WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM anthonya [Scammer Alert]

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 11:34 PM
The Talk of New York

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM anthonya [Scammer Alert]

I think its about time that I let everybody know how my transaction went with anthonya. This guy is a pure scammer and a big liar, and let me explain to you why I say that.

In mid September, I got in contact with anthonya. He said that he had a OEM Body Kit in Silver from a 2003 TL. At the price he was offering it to me , I decided that it was a very good deal, and decided to purchase it.

Before I did purcase it though, I asked him several times for some pictures of it, but he always came up with some lame excuses, and never sent me any pictures. What he did do though is give me a very detailed description of the body kit, indicating where there were scratches and all. This led me to believe that this guy was legit.

So when I was finally ready to make the payment, he tells me that he doesn't accept PayPal. He said that he will only take Western Union. I asked him several times why he wont accept PayPal, but he never really answered the question. I had a really bad feeling about the whole thing, but I decided to go ahead with the transaction.

I sent him $350 for the kit, and paid $34 in Western Union fees, making it a total of $384. He received it about an hour later, and actually gave me a call and told me that he would ship out the kit within the next few days. I specifically told him that as soon as he ships it to send me the tracking number. I told him this multiple times, via PM and over the phone.

A few days later, he PM's me and tells me that he shipped out the kit, and gives me all the details, like the address he shipped it from, and the address he shipped it to. I asked him where the tracking number was, and he replies that I never asked for one.

Anyways, He told me that Canada Post said that I should receive the package by October 13th. The package was shipped around September 23rd. I never heard of it taking sooo long for a package to get from Canada to the US. His explaination for this was that he used the cheapest shipping service they had available.

So I waited patiently for October 13 and guess what, the kit never came. I PM'd the guy back, and he said to give it another week, and again, the kit never came.

We kept exchaning PM's, but to this day the body kit never came. I even went to the Post Office that handles all the mail for my job, cause I wanted the kit to be delivered to work, and I spoke to the manager. I explained everything to her, and she said that in cases like these, the person who shipped the package should go back to the post office and ask for the package to be TRACED. And she also told me to get a REFRENCE NUMBER for the package.

When I asked the seller to go to the post office to get the package traced, he said that he went, and they told him that it cant be done because tracking for the package was not purchased. Thats pure bullshit because when I spoke to the manager at the post office, she said that it doesnt matter if tracking was purchased or not, ALL PACKAGES CAN BE TRACED. Also, when I asked the seller for a refrence number, he tells me that he doesnt know what that is, and then assumes that it's a tracking number, and again tells me that tracking was never purchased.

Once again, to this day I have not received the package, and the seller has never showed me one bit of proof that he ever even had a body kit, or even shipped it.

I would just like to warn everybody to stay away from this person, as he is very good at lying, and will try to scam you at all costs.

Also, I would like to ask you guys for some help. Is there absolutly anything that I can do to get my money back?

Since this guy lives in Canada, what are my rights in terms of me getting the law involved?

All help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks
Old 01-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Race Director

Wow that really sucks I hope it works out for you.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are probably out of that money. You shouldnt send funds out of country without paypal or any other protection. What he's told you is pure b.s and youre out of that money. If you bought this in the black market send a pm to Ron A x
Old 01-01-2007, 11:46 PM
The Talk of New York

Originally Posted by CL Platano
You are probably out of that money. You shouldnt send funds out of country without paypal or any other protection. What he's told you is pure b.s and youre out of that money. If you bought this in the black market send a pm to Ron A
it was purchased out of the black market, and belive me I already sent Ron A a Pm, and he says that since our stories dont match, he basically cant do anything about it...
Old 01-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Racer

I would be taking a trip to Canada to do $400 damage to somebodys TL.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1osunut
that s.o.b. needs an ass woopin.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:56 PM
The Talk of New York

