Want to debadge

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 03:10 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to debadge

I've been thinking about this for awhile and as much as I would like the driver's around me to know I'm driving a TLS, there's something appealing about removing all the extraneous letters on the back of my car and being in stealth mode. TLSers would know I'm driving one anyway with the wheels! I would remove everything except the "A" logo (I'll leave it there cuz I think there's a screw to contend with).

Has anyone done this? Can you do it without running the finish? I was told by my Acura dealer when I bought the car to use floss to take off the letters. I had a protectant put on after I purchased the car. Paint is Black.
Old 04-11-2002, 03:14 PM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: Want to debadge

Originally posted by absent
I've been thinking about this for awhile and as much as I would like the driver's around me to know I'm driving a TLS, there's something appealing about removing all the extraneous letters on the back of my car and being in stealth mode. TLSers would know I'm driving one anyway with the wheels! I would remove everything except the "A" logo (I'll leave it there cuz I think there's a screw to contend with).

Has anyone done this? Can you do it without running the finish? I was told by my Acura dealer when I bought the car to use floss to take off the letters. I had a protectant put on after I purchased the car. Paint is Black.
Try doing a search for more details but this is basically what you need to do:
take a hair dryer and blow hot air directly over the "badge" and use a waxed floss and "floss" it off.
Old 04-11-2002, 03:15 PM
Pro

If you still want non-TL-Sers to know you are driving a TL-S, you can always remove the acura word and the 3.2 and just leave the "A" and TL-S there. I've seen it done and it looks phat. My friend used dental floss too. It does not hurt your finish since it's only attached by PSA.

axleback
Old 04-11-2002, 03:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Lightbulb

Yeah, I pretty much did it the way Axleback's friend did. I used a blowdrier, heated up the emblems for about 2 min., then used dental floss behind the emblems to remove them. Any left over gunk was removed with GooGone. I then did a quick claybar and wax over the area and boom... they're gone and you'd never know they were there. There are some pics on my site. They're not great, but you'll get an idea. I removed the 3.2TL TypeS logo leaving the "A" and
A C U R A. Whoever's driving near me will know it's a TypeS when I drive. They should also know by the color and rims (though most don't)......
Old 04-11-2002, 06:35 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

.....or you can always go JDM.

I N S P I R E 32V
Old 04-11-2002, 06:41 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

You can even put TYPE S

Old 04-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Racer

IMO

hi,
Nah i think take ALL off because there is no point of jsut taking the 3.2tl sign off. I mean Everyone has their taste and I took my all off and look SICK!!! The type s sign is jsut too small to look good by itself. i jsut yanked it off and rubbed the rest off. No scratches no nothing. Oh by the way, its also a sleeper because I has a TLP tryin to race me. I guess he couldnt tell the TLS and TLP apart and think he can take me with exhaust and maybe a CAi.

BG
Old 04-11-2002, 10:30 PM
Racer

MY SHAVED ASS

After my TL-S was stolen, the rear deck lid was slightly damaged. While it was at the bodyshop, I had them fill the holes where the Acura logo was. I now have a totally clean shaved ass and I love it. I remove all emblems and letters on all my vehicles whenever I can. I will post pictures in the next few days in the TL gallery of MY SHAVED ASS!
Old 04-11-2002, 10:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: MY SHAVED ASS

Originally posted by Wash n Wax
After my TL-S was stolen, the rear deck lid was slightly damaged. While it was at the bodyshop, I had them fill the holes where the Acura logo was. I now have a totally clean shaved ass and I love it. I remove all emblems and letters on all my vehicles whenever I can. I will post pictures in the next few days in the TL gallery of MY SHAVED ASS!
Wash & Wax, you kept the TL-S? I could of thought you were going to sell it after all that fiasco.

Anyway, that must look nice. I still have the "A" because..well....because I don't want to drive around with a shaved ass with two holes.
Old 04-13-2002, 10:42 PM
Racer

Re: Re: MY SHAVED ASS

Originally posted by TUFF GONG
Wash & Wax, you kept the TL-S? I could of thought you were going to sell it after all that fiasco.
Originally I was going to sell it after that feeling of violation. But the body shop did a great job, and my wife drives it primarily and she wants to wait until the new BMW 5 Series comes out. I've always gotten whatever cars I've wanted, so she is entitled to pick one out herself...