The Truth About Plastic Fake Wood

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 02:18 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taste in music...

Well, Tea Elle,
It seems that almost everybody slammed you for your post regarding people's lack or abundance of taste.

Therefore, I'll have to give you some slack so that you don't feel completely alienated on this board. I know that we share the same taste in music (Southern Rock/Blues) and apparantely we share the same taste in car interiors as well. I do completely agree with you in that I personally don't care for the bowling ball trim on the steering wheel, etc. I also agree that if it's not real woodgrain, I'd just as soon pass on it. I have real burlwood in my 94 Camry and it does far surpass the fake wood in the new Acura. I also completely relate to the tacky people that you were referring to in your post.

However, I have to agree that this isn't the place to start stereotyping them, although it is true in a lot of cases. I try to steer clear of these "tacky people", because the remind me too much of MY childhood. My father used to buy 1960s Chevrolet Bel-airs and tape a third tail light on the back so that he could pretend he had bought an Impala... It used to embarrass me to be seen getting out of the car going to school. Contrary to your theory, I have developed class and taste, dispite my upbringing. My dad is still buying used GM junk, and I just bought a new TLS... How's that for irony?

I like to keep as far away from K-mart as I can, But I don't want to talk about it here, for fear of coming off arrogant. Arrogant people are just as obnoxious as tacky people are disgusting.

Don't know what point I'm trying to make except that we all know which category of crowd we hang with, and the bottom line is that it doesn't matter here on-line. Half of the people that we make as cyber friends, we wouldn't give the time of day to in real life... So unless somebody personally calls me an A$$hole on-line, I'll continue to give them all the leeway and support that I can.

Go crank some Allman Bros or some Stones and "Get yer Ya-Yas out"! ....pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name....
Old 03-23-2002, 11:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

LOL! Wow, those are some strong feelings you have, sir. I'm pretty much in the Live-And-Let-Live crowd. Sure, I read about and see stuff folks have done to their cars and go, "No WAY would I do that!" But that's ok, I just compliment them on completing their task. No need to incite a riot or flame the poor dude.

But I'm also old enough not to be worried about your opinion of "people like me." I bought the (fake) burlwood steering wheel and the (fake) wood vent trim because I liked how it looked. I didn't think about my Mom or Dad... or even the other members of this board. Nope, it was a completely selfish decision. Saw it at the dealership and ordered it from Snook.

And since I'm the one paying the bills and climbing into the driver's seat each day, I'm able to laugh at your post. I took it with a grain of salt... just as you meant for me to.

So, I'm glad you feel better! Hey, I do too! Now you'll have to excuse me... I need to go polish my fake wood interior.

V. (signature posted with pride!)

(Now where's that post on how to 'slam' my car... and, oooh, that huge metal wing is da bomb, gotta get one of those... hmm, wonder if Snook sells 'wood' pinstriping? Mental note: look for Burlwood brake & accellerator pedals... Oh yeah, a New Product idea: Burlwood rear-view mirror trim! Note to Realtor: I want to move next door to Tea Elle... except I want burlwood siding on my house!..)
Old 03-23-2002, 12:20 PM
Banned

Damn that was fun to read VP!! I just picture Tea Elle just shrinking in size, just like in the cartoons (that we low-class, dregs of society like to watch)
Old 03-23-2002, 01:27 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
It seems that Tea Elle comes onto this board every few months, insults and then goes away. BTW, one of the reasons I did not get the TL-S is I hate the BB trim, and I could only get the BB trim with the desired black interior. Also, placing that trim kit everywhere is awful. I really believe a brushed aluminum trim would look good, especially with the black interior. Now my tastes differ from many people, so if you like the full trim, I guess thats why its availiable, and there must be demand.

Tea Ella, you should shut up and stop bothering other board members by suggesting their families must be fvcked up if they choose this trim. You must be from some rich family and you think you are above many. Hammerhead alert.
Old 03-23-2002, 01:38 PM
Intermediate

Tea Elle..Fvck You! who the hell are you kid thinking that your better than people because they put black wood on there dash and you don't. I would kick your motherfvcking ass if you said something like that in my face. You hide behind a thread and talk sh!t, but your no more than a little pu$$y. It's people like you that plague our society and keep america from growing. We are all a little dumber for reading this sh!t. Thanks Prick! Hope you come to Chicago one day, i'd love to see you talk your **** here.
Old 03-24-2002, 01:33 PM
Banned

I just wanna say FVCK you tea elle, you seem like a cock sucker.

Why don't you go get some D!ck fool
Old 03-24-2002, 01:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Everyone else managed to post posts without straight out flames and profanities till these last two posts.

HenryT this is your first warning.

