Who returned their Injen CAI to Injen?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 11:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who returned their Injen CAI to Injen?

I cannot find the post for the life of me. Someone here had an Injen CAI on their Type S and sent it back to Injen in exchange for a new pipe with the upper vacuum fitting angled downward so it didn't hit the underhood insulation.

Please speak up.. got a few quick questions for you.

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2002, 11:38 AM
Racer

I did !!!

The first one had it front nipple pointed so high, it was rubbing the hood the the front hose get slpliced too often, I had to send it back. I got a new pipe ( the nipple is correcly pointing lower)... no problem whatsoever.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply!

Did you call them or e-mail them on your initial contact? How long did they take to reply? Did they put up a fight or did they agree to replace it without a problem?

Also... did they offer to ship the new one to you before you sent the old one back so you wouldn't have to put the stock one back on then rip it off again when the new pipe arrived?

Thanks again!
Old 04-29-2002, 12:02 PM
Racer

Originally posted by RAdams
Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply!
Did you call them or e-mail them on your initial contact?
I did both, I emialed them first and talked to a guy there in customer support.

How long did they take to reply? Did they put up a fight or did they agree to replace it without a problem?
Reply was quick, a day or so, first, they set me hoses, they kept geting spliced, when they had the new design, they sent me a new one no questions asked.

Also... did they offer to ship the new one to you before you sent the old one back so you wouldn't have to put the stock one back on then rip it off again when the new pipe arrived?
Yes, they shipped me a new one, and included a return UPS tags too so I can ship back the defective one in the box they sent. :wow:

I would say, that is a GREAT Serivce...

God luck
Old 04-29-2002, 12:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Exclamation

Wow... I'm actually having this problem myself. I just thought I screwed up the installation or something. I'd be curious to know how you did it too. I really don't want to have to put the stock intake back in to do this. Last time they were helpful with the hoses that I needed, but this is a bigger part.....
Old 04-29-2002, 01:15 PM
Pro

I have the Injen CAI. Anyone else has the problem of if you have the intake rotated in the wrong position, it would hit the chassis opening and if you rotate it the other direction too much, it would hit the rear of the fog light assembly? My Silvania fog light bulb went out of commission a couple of weeks ago because the air filter on the intake kept banging on it.

axleback