Type 3 Service (24000km)...I got a sick price

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Type 3 Service (24000km)...I got a sick price

hey guys,

the regular price for this service is 319cdn from the dealer, but because my buddy is the service advisor at markham acura, and I brought my own mobil 1 synthetic oil, he gave me a 100 dollar discount. The whole service cost me 240 cdn with taxes. I thought that was a pretty sick deal.

BTW if anyone needs a really good dealer in Toronto, go to markham acura. They did a phonomenal job on my a-spec. I couldn't be happier. They fixed nearly all rattles in the car and now even when going over huge bumps, all you hear is "thump". I love them there.

great job to markham acura and II thumbs up to them.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:04 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What does this service include? My dealer wanted some crazy price (450 USD) for some BS 35k service which was nothing more than belts and oil change and check the fluids and lube. I was appaled that people will pay so much for so little... I am a mechanic on the side and its less than $125 worth of work
Old 02-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here is what the Type 3 service includes

Clean: Antenna Mast; Air Cleaner Element
Inspect: Fluid Levels; Lights and Controls; Parking Brake Operation/Adjustment; Brakes (Front & Rear); Driveshaft Boots; Vehicle Underbody; Steering Operation & Suspension; Exhaust System; Brake Hoses & Lines; Cooling System Hoses & Connections; Fuels System Components
Lubricate: Locks, Latches, and Hinges
Replace: Engine Oil & Filter
Rotoate Tires

The starting price at markham acura for this type of service is 249.89 and that is for the 1.7EL. He showed me the service list, and the TL's are supposed to be like 319, and he was like...it's ok, because you brought your own oil, I'll hook you up...plus they did the brakes under warranty, cause the fronts needed machining. so it was all good.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:45 PM
Instructor

IMO that seems way overpriced, you really are getting nothing more than you would get at an oil change place for 10 times the price. Think about it... why would any of the items listed need adjusting or replacement at 24000KM, or 50000KM, or even more. Other than brakes which we all know suck, It seems like a waste to me. I mean, steering operation??? yeah it works and worst case you need a tie rod because its damaged and they'll charge you for that anyway. And clean the antenna mast? whats that about???

However, some people feel some security in taking their car in for service regularly. If you have the money and it makes you more comfortable driving, then dont let my opinions get in your way.

Good Luck,

mark
Old 02-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by sc354
here is what the Type 3 service includes

Clean: Antenna Mast; Air Cleaner Element
Inspect: Fluid Levels; Lights and Controls; Parking Brake Operation/Adjustment; Brakes (Front & Rear); Driveshaft Boots; Vehicle Underbody; Steering Operation & Suspension; Exhaust System; Brake Hoses & Lines; Cooling System Hoses & Connections; Fuels System Components
Lubricate: Locks, Latches, and Hinges
Replace: Engine Oil & Filter
Rotoate Tires

The starting price at markham acura for this type of service is 249.89 and that is for the 1.7EL. He showed me the service list, and the TL's are supposed to be like 319, and he was like...it's ok, because you brought your own oil, I'll hook you up...plus they did the brakes under warranty, cause the fronts needed machining. so it was all good.
Hook me up Jeff,

I'm planning to see those guys at Markham for my 24K service too. My mom swears by them and says they're much better than the D/T Acura people (aliens)...