Vibration Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 08:23 AM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vibration Issue

I know this has been discussed but i was not able to find any help in the other threads. My car has a bad vibration from 45-65. I took it to Acura and they didnt really bother to do anything except for take it for a drive. I went along with their mechanic as he drove my car and he said my 2 rear rims were bent. I was like OK easy fix, he takes it back to the dealership and the service rep comes out and tells me they'll try and balance it to make the vibration go away, i agreed to it. The lady comes back about 20 mins later and tells me that all 4 of my rims are bent so bad that its not even worth balancing. then she prints up a price quote for new rims and tires exceeding $1200. im like wtf how did it go from 2 rims to 4. i was like no thanks and i left. I jus had my snow tires put on the same rims that are "bent so bad" and when the guy put them on he said there were no bends except for one which had a slight bend but it was spin balanced and that i should feel no vibration. the vibration is still there, is it possibly that one rim or can it be something else. I need to fix this problem ASAP to get my mom off my back lol or im gonna have to trade this car in. I'm heading over to acura to get my HID bulb replaced, cause that shit blew out, my headlight has condensation, and my tranny is on its way out. Im not too happy at the moment
Old 11-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Unified Thizz District

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check to see if your weights are still on your wheels...i had this situation where the weights some how "fell off" my front passenger wheel(which is damn near impossible, so ive been told), took it to Les Schwab n they fixed it for free...god bless Les Schwab
Old 11-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
I would try to find the one rim thats supposedly bent and put the spare tire on and see if it goes away. (or process of elimination and do it to each one and see if it goes away) if it does you know its just 1 tire (which ever one is off). Or go back to the place that put your tires on and tell them you get a vibration and have them re balance the tires and see if that takes care of it.

Why would you go to the dealer for a bulb? you can get 2 new ones on line for the price the dealer will rape you for.

And fixing the vibration would be cheaper than getting rid of the car and having to take out a new loan for a new car
Old 11-27-2006, 09:20 PM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i went for the bulb cause it was covered under warranty last time. i have to replace my ignitor and headlight housing too. i already ordered the bulb online since it wasnt covered in my extended warranty. the dealer wanted 150 for a bulb and 280 for the housing thats outrageous

the service lady seemed pissed cause i said no thanks and made her order the ignitor since it was the only part covered in the warranty. i told her im goin aftermarket on the bulb and housing grabbed my keys and walked out.

they checked my tranny and said they couldnt replicate the problem. the problem i had was it didnt shift into 3rd a couple of times, its only a matter of time before it goes
Old 11-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Styl1n

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts
the same day i got my tranny replaced i notice while driving past 55 the car starts to vibrate and you can feel it in the wheel. Acura blamed it on my tires, i am taking it back there on thursday to see what they say.

you think it may be the CV joints since they connect to the tranny
?

maybe we are having the same issue