Trust me, if I do take a trip to Canada, it wont be $400 worth of damage I'll be doing, cause after I'll be done, his car wont even look like a car...
Old 01-02-2007, 12:06 AM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Ya know some of us have "friends" in Canada... If you know what I mean....Was/Is this scammer a frequent poster on here? If so, I've seen the mods get involved on other issues like this. If he was an "under 100 poster" then your right, he probably scams for a living.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:10 AM
The Talk of New York

this guys got 31 posts

I've also got his address, well...atleast his old address, since he said that he moved to a new house while our transaction was going on...
Old 01-02-2007, 12:15 AM
Drifting

well that really sucks man. i wouldn't ever try sending money through western union to buy something. that's not what western union is for. well this is your lesson to learn.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:24 AM
B A N N E D

you know how they say too good to be true

it almost happened to me with body kit too man. so glad he stopped abruptly, iono why but i was getting into same situation. maybe it was because i told him i knew someone from his area and would do the transaction in person. he was all cool till i told him that my cousin would do it. prolly scared of the viets in 510.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:43 AM
B A N N E D

hopefully everything works out for u
Old 01-02-2007, 08:02 AM
Burning Brakes

get someone to go by the "old address" and asess the situation (is there an acura parked there, etc...). It def. can't hurt. Also, if you feel it is important, place a police report on the fellow (you have the name, right?) and follow through on the situation... g.l.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Kilos of yayo in

With money order not much you can do. You can try getting in contact with the local authorities in his area to try to get some action.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Astroboy has contacted anthonya about this problem and we hope to get some postive results soon. We will keep you posted.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Goon!

These scammers are so smart! My guess is that he gave you a fake name and a fake address. It seems as though if they are wanting to use Western Union for a payment then they are scammers. Paypal is free to join so there is no reason why not to use it (and it is insured.) Don't deal with anyone who won't use paypal. Western Union and Certified Checks are a red flag for a scammer.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
w0rd

Just a random thought, I had a dream last night that an african-american (not to be racist or anything) was stealing my S2000 (I don't own one) when I got off school. when I found him there, he had the seat belt straped on and working busily near the ignition, he begged me not to call the call 911. I called the school security instead, and he got his ass whooped.

end dream rant/
Old 01-02-2007, 11:03 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by VoLLy_1llusioNz
w0rd

Just a random thought, I had a dream last night that an african-american (not to be racist or anything) was stealing my S2000 (I don't own one) when I got off school. when I found him there, he had the seat belt straped on and working busily near the ignition, he begged me not to call the call 911. I called the school security instead, and he got his ass whooped.

end dream rant/

lol this has nothin to do with this...but non the less it cracked me up
Old 01-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VoLLy_1llusioNz
w0rd

end dream rant/
i had the same dream but intead of an african american dude it was some lighter skincolored cat from ontario (not to be landbiased or anything) looking at my nsx when i was coming out of burger king (no drive thru). he was posting on the acurazine website on his cell phone and begged me not to call Ron A or any of the mods....I sent them a pm instead and he got his ass whooped...

end dream rant/

that's so wierd.....
Old 01-02-2007, 11:28 AM
The Talk of New York

Just wanted to update you guys on the situation

If I dont receive either my money or a tracking number for my package by the end of the week, then I'm gonna have to ask a fellow AcuraZine member that resides in Canada for a favor, if ya know what I mean....
Old 01-02-2007, 11:48 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
LOL....this dude probably lives in Nicaragua or something man! This is the oldest scam in the world! Western Union should have been your LAST tip...as there was SEVERAL before this that would have caught my attention. You were taken....and feel slighted and cheated...thats fair. But I bet if they do a trace on the transfer...it went from one western union office to another....or to a PO BOX in Canada...that is forwarded to another somewhere else. You can all but kiss your money good-bye. And a trip to Canada my bet would only bring about the same results....that you found a mailing station or PO Box or something of the sort...where it is forwarded somewhere else.

They have an intricate scam set up here to just go and tell you where to find them.....does that make sense? Why would he rip you off...and then tell you where he actually was?

I might suggest asking one of the moderators or admins for the attached IP address to the posts or have them trace them (very easy) to verify it is originating from a canadian IP to begin with before you go too far into it.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
LOL....this dude probably lives in Nicaragua or something man! This is the oldest scam in the world! Western Union should have been your LAST tip...as there was SEVERAL before this that would have caught my attention. You were taken....and feel slighted and cheated...thats fair. But I bet if they do a trace on the transfer...it went from one western union office to another....or to a PO BOX in Canada...that is forwarded to another somewhere else. You can all but kiss your money good-bye. And a trip to Canada my bet would only bring about the same results....that you found a mailing station or PO Box or something of the sort...where it is forwarded somewhere else.