TypeS you have been warned already in the past, but obviously you choose to ignore those warnings. What are you 16? Because you act like an immature idiot. Yoi post crapp like this and then cry you are being unfairly singled out when in actuality you single yourself with beautiful posts like this.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:18 PM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I personally don't care for the fake wood trim...but I can't think of anything else that would look as good with the Parchment interior. If having plastic wood in your car bothers you that much, you can have some real wood inlays custom made.

You can't expect Acura to put in real wood b/c it's too expensive...heck, even the '98 Infiniti Q45 (Infiniti's flagship sedan) had fake wood. Now if Rolls Royce, Bentley, Jaguar, BMW, or M-B (upper-end models for the last 3) started putting in fake wood, then there would be a problem.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:50 PM
Retired MOD

Originally posted by HenryT
Tea Elle..Fvck You! who the hell are you kid thinking that your better than people because they put black wood on there dash and you don't. I would kick your motherfvcking ass if you said something like that in my face. You hide behind a thread and talk sh!t, but your no more than a little pu$$y. It's people like you that plague our society and keep america from growing. We are all a little dumber for reading this sh!t. Thanks Prick! Hope you come to Chicago one day, i'd love to see you talk your **** here.
I would say in your face a 1000 times. What the **** are you going to do. oh please you think you are all bad now. Who in **** do you think you are. You are a little pu$$y too, trying to be bad behind a thread. People like you need to grow up. If I go to chicago, what are you going to do? ****ing idiot.

The blackwood trim if ugly plain and simple.
Old 03-24-2002, 05:46 PM
Instructor

Everyone else managed to post posts without straight out flames and profanities till these last 4 posts.

Bitium this is your first warning.
Old 03-24-2002, 06:32 PM
Intermediate

Sometimes I am arrogant, egotistical, opinionated and impatient....
Tea Elle: based on the above comments you would lead me to believe that you must be a surgeon?
Old 03-24-2002, 07:05 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Mr Hyde
Everyone else managed to post posts without straight out flames and profanities till these last two posts.

HenryT this is your first warning.

TypeS you have been warned already in the past, but obviously you choose to ignore those warnings. What are you 16? Because you act like an immature idiot. Yoi post crapp like this and then cry you are being unfairly singled out when in actuality you single yourself with beautiful posts like this.
What are you talking about. Everybody talks trash in this forums Including Mods.

Heres a quite from a mod who posted above me "You are a little pu$$y too"

You mods and administrators just don't like me because i think that the infiniti G35 is better than the acura tls. You guys are watching me like a scavenger just waiting for a reason to b!tch at me an wanting to ban me. You think that i am a little kid and don't see right through you guys. Give me a break you power tripped out mod. Go ahead an ban me if it makes you feel better, But guess what the Infiniti G35 will still be a better car.

We all know that peoples opinions are not well received here.

All together now, the acura tls is the best damn car ever made. Happy now:yack:
Old 03-24-2002, 07:13 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by TypeSAcura

What are you talking about. Everybody talks trash in this forums Including Mods.

You mods and administrators just don't like me because i think that the infiniti G35 is better than the acura tls. You guys are watching me like a scavenger just waiting for a reason to b!tch at me an wanting to ban me. You think that i am a little kid and don't see right through you guys. Give me a break you power tripped out mod. Go ahead an ban me if it makes you feel better, But guess what the Infiniti G35 will still be a better car.

We all know that peoples opinions are not well received here.

All together now, the acura tls is the best damn car ever made. Happy now:yack:
Go ahead dude, pet the gator. BTW, the back end of the G35, just like any present Nissan product is all fvcked up. However, somehow the Altimas back end works for me, but not the Maxima and especially the G35. Ewwwwwwwww
Old 03-24-2002, 07:54 PM
Who Needs a Type-S?

Now this is a first, a mod re-opening a thread closed by another mod. Oh well now's a chance for me to get my 2 cents in.

tea elle, get a freaking life. What the hell does blackwood trim have to do with people's upbringing?? If you talked that nonsense to my face i'd slap you silly as well. Now that isnt the most mature way to deal with a problem but some idiots just need to have common sense pounded into them.

Now i think the blackwood trim is fine, personally havingit all over the dash looks retarded..like anyone really thinks the radio is made from wood...too gaudy in my opinion but if you have it, that's your problem and not mine.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:12 PM
Racer

Originally posted by TuRb0MiKeY
Now this is a first, a mod re-opening a thread closed by another mod. Oh well now's a chance for me to get my 2 cents in.

tea elle, get a freaking life. What the hell does blackwood trim have to do with people's upbringing?? If you talked that nonsense to my face i'd slap you silly as well. Now that isnt the most mature way to deal with a problem but some idiots just need to have common sense pounded into them.

Now i think the blackwood trim is fine, personally havingit all over the dash looks retarded..like anyone really thinks the radio is made from wood...too gaudy in my opinion but if you have it, that's your problem and not mine.
I could not have said it better myself.

