Turning standard TL into type S

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2001, 05:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by FKNA
"I have a 1976 Camaro and at 120 I was scared sh1tless that it was going to turn to dust on the road"

I've also owned a Camaro, 1978 Rally Sport. 120mph was a good cruising speed for that car. If you were scared that your car was going to turn to dust, it must of been a piece of junk. The Camaro itself (older models) were a good car and could handle speeds in excess of 100mph.

And if your car wasn't a piece of junk, then you just didn't have the balls to cruise in the triple digits.
Again, you are a huge idiot. Your Rally Sport did not "cruise" at 120. It shook, rattled , and rolled without a roll cage. My car is harldy a piece of junk, but it is not a new car. Yeah, I have no balls either. I just like to live. Call me a conservative.
Old 11-29-2001, 05:48 PM
Instructor

ROFLMAO…..Polyman, you make me laugh.

Invest some money in your Camaro, you’ll be pleased with the results. Then you won’t be so scared in taking it up to 120mph.
Old 11-29-2001, 07:16 PM
Burning Brakes

cool down boyz...or the link will be closed
Old 11-29-2001, 07:50 PM
Burning Brakes

how about you just back away before you make yourself look worse eh ?
I'M making myself look worse? All I did was post an opinion that you were full of sheit. I plain don't believe you. You've mad an a$$ of yourself in previous posts...your reputation preceeds you.

I'm not here to debate whether or not you have been to Germany or whatever and driven 200. No. You posted, in my opinion, false information. I debated that and you called me a prick. That's when this started to get ugly.

Why do I keep on posting? Well if you claim it's sooooo true, then find something to back it up! If not, then I can continue to call you full of sheit, and enjoy doing it.

If you don't post anything else, hell I don't give a rats a$$. If you're gonna post then instead of sitting there and telling me how "pathetic" I am, how about finding your little proof and letting me know, mmkay?
Old 11-29-2001, 08:27 PM
Banned

ken2000ac:
"I'M making myself look worse?"
Yes, you are.

"All I did was post an opinion that you were full of sheit. I plain don't believe you."
Yes you've made the fact that you believe no one in this post emininently clear...it seems to have taken you 6-7 posts to do it but yes, I think we all realize that now.

"You've mad an a$$ of yourself in previous posts...your reputation preceeds you."
Ah yeah...the ever present "you've made an ass out of yourself before"...hmm well I guess I can say the same about you eh ken? Pretty easy thing to say if you ask me

"I'm not here to debate whether or not you have been to Germany or whatever and driven 200. No. You posted, in my opinion, false information. I debated that and you called me a prick. That's when this started to get ugly."
Actually no ken2000ac...that's not when it started to get ugly...it started to get ugly with the first time you posted, when you said "You are so full of $hit" if I recall correctly. You don't seem to have a good memory so you may want to look back and see that. It was made worse by your comment "Fvck both of you," in response to FKNA disagreeing with you, then "both of you are still full of $hit". I assume you were so pissed off because you had nothing to say whatsoever to FKNA's comment about normal cop cars going 170+. Or that you had no idea whatsoever that SoCal cops repo sports cars. Read back for that if you need to too. If that's not proof enough how about FKNA's reply to you..."if I didn't think you were a prick before, I sure the hell do now. You went on the attack against me for NO FREAKING REASON"...I think that about sums it up. You went on attack against me for no reason, saying I was full of sh!t...then you did the same to FKNA...now two people who thought nothing bad of you before both think you're a prick. So what exactly does that say?

"Why do I keep on posting? Well if you claim it's sooooo true, then find something to back it up! If not, then I can continue to call you full of sheit, and enjoy doing it."
Hey man, if that's how you get your willies you go right on ahead...most people have lives external to car forums however...I guess you're just the exception to the rule...congratulations...now I don't know about FKNA, but I don't think this childish bickering is really worth my time anymore. So you keep on being a nuisance, calling everyone a liar, and "enjoy doing it" by all means...but I won't be your audience anymore...