They have an intricate scam set up here to just go and tell you where to find them.....does that make sense? Why would he rip you off...and then tell you where he actually was?

I might suggest asking one of the moderators or admins for the attached IP address to the posts or have them trace them (very easy) to verify it is originating from a canadian IP to begin with before you go too far into it.

x2,

and c'mon man didnt it sound fishy to you when he only wanted 350 for the kit? with no pictures? and only for minimal shipping fees? and western union the money? c'mon you should have known better.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:46 PM
WILL PLAY POOL FOR CASH

Originally Posted by Phrosttz0
x2,

and c'mon man didnt it sound fishy to you when he only wanted 350 for the kit? with no pictures? and only for minimal shipping fees? and western union the money? c'mon you should have known better.
That is really helpful
Old 01-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

where in canada is he?, post his address.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nyctl
i had the same dream but intead of an african american dude it was some lighter skincolored cat from ontario (not to be landbiased or anything) looking at my nsx when i was coming out of burger king (no drive thru). he was posting on the acurazine website on his cell phone and begged me not to call Ron A or any of the mods....I sent them a pm instead and he got his ass whooped...

end dream rant/

that's so wierd.....
Now thats funny !
Old 01-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gamezilla
Just wanted to update you guys on the situation

If I dont receive either my money or a tracking number for my package by the end of the week, then I'm gonna have to ask a fellow AcuraZine member that resides in Canada for a favor, if ya know what I mean....

Listen man I know you are pissed about the situation but dont be irresponsible about it. You cant just say hey let me go after this guy and do this or have someone do this for me. Legally speaking of course...You dont want something to come back against you that could land you in a world you probably havent been in before. Just a suggestion. I'm sure everyone reading this knows how you feel and all and it sucks you got punked but you just have to learn from it. Try any legal action you can before you give up.

To whoever said that a certified check is a red flag possibly indicating a scammer, that is not true to a degree. Certified checks display an image of who cashed the item and what bank it was cashed at. Yes they are harder to place a stop payment on but if it is within the United States you can always contact the Fraud Division (usually the capital city of your state) to have an investigation done.
Good Luck
Old 01-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Instructor

My advice is to NEVER pay with Western Union....That is the trademark of a scam! Either paypal, or nothing. If someone is unwilling to sign up for a free paypal account, then red flags should go up everywhere. Another alternative, although commonly unused is a REAL Escrow service....HOWEVER, you should NEVER EVER EVER trust someone else's escrow serivce that they refer you to. The only one you should use if you decide to take this route is Escrow.com it is recommended by ebay, free to sign up, and totally secure way to make sure you get what you pay for. Go check it out if you think about using this method!!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
http://www.fraud.org/info/contactnfic.htm

"Your report will be transmitted to the National Fraud Database, maintained by the Federal Trade Commission and the National Association of Attorneys General. This information is available 24 hours a day to law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and Canada. "
Old 01-03-2007, 10:14 PM
...::AOA::...

well, i'll be a son of a bitch..... this guy anthonya is a real piece of work. im going through the same bullshit as the guy who started this thread. i sent him money for a dvd navigation unit on October 24th. i paid for the faster shipping and was told i'd have the unit November 13th. I sent him $330 for the unit, shipping, and Western Union Fees. I have still yet to receive the package. We've been sending PM's back and fourth regarding the matter, and he keeps telling me hes trying to work with the post office. (load of shit as far as im concerned) i was gonna post about this, but i was gonna wait till i heard back from him (its been 3 weeks). we need to track this guy down. im a generous guy, buti dont give money away like that. Ron A, is there anything you can do for us???
Old 01-04-2007, 01:27 AM
NB_Exit9eR

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz

Why does it have to be Nicaragua?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:56 AM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Dang, sorry to hear that Gamezilla + Niko2000TL.

I guess there will always be bastards trying to make an easy buck somehow.

Just a general rule of thumb for any purchases over the internet - especially EBay and trades through forums:

NEVER pay via Western Union or any other equivalent service. If the seller refuses to setup a paypal account, he is most likely a scammer. Paypal accounts are easy to make, and are free. There should be no reason why an online seller refuses to open up a paypal account.

