Where to

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 02:12 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to

What kind of shops usually install headers. and how much have people be paying others to do their headers. Got a good size check and looking to buy some headers. If I want to install it myself, what is the degree of difficulty and how long. I am in SAC. Anyone with experience and have the kindness in their heart to help out a fellow TLer let me know and you can HELP<-- no fee install my headers. I am pretty mechanically inclined.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:17 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AZN G RYDE
Anyone with experience and have the kindness in their heart to help out a fellow TLer let me know and you can HELP<-- no fee install my headers. I am pretty mechanically inclined.
That's an awful lot to ask...but good luck.
BTW, I paid $100 for install.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:53 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
on the Acura Inspired . com (take out the spaces) website there is a link to DIY header install. I think it was about 3hours of hour if I remember right...... I would personally do it myself if you have a decent set of tools, jack stands (picked up 2 jack stands and a hydrolic jack for 50 bucks canadian, cheap) and a nice day with some tunes on the radio.....If you were in the North Toronto Area I might be willing to lend a hand but not sure where you are?? you location isn't under your name???
Old 05-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i did mine, by myself about 5 days ago, it took about 3-1/2 hours with a few interupptions. all in all it went well, the rear header was kind of a bitch. the hardest part was trying to hold the flange bolts while tightening the nuts. This is where 2 people would have made it easier, but i was able to get it done. one of our members "scalbert" did a nice write up on the comptech headers install, & tools needed. i did see he left out the 17 or 18mm socket needed for the flange bolts & nuts. by the way i just drove my tl onto a couple of ramps to do mine, did not need no stinkin jack stands, plenty of room to work with the ramps.