WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM anthonya [Scammer Alert]

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 10:01 AM
The Talk of New York

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand Newb, I totatly understand what you aresaying regarding this situation.

BUT, we can't just let this guy off the hook like that, atleast not without teaching him a lesson.

The website that c0v3rr1d3 has posted, www.itsolutionskw.com/Contact%20Us.htm, that is the same exact adress that I have for this guy, sooo....what I'd like to do is get together a group of people, with atleast 3 people, but the more the better, along with the canadian police, and I'd like the group to go to this guys house. If we get the police invloved in this, then I'm sure there won't be any violence involved on this guys behalf.

So, anybody that resides in Ontario Canada, and is not too far from this guys address, you think you could let me know, because not are you only helping me, but you are also helping Niko2000TL, and everyone else that was gonna potentially but something from this guy.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:03 AM
i am so smart S M R T

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking that sucks

what goes around comes around
Old 01-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Advanced

He does need to be taught a lesson though.
Sneak into his house and put some nair in his shampoo bottle so his hair falls out.
Pour brake fluid all over his car...we all know the results of that
Switch his license plate with someone elses.
Shove grapefruit in his exhaust pipes so his car stalls out.

The list goes on....

All of the above of course after you have recouped your money and then some
Old 01-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Drive fast & swerve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Billy Sacco
Has anyone done a claim with paypal lately? I did one recently and they seemed to have changed the process to where they really don't want to intervene much. Seems like you need to go directly to your card company even though paypal sends a nasty e-mail if you do that. Paypal is not perfect either trust me, there are glaring flaws with thier claim system that can be exploited. But you still get more protection then money order. Not rubbing it in the original poster's face, we all make mistakes.
this is so true, Paypal is not of much help to people that use it outside of ebay. and, just so you're all aware, scammers use paypal as well. if you recall last summer, a few of us got scammed by the TotaLux loser, and most of us paid using paypal since that was the only method of payment he would take. here's how you can be 100% secured, in my opinion: pay using paypal, but when you choose your account to debit, choose a credit card, not your bank account. I did that and after paypal wouldn't help me, I called my credit card company, filled out a form, attached PM's and emails from the loser, and had the charges reversed in less than a week...of course after I spent over a month chasing after the guy. screw paypal and their nasty emails. the way I see it, they continuously send me emails talking about how safe it is to use, but in reality, you know guys know the drill.

phew, I feel better now that I've bitched about paypal...anyway, that's my two cents... wish you all the best.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Banned

ill post his info and the situation on TAC, torontoaccords, i live far from kitchener, but there are many members close by, i wouldny mind going there for alittle gas money...
Old 01-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Goon!

Originally Posted by c0v3rr1d3
hopefully some help for you guys if you haven't already found this...

This looks like to be his business website http://www.itsolutionskw.com/
the contact info matches.. and probably gives u an idea of where he called u from
How did you find that website?
Old 01-04-2007, 05:18 PM
...::AOA::...

gamezilla, let me know what we are going to do....i'd really like my money back, and im sure you do too. theres gotta be a way of getting it, whether it be through the police, or you and i go get it personally.....
Old 01-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Racer

I was going to purchase the kit from him too, I also asked for pictures and he said that he'll try to some but never did, i told him i won't send you anything until i see some pictures and also that i wouldn't accept western union. So he told me that he will take pictures for me, i waited but i got nothing so i decided not to proceed with the transaction. The only person that screwed me on acurazine was excellerate, i told him specificaly which muffler i needed and he send me a totaly different muffler and now he won't refund me, i'm still waiting for my refund. He says that i told him i wanted that muffler but in all my pms i never mentioned it. I hope he gets the common sense to see that it wasn't my fault and hopefully he will refund me. Ron A can you do something about this??
Old 01-04-2007, 05:50 PM
The Talk of New York

Niko, I'm not plannin on takin a trip to Canada anytime soon, but if I ever do decide to take one, then I'm gonna cause some serious damage, whether it'd be to him or his car....

thats how fuckin pissed off I am right now

I seriously hope that I could get a group of people from here or another forum to pay this guy a visit

btw here's a dumb question, but whats the 911 number for canada
Old 01-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by 2Rude
The only person that screwed me on acurazine was excellerate, i told him specificaly which muffler i needed and he send me a totaly different muffler and now he won't refund me, i'm still waiting for my refund. He says that i told him i wanted that muffler but in all my pms i never mentioned it. I hope he gets the common sense to see that it wasn't my fault and hopefully he will refund me. Ron A can you do something about this??
Please don't lie to everyone and yourself anymore. I wasn't going to even bring this on AZ but now you have started the process. Unfortunately I am going to partially hijack this thread. Here is a series of our conversations.

