Ugh! I hate people that do this!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 01:43 PM
is out, so the

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Ugh! I hate people that do this!

Parked my car in a parking lot.

Came out, and there is a GIANT black mark right infront of the left front wheel.

It goes from the wheelwell to where the front bumper bends around the front of the car.

About 2" in height and alllllll the way down. And now my front bumper is loose. Washed it and my front bumper moves when you push on it.

Really just eats me up. And I park way away from everyone! I hate when I park where no one is around me, I come out and there are vehicles surrounding my car.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Low & Slow w/Dubz On My

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Allen-

Came out, and there is a GIANT black mark right infront of the left front wheel.

It goes from the wheelwell to where the front bumper bends around the front of the car.

About 2" in height and alllllll the way down. And now my front bumper is loose. Washed it and my front bumper moves when you push on it.

Really just eats me up. And I park way away from everyone! I hate when I park where no one is around me, I come out and there are vehicles surrounding my car.

i hate that shit too man!!...i park far far far far away in the mall or grocery store and sure enough someones next to me like "WTF!!!!"...
Old 12-09-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm a thrill seeker in my

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Yeah people have no bloody consideration for someone else's car. I hate it when people do that too. I think sometimes they do it on purpose.

I've actually had someone spit a huge loogey on my door when I parked my car away from everyone else at the movies. I guess that's better than being keyed or bumped

If I'm ever forced to park next to other cars I try and find the nicest ones I can and hope those people stay there for a while, or at least when they leave they'll have enough respect for their own car that they won't hit mine.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts
i.. just park like regular people and i come out perfectly fine... haha

well... not really, lol.. i guess my door is soo dinged up that it all evened out with all the other dings..

and somebody backed out and rubbed against my right rear bumper....

damage didn't look pretty bad but with a little elbow grease and some megs products..

all is new.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Low & Slow w/Dubz On My

Originally Posted by jjashaa
i.. just park like regular people and i come out perfectly fine... haha

well... not really, lol.. i guess my door is soo dinged up that it all evened out with all the other dings..

and somebody backed out and rubbed against my right rear bumper....

damage didn't look pretty bad but with a little elbow grease and some megs products..

all is new.

i wonder what they did for ur hood to be the way it is...
Old 12-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Originally Posted by ZEUS'O3TL
i wonder what they did for ur hood to be the way it is...
lol.. maybe thats why people don't touch my car.. they see the hood already messed up so they think.. ehh... its already messed up...
Old 12-09-2008, 02:24 PM
YoungatHeart

it's one of the things I dread the most...parking in a public lot like a mall or shopping center...

had to add my ....it's always an adventure!!!

I've returned over the years and no matter how far away I park..or how careful I am as to who I park near....I have found everything from

little dings on all four doors (at different times, thank god)
scratches from shopping carts
nice big dent on drivers side front bumper..right on the corner turn..like someone hit it with a ballpeen (sp) hammer......this one cost me $250

don;t you just love people to lazy to do the right thing with their cart when they finish shopping and just leave it right next to yours...on a windy day it can cause alot of damage...

New Yorks great but it has a price to pay...

latest was I was parked in a 7-11 getting coffee and when I got back there was a young guy in a BENZ waiting for Me...seems he pulled out and backed right into my back bumper....that one cost HIM $300 to repaint....but at least he was upfront and honest about the situation...I told him how much I appreciated and respected his sense of honesty and responsibility...
Old 12-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Originally Posted by kaptainjack
it's one of the things I dread the most...parking in a public lot like a mall or shopping center...

had to add my ....it's always an adventure!!!

I've returned over the years and no matter how far away I park..or how careful I am as to who I park near....I have found everything from

little dings on all four doors (at different times, thank god)
scratches from shopping carts
nice big dent on drivers side front bumper..right on the corner turn..like someone hit it with a ballpeen (sp) hammer......this one cost me $250

don;t you just love people to lazy to do the right thing with their cart when they finish shopping and just leave it right next to yours...on a windy day it can cause alot of damage...

New Yorks great but it has a price to pay...

latest was I was parked in a 7-11 getting coffee and when I got back there was a young guy in a BENZ waiting for Me...seems he pulled out and backed right into my back bumper....that one cost HIM $300 to repaint....but at least he was upfront and honest about the situation...I told him how much I appreciated and respected his sense of honesty and responsibility...
if only everyone was like that.. the world would be such a greater place for car enthusiasts... and others.. haha..

i would freakin LOVE people just waiting next to your car being honest about the mistakes they made.. even for like a little door ding...
Old 12-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
The shopping cart thing chaps my a** too- ppl too lazy to push them back to the cart racks.... I've had a dent put in my passenger door & a mirror knocked off (left hanging by the wires) in parking lots, both on previous cars. Of course, nobody owns up to it or leaves a not. It's really annoying when somebody driving a huge crew cab truck or similar just HAS to park in the closest spot to the store he can get, regardless of the size of the spot & his vehicle.... I'm done.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the worse problem with this kind of shit at my job! I have so many little dings from peoples doors its absurd. The worse battle wound is on my back bumper somebody apparently pulled out of the spot next to me at too much of an angle and clipped my back passenger side bumper now I have a faint white scuff mark and a broken clip... my bumper wobbles when I push it people have absolutely no respect! And I try my hardest to squeeze as close to the curb in the corner spot as possible to give room and yet people STILL hit my car.

