Weird Film on Windshield...and are my wipers screwed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 11:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weird Film on Windshield...and are my wipers screwed?

I came out of my friends place...and my windshield seemed dirty...so as usual I used the anti-freeze to clean the windshield, and it seemed like it cleaned it....

anyways, as I'm driving down the road at about 80 km/h, I look at the passenger side of the front windshield, and notice horrible streak marks left from the windshield wipers. So anyways I press down on the lever of my windshield wipers to see if it was excess anti-freeze, and my windshield wiper blades make a "SCREACHING" noise as it goes over this area....they also travel terribly slow over that area of the windshield as if it's very sticky and it's getting caught on something....as it comes up to the driver area, the windshield wipers speed up, then get caught again on the way down....not looking too good!

so I let the windshield stay like that for a bit, too see if the moisture would dry off, but it didn't. So like 20 minutes later, I left the spritzer with windshield washer fluid running for a good 10 seconds, and cleaned the whole windshield. Now the streaking went away after thoroughly running the cleaner over it...

I do remember however reading on this forum that there's a TSB about these wipers, and how they leave horrible streaking marks on the windshield. Will Acura replace my wiper blades under warranty to solve this problem? Or did I just get fluked out, and happened to have my windshielf streak like crazy?

any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-19-2003, 09:20 AM
TL-S driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just take a ride to Pep Boys and buy a new set of wipers and clean your windshield again with some soap and water. Acura won't replace your wipes unless you bought your car last week. Wipers are a wear and tear item. Better to get them yourself then have Acura do it. They'll rip you off!
Old 08-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yah I think I will eventually replace my wiper blades...it looks like this problem hasn't come up again since last night, so I'll go along with using this stock garbage...and eventually change it.

thanks again.