Twin Accords VS. CL in houston........

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 08:29 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin Accords VS. CL in houston........

Ok, while i was coming home from work, saw these two Accords one follow another.... both are 4gen; a black 4cyclinder with 95 EX Accord 15" 7spokes rims, dropped, with a girl(s) inside, also have a Greddy(I guess) exhaust on the passanger side; a white one following with dual qua exhaust tips, dropped, some funky looking rims, V6, with 2/3 passangers.....

On Beltway around 7PM, we both were crusing, all of a sudden, this Accord speed up, so i guess he wanted to entertain me, so i take the challange... Anyway, they wanted to play on a open freeway 75mph+ with my 3.2, of course I pulled away everytime...

BUT something i really dont understand was, when we hit some traffics, the black accord ran on the shoulder, and passed all these cars with dust, and he has the hazard on??? , I was really confused... cuz does that mean he won? Anyway, i kept follow him after i got out of the back up, and the white accord was with me the whole time...... After all the traffic cleared up, I was behind the black accord... I heard him full throttle, so i followed.... Pulled from behind, then passed him like he forgot to give gas, all the way till 145mph... at this point, i was sooo far behind that i couldnt even see him in my mirror..... BTW, it was a wide open roadway....

Ok, thats the story, but heres are my questions??? When he does that shoulder hazard thing, does that mean he is cool? does that mean he won?? My whole point of running them were just have fun, but they took it like its a battle of life..... Cuz if they think they won, since i have to slow down and wait for them, well, its all good, i let them win.... but the thing is, they have passangers in the car, and they were wreckless driving on the shoulder, wat if..... but oh well.....

Cuz i really dunno why 4cyclinder and V6 accord full of passangers wanna play with a 3.2 with no one in the car but driver on the freeway to begin with, they think they have a chance at all????

BTW, if both of yall see this, thanks for entertained me, I sure love the appetizer(s) before my dinner!!!!
Old 09-01-2002, 08:41 PM
Instructor

Oops, Sorry my bad, i mean 6th gen, which is 98+
Old 09-01-2002, 09:04 PM
Burning Brakes

when they flash the hazardous lights that means they won..as soon as someone pulls up in front they win
Old 09-01-2002, 09:06 PM
Instructor

OK.... if they think the shoulder hazard is winning... sure.....

BTW, i passed infront of the black one while he still has his hazard on.... I guess he was too busy catching up!
Old 09-01-2002, 09:29 PM
Racer

people who do things like flash their hazards after performing an act like that are called RICERS.

they like to race with each other and cheat to "win".
Old 09-02-2002, 12:09 AM
Intermediate

Re: Twin Accords VS. CL in houston........

Originally posted by Houston CL
Ok, while i was coming home from work, saw these two Accords one follow another.... both are 4gen; a black 4cyclinder with 95 EX Accord 15" 7spokes rims, dropped, with a girl(s) inside, also have a Greddy(I guess) exhaust on the passanger side; a white one following with dual qua exhaust tips, dropped, some funky looking rims, V6, with 2/3 passangers.....

On Beltway around 7PM, we both were crusing, all of a sudden, this Accord speed up, so i guess he wanted to entertain me, so i take the challange... Anyway, they wanted to play on a open freeway 75mph+ with my 3.2, of course I pulled away everytime...

BUT something i really dont understand was, when we hit some traffics, the black accord ran on the shoulder, and passed all these cars with dust, and he has the hazard on??? , I was really confused... cuz does that mean he won? Anyway, i kept follow him after i got out of the back up, and the white accord was with me the whole time...... After all the traffic cleared up, I was behind the black accord... I heard him full throttle, so i followed.... Pulled from behind, then passed him like he forgot to give gas, all the way till 145mph... at this point, i was sooo far behind that i couldnt even see him in my mirror..... BTW, it was a wide open roadway....

Ok, thats the story, but heres are my questions??? When he does that shoulder hazard thing, does that mean he is cool? does that mean he won?? My whole point of running them were just have fun, but they took it like its a battle of life..... Cuz if they think they won, since i have to slow down and wait for them, well, its all good, i let them win.... but the thing is, they have passangers in the car, and they were wreckless driving on the shoulder, wat if..... but oh well.....

Cuz i really dunno why 4cyclinder and V6 accord full of passangers wanna play with a 3.2 with no one in the car but driver on the freeway to begin with, they think they have a chance at all????

BTW, if both of yall see this, thanks for entertained me, I sure love the appetizer(s) before my dinner!!!!
I could have sworn I saw this post on V6Accord.com too!!!
Old 09-02-2002, 01:42 AM
Instructor

Re: Re: Twin Accords VS. CL in houston........

Originally posted by SiFuLao

I could have sworn I saw this post on V6Accord.com too!!!
You are right, it is in there! also in acura-cl.com too
Old 09-02-2002, 10:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha...dont even bother, i raped a cavalier... by 3rd gear i was about... ... 2 miles infront of him hehe
Old 09-02-2002, 11:23 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i dont understand people who race on shoulders, and race till 145mph period. Racing at speeds where you can avoid killing someone is acceptable to some, but racing that fast is not acceptable at all. I admit i have pressed it passed 100 before, but never 145. The difference of the character of the car at that speed is the difference between life and death. Think next time before going that fast man. 145 is really fast. All it takes is for one bad bump, a blown tire, an a-hole that cuts you off and you will kill yourself and a few others. Not to mention you can get caugh by the police and locked up for a while.