what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 01:43 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what should I do?

Hi, my wife just got the TL-S for 3 weeks... I noticed that the exhaust ( muffler ) are not lining up right but yesterday when I stop by my dealership, both the service manager and the Sales person told me that " It happens, and there's nothing they can do about it" They even tried to point out some other New TL's are like that, we took a breif walk n he couldn't find one.
He told me he couldn't adjust the exhaust hanger since it's rubber, then I question him that any muffler shop can do that by adjusting the hanging rod that in my own ride, it cost me 10 bucks to adjust it. Then he silenced and told me I have to make an appointment with the "Acura Service Rep" instead of the dealership service manager. I felt that he said that because if I coudln't find time taking off from work he can get away from it.
I'm very disappointed with their service right there.

I mean I'm not trying to be anal or what, but it looks very ugly especially when I followed her on the Hiway, It looks very stupid with one tip pointing upwards, and the other down.
To give you an idea, I can barely fit my little finger on top of the left tip, but I can fit both my hands (one on top of the other) over the right tip.

:flamer: Now I have the feeling that Acura dealer is not as great as I thought. ( I have been totally disgusted by Honda dealers before and then I refused to go to them at all costs for 4 years...)

please, let me know if that happens to you, what would you do??
Old 03-31-2003, 08:15 AM
Burning Brakes

*****, *****, *****... untill you get your way. go to the person above the a-hole rep, and if that don't work go up, one step at a time... Say something like, "who is your supervisor, firstname last name (make sure you call them by first and last name. If you don't know their full name, make sure you deliberatly ask for it before asking the supervisor question. once you know who the supervisor is, have the idiot get a hold of them. if they are not available, get a contact phone number for the supervisor as well as a schedule... at the same time request to immediatly see the supervisor of the supervisor... Make sure you use words like "deplorable", "unacceptable", "pathetic", and "inferior". Ask the supervisor what the owner of the dealership (make sure you know who it is and what their first name is) would think if he "learned" what was happening right there and then... this should get you some attention, at least... good luck
Old 03-31-2003, 08:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
i would do what stiletto said or find a different acura dealer. mine has bent over backwards for me the few times i have visited them.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:57 PM
Pro

Received 158 Likes on 90 Posts
politely, tactfully and firmly go higher up in the management ranks until someone agrees to fix it (correctly)
Old 03-31-2003, 02:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by TL-GIXXER
politely, tactfully and firmly go higher up in the management ranks until someone agrees to fix it (correctly)
My sentiments exactly. Catch them off guard with some honeyed words :p . If that fails, then pull out the *****ing.