Austin519
Old 11-29-2001, 08:54 PM
Burning Brakes

I wonder how many other people know you are lying. You're like the little kid in elementary school who claimed his dad was world champion at something, and when I call you out, you get all pissed and throw a tantrum.

But hey thanks for pointing out all my faults. Silly me I never realized any of that great stuff you pointed out.

About the "external lives to car forums....": I thought that was humorous since you have like 3 times the post count I do but been a member for much less time. Maybe that's just me, but hey I thought it was funny.

Like I said before. I don't care if you post anything at all. I know you're lying, and you know you're lying. That's enough for me. I just think it's fun to watch you get all excited. About you and FKNA having your own opinions of me.....congratulations. I think you should have opinions. Everyone should. It doesn't bother me if either one of you think I'm a "meanie", a "nuisance", or that I call ya'lls punk a$$'s out.

All I know is that regardless of what other TL'ers think of me after this post, all that matters to me is that Joe Blow reading this thread is gonna still say, after all this arguing, "Danm, Austin IS full of sheit!!". So I sit back and smile.....

Take care b!tch.

Old 11-29-2001, 09:38 PM
Burning Brakes

That was the BEST thread I have ever read...Thanks Ken and Austin!!!
Old 11-29-2001, 10:03 PM
Banned

JLmaxR1:
You think you're funny? Huh, huh...do ya? Yeah??? Well..................

ok

Austin519
Old 11-29-2001, 10:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Not claiming to funny, but this thread was hilarious!! Don't worry, I'm Ken's best friend and I know he's an A$$!!!
Old 11-29-2001, 10:11 PM
Instructor

There was only ONE thing the Type S offered that I wanted (increased hp) and many things it had that I did NOT want. I don't like the low profile tires, the silver backed gages, preforated seats.
You and I should have gotten together! I don't need anymore HP but I want all of the above! :-)
Old 11-30-2001, 03:41 PM
Banned

I'm thinking I like this ken fellow -- how about you come to the OT and stir it up man.
Old 11-30-2001, 04:50 PM
Safety Car

Anyone thinking FKNA = Austin = complete moron? All full of

Austin,
Old 11-30-2001, 05:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Polyman...I'm there bro.

Nate....thank you. Too bad Austin "won't be an audience" anymore. I think he'd appreciate that one.

ken
Old 11-30-2001, 06:29 PM
Instructor

Nate....and all you others that don't know what it's like to travel in triple digits, there's no way in hell I can prove how fast I have gone in the past. Nor can I prove beyond a shadow of doubt how fast some police cars are. But what I can do is provide you with a few sites that will calculate top speed using different variables.

http://www.calculatorzone.com/top-speed-calculator.html

http://www.rx7turboturbo.com/robrobinette/top_speed.htm

http://www.reftools.com/reftools/Rec...tos/Autos.html

http://www.seniorsix.org/e3info/speedcalc.html

Keep in mind, there are MANY factors in which determine top speed. And these calculators will only give "theoretical" top speed of any vehicle.

So instead of kicking back, saying people are full of it....GROW SOME BALLS....take whatever it is you drive, Acura, Chevy, Ford, Lexus, etc...get out there on the road and see where you top out at.
Old 11-30-2001, 06:40 PM
Burning Brakes

This pic is of 135. No big deal, however I've topped out at 151 in my TL (very little left). I did take pictures of 151, but have yet to get it developed. You dont' have to take my word for that....I'll post the pic of 151 as soon as I can get it developed.

Balls? Oh I'm just kicking back scratchin' my balls tellin' you that you ARE full of it. That's all.

Old 11-30-2001, 06:49 PM
Instructor

Ken...you have earned the right to say that, for you have the balls to cruise 100mp+, and on top of it....had the balls to take a picture. Next time, prefocus so ya get a better picture.

Question for ya. You have seen first hand what the TL tops out at (stock). Now what do you think the car would top out at if they didn't build in that freaking governor/speed limiter? After all, you have over a 1,000 rpms before you start redlining
Old 11-30-2001, 07:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Focus will probably be even worse on the 151 pic, once it's developed. TL get a tad floaty at a buck fifty.

