Type -S mats

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 07:27 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Type -S mats

How can I get the custom floor mats with the Type-S logo on them, I don't see them in the accessories page...I am getting a Type-S in a month and want to order them ASAP, also does anyone have these as well as the clear mats that fit over them?...How is the quality of the mats and how well do the clear mats fit and protect? thanks
Old 07-10-2002, 07:50 PM
Safety Car

Re: Type -S mats

Originally posted by TLluver
How can I get the custom floor mats with the Type-S logo on them, I don't see them in the accessories page...I am getting a Type-S in a month and want to order them ASAP, also does anyone have these as well as the clear mats that fit over them?...How is the quality of the mats and how well do the clear mats fit and protect? thanks

Floor mats are standard on the TL's. Type-S has the logo "Type-S" on them already and they are very nice. Not sure what you mean by "clear mats"? Are you talking about those that looks like you use in an office? IMO, floor mats are made for one thing - floor. It is suppose to be dirty and stepped on all the time. Why do you want to protect them? Get the all season mats if you want to save your regular mats for the next owner.

my 2 cents
Old 07-10-2002, 09:10 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The floor mats with the TypeS logo on them are no longer available. Tim use to sell them a while back, but they are discontinued.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Re: Type -S mats

Originally posted by silver03TL

Floor mats are standard on the TL's. Type-S has the logo "Type-S" on them already and they are very nice. Not sure what you mean by "clear mats"? Are you talking about those that looks like you use in an office? IMO, floor mats are made for one thing - floor. It is suppose to be dirty and stepped on all the time. Why do you want to protect them? Get the all season mats if you want to save your regular mats for the next owner.

my 2 cents
I'm not sure if you are talking about the OEM mats or not....but neither TL has the logo "type S" on it, they both are the same mats
Old 07-10-2002, 09:47 PM
Safety Car

Re: Re: Re: Type -S mats

Originally posted by accordv6

I'm not sure if you are talking about the OEM mats or not....but neither TL has the logo "type S" on it, they both are the same mats

My bad then.

:o
Old 07-11-2002, 03:53 PM
Banned

All OEM floor mats for both regular and Type-S models simply have the word "Acura" printed across them. Tim, the owner of this site, had some gorgeous Type-S mats made up and sold them for a limited time on the site. Members here who were lucky enough to buy them were very happy with the quality and the look. However, the company that made the mats ran into an issue with copyright infringement for the Type-S logo so they stopped producing them and Tim subsequently stopped selling them.

If you want some interior decor with the Type-S logo, go with the aluminum sills from AP Signworks. I got them with the Type-S logo and they are very sharp.