Turn Palistine into a parking lot!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 06:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Turn Palistine into a parking lot!

Then we can hold a US TL meet there.

Did you see those sorry f&%ks celebrating?!!!! It made me sick!
Bomb them to hell!
Old 09-11-2001, 06:37 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
All I can say is that your Canadian neighbours feel your sorrow and anguish. This is a sad day and it affects us as we feel less safe due to those bastard terrorists, as well. Go get em USA. I could hardly work today.
Old 09-12-2001, 12:06 AM
Pro

Re: Turn Palistine into a parking lot!

Originally posted by ceriman
Then we can hold a US TL meet there.

Did you see those sorry f&%ks celebrating?!!!! It made me sick!
Bomb them to hell!
As much as I agree with the sentiment, we must remember that the media only showed like 50 people on those clips celebrating. Its the symbolism that they are celebrating, not the loss of life, as they experience that all the time, so they are already numb to it.

Whatever we do we need to find the party responsible and send them to he!!. ASAP
Old 09-12-2001, 12:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
omg...on cnn, when they were showing the guys celebrating... did anyone here this one guy trying to speak english and saying how this type of event should be done more often and how Americans have to go through pain and shiat?!?!?... omg... makes me mad
Old 09-12-2001, 08:56 AM
Intermediate

...and to top it all off, an idiot in Iraq said "there should have been more". Well, the USA can surely deliver "more" if that's what they want. I don't recall parties in the US streets when we were bombing during Desert Storm, do you?
Old 09-12-2001, 09:15 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
As much as I abhor killing innocent people, yesterday's events put me over the edge. If Afghanistan won't turn over Bin Laden, I say we unload so much fire power on that country that they become nothing more than an ink splotch on a world map. Same with Pakistan and anyone else who feels that yesterday's events merit "dancing in the streets".

We always show restraint, claim to be more civilized, take the moral high road.

Well I for one would like to see a down and dirty A$$ kicking, take no prisoners.

Enough is enough!
Old 09-12-2001, 09:56 AM
Cruisin'

You realise that you are as bad as them with what you are saying? It was not the entire country that did this, it was a terrorist act. There were several people involved but not an entire nation. yes, it made me sick to see people celebrating at the massive loss of life but you are propogating the same by saying "turn Palistine into a parking lot". Will you not celebrate when the people who have done this come to justice?

It pains me that those in the US turn a cheek when they are criticized by other countries for what they are doing or how they live but will go ahead and attack, bomb etc. another because they are "defending freedom" in a country that is different. A little ironic when it turns around isn't it?
Old 09-12-2001, 09:56 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Scorched Earth Policy

Dude,

After taking in all the tons of news info about this nightmare, I've changed my opinion a bit about the "handling" of this situation...

There's no need to find the EXACT people responsible for the attack...let's just take out ALL known terrorist factions and if the countries harboring them don't help us out...level them, too! America needs to show that it is even CRAZIER than the terrorists! By doing that...people will think long and hard before trying this **** again!

This is not the perfect time for civility.
Old 09-12-2001, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally posted by catcher
You realise that you are as bad as them with what you are saying? It was not the entire country that did this, it was a terrorist act. There were several people involved but not an entire nation. yes, it made me sick to see people celebrating at the massive loss of life but you are propogating the same by saying "turn Palistine into a parking lot". Will you not celebrate when the people who have done this come to justice?

It pains me that those in the US turn a cheek when they are criticized by other countries for what they are doing or how they live but will go ahead and attack, bomb etc. another because they are "defending freedom" in a country that is different. A little ironic when it turns around isn't it?
See the following quote from bin Laden on the CNN site:

"I am not involved in this actions in New York and Washington, but I support these actions. I see them as a reaction against the oppressor," he said in a written statement. It went on to add: "When the innocent people were killed in Palestine, why were the people of America silent?"

From my perspective the US has never blown up innocent people or harbored terrorists. You might question our foreign policy or the fact that we don't always speak up when we should, but that does not compare with these terrorist attacks.

No once was more against the loss of innocent life than I was, but this is too much.

