Warranty Gold Bankrupt

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty Gold Bankrupt

I can't _ucking believe this. I paid for 5 year extended warranty and now the company is in liquidation. They are not accepting anymore claims. If any of you guys have this warranty company than you have all been screwed just like me....:wow:
Old 09-15-2003, 02:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Wow that sucks. I bought a policy through them a few days before Acura announced the warranty extension on the Tranny. The tranny was the main reason I bought it, so after Acura did that, I had no reason to keep it, and cancelled it immediately.

Lucked out, hopefully there will be a way that they make things right with their customers.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Damn, that does suck. I looked long and hard at them but ended up going with the Acura warranty. They were a little more, but figured it was worth it since I'd have less hassle.

Hopefully they'll come up with some plan that can get you something back. Maybe they'll be scooped up by another warranty company and you'll be covered by them? Good luck.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Instructor

Hold the phone...

I just called Warranty Gold Customer Service, and they tell me that the underwriter (National Warranty Insurance Company), not WG, went bankrupt.

WG is, of course, looking for another underwriter. So, until then, claims are temporarily on hold. If a repair is needed, you will have to pay it out of pocket pending a reimbursement. Was told that everything should be back to normal in a week or two.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check out this link :

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0..._warranty.html

Cheers !!!
Old 09-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Warranties are scam in general. I don't belive in warranties for which you have to pay extra money from your pocket. OEM warranty should be sufficent, everything "extra" is a scam. I never buy any service plans that "Best Buy" store sells, they make tons of money.... you better off taking chances.
Hopefully you will learn your lesson.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:13 PM
Racer

Originally posted by russianDude
Warranties are scam in general. I don't belive in warranties for which you have to pay extra money from your pocket. OEM warranty should be sufficent, everything "extra" is a scam. I never buy any service plans that "Best Buy" store sells, they make tons of money.... you better off taking chances.
Hopefully you will learn your lesson.

i bought one on my computer. one more "failure" and i get a replacment
Old 09-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Instructor

russianDude:

You must have had a bad experience with a extended warrenty company. I have purchased extended warranties on my last 4 cars. Due to the fact I can wind up putting up to 25-30k a year on a vehicle. Standard manufacturer warranty just won't do. All my claims have been accepted and pay for with no additional problems. Granted I have heard of some bad deals but usually from a corner used car dealer. With this company going out of business thier will be several thousands if not hundreds of thousands of drivers that may have to come out of pocket. That sucks. Checking mine now to insure that I am not under that company.
IMHO, extended warranties is not a waste of money, and there are several car magazine and comsumer advocate groups that would agree with me.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:55 PM
Race Director

I have bought Extended Warraties on all my Electronics..

I bought a $1200 36 in. Sony 6 years ago, 5 years later the tube had very small noticable dot, I called Sears and they came to fix it, and left saying it was fixed.. I called them again and said it is bad again, they said on second occasion we take the tv back and give you credit..

So they gave me the value of the TV at the time which was $1000, so I used the TV for 5 Years, and only lost $200 + Insurance ($300), I just put more money on top of my credit and got a better TV..

Another Good Example, I have complete care thru Dell on my laptop, if I drop coffee on keyboard, they give me new keyboard, and the tech comes in less than 2 days to replacce it, usually next morning but at latest 2 days..

If I drop the laptop, I get new screen or whatever is needed...
I admit I payed $500 for this complete care + extended warranty, but what if my LCD went bad? Thats the most expensive part of your laptop, what would u do? Buy one on ebay for $500+ and than try to install it or what?

I admit for people that buy warranties and never use them, they think its useless but warranty is always for the incase emergency, Just like insurance..
Old 09-16-2003, 10:31 PM
Racer

Well put 2004 TL , When you spend so much on something why not pay a little more to get it insured ?