Hope everything works out for you guys.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:45 AM
2000 acura tl FPR

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
ALWAYS use paypal. i almost got had on a set of eclipse wheels for my old car from ebay a couple years ago and i used paypal to pay this guy. $400 shipped. two weeks went by and i never got the wheels. i sent the guy an email and was like wtf... it's been two weeks, i have no tracking # and nor any package.... he emailed me back and said he accidentally sent it to the wrong address and just got it back, return to sender. he said he will send them back out again. i waited two more weeks. Still nothing. so i decide to take action, i called up paypal and filed a claim with them, they got me back $75 (because that's all he had in his bank account). later down the road he turned out not to be a deadbeat seller, but a bad shipper, i ended up driving up to chicago to pick up my wheels because i figured i'd better my chances picking up the wheels than him sending them back out to me again. paypal called me later telling me to pay him back the $75 dollars and i said no, i picked them up, i get discounted shipping. hahah
Old 01-04-2007, 07:07 AM
Kilos of yayo in

Has anyone done a claim with paypal lately? I did one recently and they seemed to have changed the process to where they really don't want to intervene much. Seems like you need to go directly to your card company even though paypal sends a nasty e-mail if you do that. Paypal is not perfect either trust me, there are glaring flaws with thier claim system that can be exploited. But you still get more protection then money order. Not rubbing it in the original poster's face, we all make mistakes.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Drifting

theres been so many scams within this week on here. this is rediculous. we should really set up a group within each chapter to go to these scammers houses and do something about it and get the product or money back instead of waiting for the mods to get the stories and ban them. i doubt scammers on these sites really care about being "banned".

when i buy from people on the forums i make sure they have a large post count, if not ask them for references on other sites or what not. the last big purchase i did on here was $1,300 with $400 shipping. so $1700. the guy had low post counts so i went thru all his references and even told him to send me a fax of his license which he did. i went thru and got what i paid for. gotta be realy careful these days esp on the internet.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:00 AM
Kilos of yayo in

Yeah but really what is another member going to do? Go to the scammers house and threaten to kick thier ass? I mean its nice if someone tries for you but how much can they do if they are not law enforcemen?
Old 01-04-2007, 08:24 AM
The Talk of New York

WOW, Niko2000TL thank you very much for letting me know about this. I think we now have enough evidence to prove to any Mods or Admins who the real scammer is. What you said should be the final nail in the coffin to prove that anthonya is a scammer.

I'm not even gonna wait till tomorrow, I'm gonna start taking action right now.

Thats the number he called me from on the day of the transaction. I'm also gonna try and get in contact with the post office and see if I could get his forwarding address, because he mentioned to me that he was in the process of moving to another house (if thats even true).

This guy resides in Kitchener Ontario Canada, zip code: N2E4J8

I'm not gonna post his address just yet, cause I dont know if thats allowed, but I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:45 AM
TLingggggggg

Worst comes to worst there is always google check out or like others but damn its amazing what people would do for money. I'd say you go over there and give him a good old NYC asswhooping but then again its not worth the trip your hassle for what goes around comes around.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Billy Sacco
Yeah but really what is another member going to do? Go to the scammers house and threaten to kick thier ass? I mean its nice if someone tries for you but how much can they do if they are not law enforcemen?
A few not so thought out responses on here...You are right though...You cant just go off of anger. It's likely scammer could have a gun and would shoot someone who just randomly shows up to their house. Do you really want to take that chance? I know I wouldnt. Sure I'd be mad, I've been thru this situation before. Law enforcement it the best way to go if possible.

BTW Paypal isnt the saint of all buyers and sellers. I had a dispute about a deposit I made to someone. They reversed it but I ate the fees...Then a month later they said they "completed their investigation" and told me I owe them the money. If you ship something for $250 or more you have to have a signature for it. That is trackable. Otherwise if a dispute comes about they will rule against you.

If under $250 at least use delivery confirmation.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
hopefully some help for you guys if you haven't already found this...

This looks like to be his business website http://www.itsolutionskw.com/
the contact info matches.. and probably gives u an idea of where he called u from
Old 01-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by c0v3rr1d3
hopefully some help for you guys if you haven't already found this...

This looks like to be his business website http://www.itsolutionskw.com/
the contact info matches.. and probably gives u an idea of where he called u from
Good job now Gamezilla and Niko should contact him through the website and shake him up a bit.

Quick Reply: WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM anthonya [Scammer Alert]