Dust off the CRUISE missles. Anyone harboring these terrorists better turn them over. If not, lock, load, and unleash.

I'm not going to argue foreign policy anymore.
Old 09-12-2001, 10:44 AM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys, I share your views in some ways but right now it's no the time to be basing these Palestenians. Please realize that some of these people are uneducated and don't know better and they were brought up this way. It's kinda like a 10 year old boy raised by a KKK father, the kid is not to blame, but the father is. As far as that comment made by that other terrorist f@ck about they support these action, well he needs to be shot. And yes, I agree, I think we need to send a message out to all the terrorists that we don't tolerate this BS.

Let's focus on trying to help our neighbors for now.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:02 AM
Cruisin'

I quote:"From my perspective the US has never blown up innocent people or harbored terrorists"

Really??In WWII the US fire bombed (Napalm) Tokyo and thousands of innocent people were killed and burned. Hmmm, I seem to remember about, um, TWO NUCLEAR BOMBS that were dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima that might have caused a bit of damage to some civilians. Let's not forget the recent Gulf war and the civilian casualties incured. Perhaps I should also mention Viatnam... the list goes on. Try to see past what the media tells you.

I agree that these terrorist acts are evil and almost unstoppable due to the ability to infiltrate into the population but I do not beleive that an entire population has to pay for it. Those that are involved, I have no mercy for them, they deserve what they get.

The problem is the next step. Let's say the US goes after Bin Laden and the Taliban (for harboring him) and they bomb the shiat out of Afghanistan. Then what? Afghanistan's allied nations jump in and then you have gone from one country to many (including Russia, Iraq, perhaps Pakistan (who also have nukes) and they retaliate. Ego's get in the way and nobody will back down. Do you see where this can lead? Do you remember the Cuban missille crisis? That was as close as we have come to a nuclear engagement, in my opinion we are closer now.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:09 AM
Advanced

The fact remains that we still do not know who did this. It may not be Palestenians at all. bin Laden isnt even Palestinian. It could be the Iraqis.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:13 AM
Cruisin'

The proposal, put forward by NATO Secretary-General George Robertson, would call for support of Article Five of the alliance's charter, which is the basic reason for NATO's existence.

It spells out the requirement that if one of NATO's members is attacked, all its allies would defend it.

One official put it this way: "A hit for one is a hit for all."

This is a quote from CNN and explains what I was talking about above. Everyone gets involved, hence anpossible Wold War. Let's hope it does not come to that.
Old 09-12-2001, 12:34 PM
Banned

Really??In WWII the US fire bombed (Napalm) Tokyo and thousands of innocent people were killed and burned. Hmmm, I seem to remember about, um, TWO NUCLEAR BOMBS that were dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima that might have caused a bit of damage to some civilians. Let's not forget the recent Gulf war and the civilian casualties incured. Perhaps I should also mention Viatnam... the list goes on. Try to see past what the media tells you.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki were horrible events and if you follow history, I believe that Japan was warned about what might happen, but no matter, it was horrible and is a lesson to all of us. Nuclear weapons were new to us and I don't even think we new what the ramifications would have been.

As for Vietnam, the problem there was that it was difficult to determine who was the enemy and who were civilians. There were seven year olds walking around with guns, but it was in the context of war. I won't defend it and say it was right, but it was under different circumstances.

You are off on the Gulf War. I believe the US went out of it's way to avoid civilian casualties, but when you have Hussein using his own civilians as human shields, you have to wonder how much can be avoided. Were mistakes made? Of course, but every effort was made to avoid civilian targets, but as we know, this is of small consolation to the families.

The events from yesterday did not occur out of ignorance. They new what was going to happen and who they were doing it to. If the attack was against a military symbol, then you can rationalize, but to PURPOSELY single out mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters?

I stand behind my original statement.

Let's just say we can agree to disagree.
Old 09-12-2001, 01:33 PM
Cruisin'

Ok, I'll agree to disagree but I am slightly dissapointed because this was a very interesting debate (without being nasty nontheless).

Let's hope for the best.