================================================== ==============================
To : 2Rude
Date : 2006-10-23 13:06
Title : Re: Performance Parts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by 2Rude
How much would you sell me 1 tanabe hyper medallion exhaust? By 1 i mean one muffler and not the whole kit. let me know. thanks
$165 shipped in total. I have a Tanabe order going in soon so let me know.

================================================== ==============================

That was 10/23. He said he needed some time and asked me if the price would stand. I said yes. Then I later received this message:

To : Excelerate
Date : 2006-12-04 17:59
Title : Re: Performance Parts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be sending you 180$ via paypal for 1 tanabe super hyper medallion muffler w/tip DRIVER SIDE on thursday. Please send it as a gift or declare it lower then the actual value so i can avoid paying taxes and custom fees. Please reply to confirm. thanks

Okay so he told me he needed a muffler and here I assumed he was telling me that he was going to use it on the driver side. After his eCheck clears I send the muffler. Well what the customer actually has is a Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion Catback Exhaust and he is missing the driver side axleback setup somehow. Since we were talking for 2 months you think he would have been more clear and told me that but he told me in every PM he only need a muffler. So that night after the muffler has been shipped and is on its way to Canada he sends me this email:

Just to make sure the attached photo is the muffler i need...please check
and let me know. Thank you....

Needless to say I was flabbergasted. How could someone talk to me for 2 months and then show me a pic of the part he needed the day after I send it? He told me every time he needed a muffler.

This point is mute anyways b/c Tanabe doesn't sell individual pieces of their exhaust systems. They only sell entire exhausts. They do and will not sell axlebacks, b-pipes, or anything separate. I explained this to him and even told him that I would send him another muffler at my cost to help him out since he would need matching mufflers.

Anyways to rectify the situation I also said just send the muffler back to me and I will refund you the price of the muffler. I said you have to pay shipping back to me and cover the shipping to you but I will refund in full the price of the muffler. His reponse was that he demanded a full refund and would not send the muffler back until he received the refund. Needless to say it doesn't work that way. The customer has to ship the part back and then the vendor refunds them. So he chose to talk to Tanabe directly to obtain the piece he needed. Tanabe told him they don't sell them individually and that if he needed another muffler or exhaust to deal with me since I am an Authorized Dealer.

Well then he says this to me:

Tanabe is requesting pictures of the box (SUPER hyper medallion), i ask you
if you can take picture of a box that you have in stock for me, i would
appreciate that! I don't have my box anymore because it was taking too much
place, please let me know asap. Thank you!

In the meantime I have been in direct contact with Tanabe. He asked me this b/c he taped a print out of the label on this box and was trying to misrepresent it. I told him:

I don't have the Super Hyper Medallion catback in stock and to be honest I wouldn't misrepresent my box (exhaust) as yours b/c that is dishonest.

He responded:

Thanks anyways, after lots of arguing and emails, tanabe finally decided to
send me the muffler. Please refund my money in full so i can send you back
the muffler i got from you.

I called Tanabe to see if this was true. Absolutely not. Anyone who wants can call Tanabe and speak to James. James told me himself that this customer keeps changing his story, is lying, and is shady.

So end of story he threatened to file a dispute with Paypal. I told him to do so. He did and I escalated it to a claim. Paypal has chosen not to investigate. This customer is shady and I tried to be fair with him. Now he has posted here saying I screwed him and filed a dispute with me with Paypal. By the way, ask the members here. I have a good reputation and I am a very fair and honest person.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Advanced

Good that you took the time to post that Excelerate. I am sure that many here can appreciate the honesty and integrity you bring to AZ.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Cruisin'

Yea, most def, he seems to be acting shady...keep up the good work Excelerate, we'll do more business in the future.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:21 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I can also vouch for Josh at Excelerate. Have bought MANY parts from him including things to the value of Supercharger, BBK front and rear, plus. NEVER had a problem whatsoever in any way shape for form. Besides...from the posts given....he obviously didnt understand paypal as well...as the FIRST thing they would say would be to ask the BUYER for the return tracking # before they even started an investigation into the matter....and the dude was not willing to send the stuff back. Honestly...sounds to me like he thought he was gonna scam you all along....or at some point anyway?

