what size wheels should i get as replacements

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:41 PM
What to put

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow what size wheels should i get as replacements

Ok so I pick up some 19" racing hart gt5's I knew one was bent/cracked but they were cheap so I didn't mind. So I thought they were all 19x8.5 and came to find out one was a 19x7.5 44 offset and the other three were 19x8.5 44 offset one of the 8.5's have a bent lip and it is cracked so it will need to be fixed or replaced. So I have 2 good 8.5's and one good 7.5. So my question for all of you that have experience with 19" on your 2nd gen is should I just replace the bent cracked one with a 7.5 with 44 offset and keep the 7.5's in the front and the 8.5's in the rear or should I get 2 8.5's one to replace the bent and cracked 8.5 and one to replace the 7.5 so they are all the same. will I have a rubbing issue with the 8.5's in the front. By the way I am on tein ss on the lowest setting I can't lower it anymore. I have already test fit the 2 8.5's in the rear and bent and cut the rear bumper and rear fender so there is barely any rubbing with normal driving. As far as it sits right now I do not have a camber kit installed but I am looking into getting one for the front or taking it off the car the teins came from as it had some but I will not worry about the rear as I will not be able to adjust it anyway's or it will be touching the rear fender and I don't know if I would be able to adjust camber in the front either I guess I will have to see once I put the wheels on how close they come to the fender.

Now I also have another question how much lower does the factory 02-03 front lip sit when on the car then just the bumper by itself. I would just like to know as my front bumper already scrapes on some speed bumps and drive ways with out the lip and I plan on getting the front lip to finish my lip kit in the future.

And another one. Has anyone ever experienced or heard of anyone blowing tein ss suspension having it all the way down on its lowest setting. I have only been riding on the teins for about two weeks. I live in the land of forever road construction and I am always bottoming out and hear the top hat hit the shock body if I am going to mess them up I would rather just get a pair of cheap coilovers on stock shocks then blow a really nice expensive suspension.

I know it is a lot of questions and I'm not the best with writing but I try my best not to confuse anyone.

Thanks to anyone with helpful information.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:38 AM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 349 Likes on 291 Posts
just get 8.5 +44 all around
staggered with 7.5 and 8.5 doesn't look too great.

won't have problems with rubbing

i suggest cutting out the fender lining a lil bit to accommodate such a low drop.

as to tein SS blowing out on lowest..
my theory is putting on its lowest setting is just like putting lowering springs on stock shocks.

having it lowered all the way on the Tein coilovers keeps the strut/shocks 70%~ compressed down the whole time as you would with a spring on stock shocks combo.

thus, shortening the life of the Tein strut/shocks and having you to replace them rather quicker than someone with just a mild drop on the Tein.

having full coilovers is a better option for you if you're are looking to be really low.

get a rear camber kit so you won't have odd toe wear in the rear and also have some camber evened out on both sides.

Also look into the front kits so you won't have nasty camber in the front as well giving it more of a sunken in look.

i don't even kno if i made sense or said stuff accurately... gahh.. so late...
Old 09-05-2009, 06:33 AM
What to put

thanks man yeah everything made sense I think I am going to raise it about an inch I would really hate to have to replace one of the shocks or all of them. yeah I was hoping I could run the 8.5's in the front I was just worried about the rubbing but if it will not be an issue I will be getting them all the same size. and ill be switching the camber kit and getting it aligned soon after I get the wheels and tires are on.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Advanced

Arrow Rims...

Hey,whatz up, guyz. I wanted to know if i put aftermarket rims on my Acura TL 2000, Am i gonna need new Lug Nuts or anything else 2? Thanx.