What does 03 TL have that 04 Maxima doesn't have?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 09:53 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What does 03 TL have that 04 Maxima doesn't have?

Hi! I am a TL owener, too, but I notice that there are so many stuff that 04 Maxima have that we don't have. Such as 18" wheel, 8 Bose speakers, ect...... Because my friend was keep on comparing the new Maxima with my TL, which is really piss me off. I said it's ugly, but he think it's more cool and more future style then mine. So I want to know what is the thing that we have, but they don't have that makes both cars almost the same price?
Old 07-10-2003, 10:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Pure opinion here, but I'd say class. The Maxima is FUGLY. And that whacko sunroof it has makes it look like a toaster. They even put that slotted roof design on their minivan.... uhghhhhh:hitit:
Old 07-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Racer

Don't forget, Maxima is '04 car, and our TL is basically '99, so it is not really fair to compair. Wait until '04 TL comes out...
Old 07-10-2003, 11:40 AM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also an opinion, having twice the Bose full range speakers coming from the stereo means there is just twice as much bad sounding audio (o.k., it's crap).
Old 07-10-2003, 11:42 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,152 Likes on 823 Posts
Shadowknight920, you're caught in a very difficult situation here. The '03 TL is a four-year old almost end-of-model-cycle design, whereas the '04 Max is a fresh all-new design. Wait till this winter for the all-new '04 TL, it'll sure blow the doors off the '04 Max performance-wise and feature-wise.

One thing for sure is that the TL is an Acura and the Max is a Nissan. Acura and Infiniti are the more prestige cars, whereas Honda and Nissan are the more economy cars.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Yeah, Bose sucks. My Dad has an '03 TL, I prefer the system in my '97 TL. Maybe Honda/Acura will put a Mark Levinson system in the Legend/RL Wishful thinking.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:18 PM
Suzuka Master

The Maxima also offers bi-xenon headlights, heated steering wheel and power collapsable outside mirrors.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:03 PM
6th Gear

Don't make fun of the Maxi-pad

I think it is smart to wait and compare, however the maxima is an incredibly innovative design outside.... the 'toaster' sunroof isn't a sunroof, its merely a non-openable moonroof. You can get a regular sunroof in the car.

The 265 hp Maxima is without a doubt faster than my TL. I also drove the CL-S 6-speed vs the Maxima 6-speed. It is my OPINION that the Max is faster however the acura is more refined. Its pickup and shifting (clutch) is nicer and more refined.

The Acura is very asthetically pleasing and not covered with a bunch of cool gadgets, but the maxima's menu system (with and without the nav system) is incredible. With a menu system on the dash you can PROGRAM the car to respond how you would like with the keyless entry beep or not beep, valet, pull in the side mirrors when you lock the doors, unlock all doors or just drivers door with one click.... and more....

I have always been a fan of the maxima, the thing that I am used to with Acura that Nissan doesn't offer (but Infinity does) is the loaner when the car goes in for warranty repairs.

I am not bashing Acura or Nissan.... I am merely offering up that the cars are well matched!
Old 07-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Don't make fun of the Maxi-pad

Originally posted by stingnc
I think it is smart to wait and compare, however the maxima is an incredibly innovative design outside.... the 'toaster' sunroof isn't a sunroof, its merely a non-openable moonroof. You can get a regular sunroof in the car.

The 265 hp Maxima is without a doubt faster than my TL. I also drove the CL-S 6-speed vs the Maxima 6-speed. It is my OPINION that the Max is faster however the acura is more refined. Its pickup and shifting (clutch) is nicer and more refined.

The Acura is very asthetically pleasing and not covered with a bunch of cool gadgets, but the maxima's menu system (with and without the nav system) is incredible. With a menu system on the dash you can PROGRAM the car to respond how you would like with the keyless entry beep or not beep, valet, pull in the side mirrors when you lock the doors, unlock all doors or just drivers door with one click.... and more....

I have always been a fan of the maxima, the thing that I am used to with Acura that Nissan doesn't offer (but Infinity does) is the loaner when the car goes in for warranty repairs.

I am not bashing Acura or Nissan.... I am merely offering up that the cars are well matched!

Well put!

I will be very disappointed if the new TL does not have a nice on-board computer.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:58 PM
Safety Car

resale value
Old 07-10-2003, 04:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

ive driven both as well... and the CL-S is faster than the 04maxima... the 04max actually felt a tad slower than the 03maxima that i drove in comparison
Old 07-10-2003, 06:15 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Who cares if the Max has more features, its uggggglyyyy. I would take the TL hands down.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hahaha, i used to have a maxima and i called it the maxi-pad too.... hehe

Old 07-11-2003, 03:50 AM
Race Director

That menu system sounds COOL!

Any more info on any sites on what the options are and etc..
Old 07-11-2003, 09:44 AM
6th Gear

Honestly, I expect the new TL to be quite innovative, especially because of the no side mirrors. However, I have been driving for roughly 14 years and I wouldn't be too excited to start looking at my dashboard to change lanes. Also, I had my alternator and battery replaced at 28k miles in my TL, if you have ever driven a car with an alternator going (especially in an automatic shift car) the electronics start going nuts. It could quite possibly be pretty dangerous to drive at all in a situation like that.

Also the body style of the new TL is going to be very similar to the new Honda Accord style. I am not a fan of yet, but just like any drastic body style change, you're going to get used to it.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:07 AM
Banned

Honestly, I expect the new TL to be quite innovative, especially because of the no side mirrors. However, I have been driving for roughly 14 years and I wouldn't be too excited to start looking at my dashboard to change lanes. Also, I had my alternator and battery replaced at 28k miles in my TL, if you have ever driven a car with an alternator going (especially in an automatic shift car) the electronics start going nuts. It could quite possibly be pretty dangerous to drive at all in a situation like that.
Well then you're in luck because that was a concept for the car show that won't make it into mainstream production of the 2004 TL.