Oh and ofcourse whoever hit me never came it to let anyone know and corporate refused to pay for damages claiming that if it wasnt a company vehicle that hit me there is nothing I can do... but yet they refuse to make employee only parking!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:13 PM
ShellZV6

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i agree i hate ppl i park my car a million light years away and still i come out and there will be like a civic or something parked next to me to be cool.. i went to long island one day parked my car far away and came out and some 1 keyed my whole car i called insurance and had to get my whole car repainted was 5,000 from insurance to repaint the entire car..ppl suck there haters..lol
Old 12-09-2008, 04:14 PM
12volt Technician

last time i parked my ac in a lot i came out and this guys car was like a half foot away from mine, i cant believe he didn't hit my door, i looked for 5 minutes nd couldn't find any dents. now i wont park my acura anywhere but my garage,or a car show with me right there. and now I just drive the honda everywhere.

dont trust anyone
Old 12-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 07HONDATL
i agree i hate ppl i park my car a million light years away and still i come out and there will be like a civic or something parked next to me to be cool.. i went to long island one day parked my car far away and came out and some 1 keyed my whole car i called insurance and had to get my whole car repainted was 5,000 from insurance to repaint the entire car..ppl suck there haters..lol
lol yeah alot of haters in long island... thats what I usually tell myself to make myself feel a little better about the situation they are just hating on my beautiful baby Thank god I have this really awesome dent removal guy coming down to my house in spring to get some of the dents out Im sooo excited
Old 12-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Nighthawk Black Pearl

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Im with you on that one, i hate it too. I always park in the open far far away and next thing you know, shopping carts are surrounding my car.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:35 PM
is out, so the

Okay, I have a question. I have a door ding (That realllllllllllllllllllllllly bugs me) on my left, rear door. They must have hit it hard, because they dented it in, and chipped the paint down to the metal. There is a black/gray color along with a red color. It is about the size of a quarter. But the thing is, it is right on the crease that runs down the side of the car. What will the bodyshop have to do to get it out? I know take the door panel off and try to push it back out. I'm assuming touch up the spot. Or do you think they will have to repaint the whole door?

What do you think they will have to do, and about how much it will cost?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Banned

Okay, I have a question. I have a door ding (That realllllllllllllllllllllllly bugs me) on my left, rear door. They must have hit it hard, because they dented it in, and chipped the paint down to the metal. There is a black/gray color along with a red color. It is about the size of a quarter. But the thing is, it is right on the crease that runs down the side of the car. What will the bodyshop have to do to get it out? I know take the door panel off and try to push it back out. I'm assuming touch up the spot. Or do you think they will have to repaint the whole door?

What do you think they will have to do, and about how much it will cost?

Thanks in advance.
Post a pic. of the damage so that ppl can get a better idea of the damage. I'm almost positive if it isn't a 1/4" deep, they'll just glaze/bondo over that and it will need to be refinished/re-painted.

P.S. That black/gray + red color you see is most likely primer+sealer..
Old 12-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Racer

Hmmm, have any of you tried Rockblocker film over the painted areas of your car like the doors and bumpers? It's supposed to help against things like shopping carts and whatnot, but I haven't really spoken to anyone who's tried it on their paint.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:25 PM
is out, so the

Pictures are coming...

WARNING: The viewing of these pictures may cause fear of closely parked cars. Neither I or my TL-S take responsibility for your wife/girlfriend/young secretary complaining regularly for your outrageously far walks to the store resulting from you parking in the far back of every parking lot. I know, its bad.

Last edited by Allen-; 12-09-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:52 PM
is out, so the

Okay, here are the pictures...

Lets see if I can do this right...

I know, its sad.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Intermediate

Angry

waz up man my name is Arnaldo, im new here but your right that happens 2 me alot and i hate
Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by totaledTL
The shopping cart thing chaps my a** too- ppl too lazy to push them back to the cart racks.... I've had a dent put in my passenger door & a mirror knocked off (left hanging by the wires) in parking lots, both on previous cars. Of course, nobody owns up to it or leaves a not. It's really annoying when somebody driving a huge crew cab truck or similar just HAS to park in the closest spot to the store he can get, regardless of the size of the spot & his vehicle.... I'm done.
waz up guys im arnaldo and i work at publix and i knowhow it is when shopping carts hit my car.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
See thing is never double park you car in a spot bkuz out here ppl will key your sh** but its okay when these big ass ford pollutin ass disels double park,

those little punks that drive those private security cars in the parking lot of walmart told me u cant double park but i still did it anyways i was like awww FU how about you park ur truck in front of my car so kno one else can park there and if someone messes with my car take your flashlight and hit them!!

But yea when i had my civic this dude at the arena parked his truck and blocked me in but luckfully i could go straight man i wanted to hit his truck with a hammer!