I know mine could have probably hit 155, the limited speed, but beyond that I feel it would be hard pressed to hit 160. I have no mods, but I keep the car well maintained. Wasn't a whole lot left in mine.

It's all speculation as to what the TL can hit. I don't know who's gone the fastest out of all of us, either, but I don't think anyone has tagged 160 yet.

Once I get my pic developed, I'll post it as a new thread.
Old 11-30-2001, 07:27 PM
Burning Brakes

I'll testify to Ken's top speed, I have raced him plenty of times out on the highway at speeds well over 130...hell, he cruises to work going that fast every morning!! I'm just waiting to get that call, "Hey Josh, I need bail money!!"
Old 11-30-2001, 08:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Fa sho.
Old 11-30-2001, 11:00 PM
f-a-b-o-l-o-u-s

You probably dont care about my opinion, but I'll give it anyway

For what it's worth, I was watching one of those Highway Patrol shows on TV and they featured this heavily modified Impala SS. This was a specially designated "Interceptor" (to hunt down drag racers and exotics) for a particular dept. in CA. Supposedly, it had an top speed in the 170-180s. They also mentioned that normal cop cars had a top speed in the 150-160 range.

I find it hard to believe that an old 1970s whatever the hell it was can top out at over 200, since Lamboghini (Pinfarina) engineers spent years in the wind tunnels to carve out a chassis that is capable of a lowly 205mph.
Old 11-30-2001, 11:03 PM
Banned

Nate:
Still mad at me about that other thread where you acted like a total d!ck to that poor guy who wanted the gauges, and I told you off about how much of a jerk you were eh? Your holding grudges and photoshopped pictures definitely look good on you...I'm sure you've gotten across in this thread, as well as the other, exactly what kind of person you are...and that's really all I have to say about you. I will have to say though...looks like you and ken have something in common. You both enter threads cussing at people and trying to start up a fight...that definitely makes you look good...

not

Austin519
Old 12-01-2001, 12:32 AM
Racer

You guys slay me. Four pages ago in this thread I asked if anyone except me had doubts about FKNA's claim that he passed a patrol car at 140mph and then "put the pedal to the metal" and lost the patrolman at an exit 18 miles later. Right. And then to find out it's supposedly in a 1970 Cutlass? (I don't care what kind, either, or what "mods" are claimed).

I had a 1974 Trans Am with the 455 ci SD. Sure, it was fast, but passing a patrol car at 140 and then losing him 18 miles later? In yer dreams.

Oops! I forgot that he had a flamethrower, an oil slick sprayer and an ejection seat.
Old 12-01-2001, 01:04 AM
Burning Brakes

My boss owns a 1970 Cutlass (among a few other things !) and there is no way in HELL that car will come even close to 200mph. He has also changed the engine from stock to one that's "slightly more powerful" built and prepared by an engine builder here in town. That car is pretty damn fast, but there's no way you'd want to drive it over 125 or so.
Old 12-01-2001, 09:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Golly, Austin....

Looks like you are outnumbered.

Who's the prick now?

Old 12-02-2001, 10:27 AM
Instructor

My2cents (and others)...."I find it hard to believe that an old 1970s whatever the hell it was can top out at over 200"

You're soooooo right....the Cutlass can't top out at 200mph. That part was total BS. I wanted to see who knew their stuff, for when I start making mods to my TL....I'll know who to listen to. I estimate the top speed of that car was in the high 160's somewhere. Speedo was 160 and I could bury the needle.

8BALL...."I had a 1974 Trans Am with the 455 ci SD. Sure, it was fast, but passing a patrol car at 140 and then losing him 18 miles later? In yer dreams.".....Here's a simple mathmatic assignment for you. If you are in a car and the top speed is 130mph and you pass a patrol car while at your top speed while the patrol car is doing 70mph and the top speed of the patrol car is 150mph, how many miles will it take before the patrol car can catch up to you. After you get done with your assignment, post the results here.

