks. Just fix my car, and I'll be on my way. If you want extra perks with smiling service people buy an inferior I-30 for the same price. But, beware of the $60 oil changes, $400 a/c checks, $120 batteries, etc. (these are real charges that I have had with an I-30).

Costs for maintenance and Customer service are two different things. Everybody needs to make a living, if you don't feel the price is right, you can check at other places. Customer sevice is the sevice provide that meets customer satisfaction. Let's take real example that was all captured on tape, a customer has no problem paying for $400 a/c checks. After all the works are done, he spotted a fender being damaged and they refused to fix it. That is called BAD Customer Service.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The only thing more irritating than bad Acura dealers are idiots who revive multiple, ancient threads just to rag on a dealer.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why do Acura dealers suck?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They all don't...Your Dealer does!!