Just goes to prove...sometimes no matter what you do and how far you go out on a limb for someone....sometimes they are their own worst enemy! I mean....what did this thread have to do with Josh anyway....kinda off topic buddy? You just looking for a chance to take a shot or what?

As Ron Burgundy says....try to keep it classy!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:27 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by nb_exit9er
Why does it have to be Nicaragua?
It doesnt...just picked something off the top of my head...sorry...wasnt trying to offend anybody whatsoever. Just grabbed something. Fact is...off the top of my head...I cant remember WHERE most of those scams originate....Barbados? Heck...I dunno? Seriously though....I just crammed in something....wasnt making any inferences whatsoever.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

^^ Nigeria FTW

no offense also..........just I received a Email from Nigeria when I inquired about purchasing 2 English Bulldogs from a local paper recently.
Both dogs for 1,000 shipped sounded way too good too be true.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

I also want to post for Excelerate,
I have purchased my sways and UR pullys from Excelerate and have never faced an issue whatsoever..........In fact I wouldn't hessitate to purchase from him again and support this great forum.

Also Josh was very helpful over the phone,spending the time to make sure I got the last set of red Pullys.

I am sorry to hear the original poster feels slighted,but It aint cool to try and hurt someones rep/Buisness.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 PM
2000 acura tl FPR

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
It doesnt...just picked something off the top of my head...sorry...wasnt trying to offend anybody whatsoever. Just grabbed something. Fact is...off the top of my head...I cant remember WHERE most of those scams originate....Barbados? Heck...I dunno? Seriously though....I just crammed in something....wasnt making any inferences whatsoever.

how about Djibouti??
Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
All this advice about takin' a trip to Canada to teach this guy a lesson is nothing but macho posturing and guaranteed to make things a lot worse. My advice is to learn from this mistake and move on. Gamezilla, you're the one who has all this anger built up over this situation and while it's understandable, there's nothing you can do it and staying angry will make your life miserable. Chalk it up to an expensive lesson.

2rude - your screen name is appropriate. Josh is first class and there's no reason he should lose money because of your 2 mistakes. First, losing your 'muffler' and second, not being able to form an intelligent English sentence to describe what you need.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:40 AM
05 Acura TL: a-spec

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Excelerate didnt even have to explain that. After I read that guys post, I immediately dismissed his accusation as BS.

I can also vouch for Excelerate. Excelerate is a great guy, who has supplied me with at least 1k of parts. Excelerate is always nice, answers all of my questions fully, and even has some of the best prices around.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tits legendary
How did you find that website?
google is your friend
Old 01-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliChris517
Excelerate didnt even have to explain that. After I read that guys post, I immediately dismissed his accusation as BS.

I can also vouch for Excelerate. Excelerate is a great guy, who has supplied me with at least 1k of parts. Excelerate is always nice, answers all of my questions fully, and even has some of the best prices around.

werd he even beat the best price around i could find, even through other forum sponsors, for a set of rims for me (~2 months to go). Also have bought a couple comptech parts from him as well, smooth transactions all the way, and great installer too! Probably buying more in the future though my wallet says
Old 01-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
I too can vouch for Excelerate. He is a very trust worthy guy, and will take the time to correct any issues with your order. I have ordered from him in the past, and will continue to do so. He is very prompt with shipping as well. Why should Excelerate loose money for a mistake that wasn't even his in the first place?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Seems like this thread has strayed far enough from the original post to be locked down.

As far as the excelerate issue goes, I agree with everyone else. It seems Excelerate went above, and beyond trying to help this guy out, and is just getting burned for his trouble.

2Rude after reading those emails, it seems obvious to all that the person lacking common sense is no one other than you. You clearly asked for the wrong thing, and have no one else to blame but yourself.

You should have taken excelerate up on his offer, eaten the S&H charges for your own mistake, returned the muffler, and then received your refund on the muffler itself. That itself was a generous offer. Many other places would charge you a restocking fee in addition to the S&H.

It's real annoying to see someone refuse to take responsibility for his own mistakes, and try to pass them off as someone else's. Time to step up 2Rude.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
The thread in the Black Market is still active, so if anyone wants to continue this discussion there (and since it is the Black Market, you must stay on topic) click on the link.
https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/warning-do-not-buy-anthonya-%5Bscammer-alert%5D-355347/