JLmax...."That car is pretty damn fast, but there's no way you'd want to drive it over 125 or so." On straight roads and gentle curves, the Cutlass SX felt a like a dream driving at high speeds, almost floating across the road. (floating because it didn't handle worth a damn and weighed a ton). And anyone that drives that particular car over 120-130mph is an idiot. Youth and stupidity goes hand in hand. I'm glad I'm past that stage of my life and survived it.....Btw, the end of my Cutlass came when I flipped it at 110mph. Weight of the car just pushed me off the road on a sharp curve.
Old 12-02-2001, 12:51 PM
Racer

8BALL...."I had a 1974 Trans Am with the 455 ci SD. Sure, it was fast, but passing a patrol car at 140 and then losing him 18 miles later? In yer dreams.".....Here's a simple mathmatic assignment for you. If you are in a car and the top speed is 130mph and you pass a patrol car while at your top speed while the patrol car is doing 70mph and the top speed of the patrol car is 150mph, how many miles will it take before the patrol car can catch up to you. After you get done with your assignment, post the results here.

Gosh, what a challenge.

First, your "assignment" can't be solved as stated, because it is incomplete. That is, you fail to specify (among other unknown variables) the rate of acceleration for the patrol car from 70 to 150 mph. But, I'll make some simplified assumptions in an effort to help you understand.

Let's assume (and this is generous, I think) that the patrol car can accelerate from 70 to 150 mph in 1 minute. Making that assumption (and assuming the cop begins his 70-150 mph acceleration at the instant you pass him travelling at 130 mph), he would be on your ass in 4.32 miles.

Gee, only 13+ more miles till your exit. Better turn on the smoke screen and flamethrower. Next question.
Old 12-02-2001, 03:48 PM
Instructor

8ball.....it's been almost 20 years since I've done algebra, and my calculation may be off a tad (so if I'm wrong, maybe the whiz kids will correct me). N E Way, let's go off your assumption that the police car will accelerate to top speed of 150mph in 1 minute. And once the patrol car is traveling at top speed, they would be covering a distance of 2.50 miles every minute. The vehicle traveling at 130mph will cover 2.16 miles ever minute....and during that minute it took the patrol car to get up to 150mph, the vehicle traveling at 130mph would of put a distance of 2.16 miles between themselves and the patrol car. There is a .34 miles per minute gain being made by the police vehicle. It will take 6.35 minutes to overcome that distance, and within that time the vechile traveling at 130mph would of traveled another 13.72 miles.

Now, that's using hypothetical tops speeds. As I already stated, I passed him doing 140mph. For arguments sake, let's say that was as fast as my car could go....let's also say he came after me (which I still don't think he attempted a pursuit). At 140mph I would of put a distance of 2.33 miles between us before he got up to top speed. And with a gain of only .17 miles per minute, it would take him 13.7 minutes to catch up, which equates to 31.93 miles before he could catch up going at a top speed of 150mph.

p.s. smoke screen and flame thrower was on a '79 For Courier.
Old 12-02-2001, 04:08 PM
Racer

FKNA:

OK, I'll correct you.

You overlook one critical fact. While you're doing 130 mph after passing the patrol car, he's not sitting still. Sure, during that 1 minute you cover 2.16 miles. But during that same minute the cop covers 1.83 miles (this assumes linear acceleration from 70-150, resulting in an average speed of 110 mph for that 1 minute).

So, during the first minute, you've gone 2.16 miles, the cop's gone 1.83 miles. Your lead is now .33 mile. He has a 20 mph advantage on you, which equates to 1 mile every 3 minutes. This means he will make up your .33 mile lead in 1 minute. Thus, it will take him only 1 more minute after he reaches 150 mph to hit your bumper. That's two minutes total (1 for him to accelerate from 70-150 while you build a lead, and 1 for him to close the gap). How far have you travelled at 130 mph during those two minutes? 4.32 miles (2.16 miles per minute).

