What's the clear flex tube under the dash for?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
What's the clear flex tube under the dash for?

I was searching for a rattle under my dash and I think I found what it was...

There is a small vent just below the steering wheel on the right hand side... Looks like a little sensor...

When I was rumaging around under there, I noticed that there is a clear flex tube that goes from that small vent to the bottom part behind the center console...

The tube was NOT connected to the small vent... I gently pulled the small vent off, and saw that the back of the vent had a wide "O" opening that seemed to fit the tube...

It was difficult to get the tube back onto the back of the vent opening, but I did it... My hands are paying for it today...

I don't know if it came loose as a result of me rumaging around, or whether this was the source of my noise/rattling (the loose hose bumping into stuff)...

I assume this vent is to sense the temperature inside the cabin...

Can anyone confirm?

Is there an easier way to connect it up? Cuz it was a terribly tight fit... I have relative small hands... I can't imagine a person with bigger hands would have been able to make the connection...
Old 02-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i researched this a while back, and every seemed to confirm it WAS to sense temperture inside the cabin. so your assumption was right. i believe when i asked someone referred me to a page in the manual where it was confirmed aswell. i just dont remember the page anymore