The UR pulleys are installed + OBX update

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 05:20 PM
On the way!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The UR pulleys are installed + OBX update

I had my UR pulleys installed yesterday. They weighed in at just under 2 lbs, and the stock ones weighed in at 10 even (on the bathroom scale. I just got home with them (and am resetting my computer), so I have no feedback yet - except the car revs much freer now.

I also have an update on my OBX header installation. I asked the shop to take off my headers and match/grind the openings on the headers so that they match the ports on the engine.

I arrived at the shop and they handed me my old OBX gaskets which showed clear exhaust leaking from just about every cylinder. It took them about 4-5 hours to check and match the headers up to the ports. One of the biggest problems they faced was that the header brackets (what the pipes are welded to - to match up to the engine) were not fitting up against the engine cleanly. They wouldn't seal. Also, the dramatic difference between the individual engine ports and the header was at times quite extreme. One port had about a 1/4 inch overlap (the gasket and header was blocking 1/4 inch of the port).

Well - I'm now $750 lighter in the wallet, but I have my pulleys on, and my headers match up to my engine just about perfectly. I have to bring it back in about a month, and they will recheck and tighten them them for free.

All in all - thumbs up for Harrison performance shop in East Orlando!

If I had it all to do over again - I probably would have gone with stone headers (comptech are still too expensive). The problem??? They weren't out yet when I bought mine.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How is she running now?
Old 02-14-2004, 08:42 AM
On the way!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the opportunity to take her out last night on 40 mile round trip drive. All I can say is this:

I LOVE MY CAR!

Since I had the pulley and header work done at the same time, it's impossible for me to tell what helped more, but it's got A LOT more growl when VTEC comes on. My friend who was driving with me agreed that the car pulls a lot more now than it did prior to the work being done.

I'm going to take her to the track one more time before it gets warm out to see what kind of a difference it really made in1/4 mile times - maybe 14.4's???

All in all, I'm very pleased.