You're toast.
Old 12-02-2001, 04:16 PM
Instructor

Yep....that's a critical part of the equation to overlook.
Old 12-02-2001, 10:35 PM
Burning Brakes

You're soooooo right....the Cutlass can't top out at 200mph. That part was total BS. I wanted to see who knew their stuff

Old 12-02-2001, 11:03 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Um...I still want to know if it's possible to turn the TL-P into a Type-S
Old 12-03-2001, 06:42 AM
Racer

Originally posted by bigman
Um...I still want to know if it's possible to turn the TL-P into a Type-S
Sure it is. It will involve making a trip to the dealer and negotiating a trade-in value for the TL-P.
Old 12-03-2001, 03:08 PM
Safety Car

Austin, you thought I actually care what you think? Ahh... isn't that sweet! Fact is, Austin is a fake ass punk who thinks he can come here and prove how bad ass he is by making up lies, then trying to play thge nice guy with pansy ass posts.

FKNA, while I respect you have kept civil in the face of insults, you lost credibility with me when Sleeper pulled your card:
It was a 1970 Cutlass Supreme SX, 455hp engine with a few mods. Slow off the line....real power didn't kick in until around 70mph.
Originally posted by Sleeper
I usually stay out of things like this but this is too hard to resist. The 1970 Cutlass SX had a 455ci engine that produced 365hp.
So my guess is you are looking up these stats online and the only place you have smoke coming out of is your ass.
Old 12-03-2001, 05:35 PM
Instructor

Nate....I wasn't attempting to become credible, but instead (as previously posted) to find out who to listen to around here. Getting the most out of a vehicle that has a carb on it is something I know how to do. But when it comes to fuel injection, vechiles with computers, etc....I don't know a damn thing. So I need to know who to listen to and who not to listen to.

I'll listen to Ken2001 for the simple reason that he likes to cruise in triple digits. I'll listen my2cents because he's someone educated on various vehicles out there. And I will also listen to 8ball, because he knows his math. Anyone that is going to take the time out to do the correct math will also take the time out doing some research prior to making any upgrades.

There's a couple of people that I will most likely NOT listen to. Polyman because he doesn't even know what his car is capable of. And we can't forget about you.....looks like you have every available mod there is out there on your car, which tells me you really don't know what does what, but who cares. You got the bucks, so let's get them all so you're covered.
Old 12-03-2001, 06:32 PM
Banned

Nate:
"Austin, you thought I actually care what you think? Ahh... isn't that sweet! Fact is, Austin is a fake ass punk who thinks he can come here and prove how bad ass he is by making up lies, then trying to play thge nice guy with pansy ass posts."

Tell me one thing that I've faked or lied about . Also show me where I'm playing the nice guy with "pansy ass posts". I get the feeling that, as I said before, you're still mad at me making you look like the jerk you are, and now you're just spouting off words because you don't really have anything useful to say...so be my guest...show me what you mean. Show me where I lied...

Austin519
Old 12-03-2001, 07:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Now now, boys and girls, let's not get testy here.....I don't want to have to close this somewhat usefull post...
Ed
Old 12-03-2001, 07:45 PM
Instructor

Shoofin....give me your Fastback and I'll have nothing but nice things to say for the rest of my life.
Old 12-03-2001, 07:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
But it's a POS....why would you want this???

Ed
P.S. Beauty is skin deep.....350+ hp deep It'll hopefully be done by summer '02
Old 12-03-2001, 08:08 PM
Safety Car

I've wasted enough breath Austin.

And we can't forget about you.....looks like you have every available mod there is out there on your car, which tells me you really don't know what does what
If your twisted logic suits you, thats cool.

Aaaaaaannnyyyway, why do you want to increase your 225hp to 260? I'm not sure what your peak hp is going to be after i/h/e but I'm sure I could take a TL-S (my AFC gains are probably negligible). Of course its going to be a close race. You should already know peak hp isn't the deciding factor if you are looking to be able to take a Type S... the only other reason I can think of to do it is bragging rights... or this was another of your moron filtering questions.
Old 12-03-2001, 08:38 PM
Banned

Nate:
"I've wasted enough breath Austin."

By that statement I'll assume you mean you have absolutely nothing to show for it eh? I mean I'd understand if you said you wasted enough breath...then shut up. But you go on to talk to FKNA for awhile. So I can only assume you're blowing hot air...don't worry Nate, I won't embarrass you further...I just wanted to know if you had any facts at all.

Austin519

Quick Reply: Turning standard TL into type S