Tea elle your post is probably the most judgemental thing I've read on the forum. It's one thing to say you think the BB trim looks tacky, but it's pretty ****ed up to belittle someone's upbringing because they like the BB trim. I personally don't like the BB trim, but if you belitted my upbringing to my face from such a stupid observation I would probably stab you in the eye. I'm not even a violent person. By belittling a person's upbringing, you belittle their parents. Anyway, I'm now like the 100th person to say this so you don't even care anymore.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:16 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Bitium

I would say in your face a 1000 times. What the **** are you going to do. oh please you think you are all bad now. Who in **** do you think you are. You are a little pu$$y too, trying to be bad behind a thread. People like you need to grow up. If I go to chicago, what are you going to do? ****ing idiot.

The blackwood trim if ugly plain and simple.
#1 You need to stay out of grown folks business
#2 My beef wasn't with you and
#3 You've seemed to have missed the point.

I don't care if anybody in this world likes blackwood trim, my point is that Tea Ella is a prejudice bastard and that his comments about how people are raised determines whether or not that person is going to like black trim wood are ridiculous and affending. I think he is stereotyping people and discriminating against them based on whether or not he approves of something. So Bitium, if you want to back him up then so be it. While your at it, just don't forget to wear your bed sheet and big cone hat. Remember, it was people like Tea Ella that remind us of 9/11 (people who discriminate against others based on their likes and dislikes). If you want to be prejudice than you have the right to do so, but don't broadcast it to the world and not expect some kind of response. If you don't like what i said than oh well, deal with it.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:37 PM
Banned

I dont know why this thread is starting to turn into a shouting match between everyone else?!?!
Are the opinions of a kid, who probably cant even wash his own a$$ by himself, really worth getting your blood pressure up?
Old 03-24-2002, 08:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Actually I locked and reopened this thread on my own while I cleaned up some things. Looks like I may close it up or delete it permanently if this continues this way.

Bitium, no profanities in this forum.

TypeS you are not liked simply because of who you are which is conveyed in your posts. Its not what you post, but how you do it. Prime example in OT forum the post about priests being celibate. Here is your reply. "All I can say is catholic priest should not be trusted. They are all sick in the head. The love to suck on little boys D!cks. God Damn them"

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, but in expressing it you have as much tact and class as a mentally retarded horses ass on crack. For the most part people here like to have intelligent rational conversations/discussions, you choose flames, potshots and profanities. Guess what thats not tolerated here. People like you who own a TL-S make me ashamed that I have anything in common with you, much less something like the car we drive. One of the things I liked about the TL-S was that it was a classy performer. You convey as much class as the daily trailer park cast on the Jerry Springer show.

I can say this 50x but it isnt getting through your head. The dislike that so many members have for you has zero to do with the G35. I mean the car isnt even out yet, who cares. Its not what you say, but how you say it. Do you think you are the only member to criticize the TL??? Please? There are and have been plenty members who did that, but they were able to do so without the flames and profanities. You still dont get it do you?. I dont know why Im bothering wasting my time. Its like trying to teach a Chimp Organic chemistry. Even if you do eventually get it, it may be too late for you by

Everyone else CHILL OUT!!!!!
Old 03-24-2002, 10:49 PM
Retired MOD

Originally posted by sniper5
Everyone else managed to post posts without straight out flames and profanities till these last 4 posts.

Bitium this is your first warning.
Oh please give me a break.
Old 03-24-2002, 10:59 PM
Retired MOD

#1 You need to stay out of grown folks business
#2 My beef wasn't with you and
#3 You've seemed to have missed the point.
I know it wasn't agains me.

I don't care if anybody in this world likes blackwood trim, my point is that Tea Ella is a prejudice bastard and that his comments about how people are raised determines whether or not that person is going to like black trim wood are ridiculous and affending.
I agree and I told him no to do that.

I think he is stereotyping people and discriminating against them based on whether or not he approves of something. So Bitium, if you want to back him up then so be it. While your at it, just don't forget to wear your bed sheet and big cone hat. Remember, it was people like Tea Ella that remind us of 9/11 (people who discriminate against others based on their likes and dislikes). If you want to be prejudice than you have the right to do so, but don't broadcast it to the world and not expect some kind of response. If you don't like what i said than oh well, deal with it.
I had no problem with your comments. I was just trying to tell you that no one is affraid of you that I would tell you in your face if I need it too. If you had posted this instead of what you posted before, I wouldn't had said anything.
Old 03-24-2002, 11:03 PM
Retired MOD

Originally posted by TypeSAcura

You mods and administrators just don't like me because i think that the infiniti G35 is better than the acura tls.

Oh please. You are going to use my only bad comment in this forum to make you feel that you are not the only one that talks trash.

I like the G35. I actually test drove it the other day. Very nice car, just very ugly.
Old 03-25-2002, 10:03 AM
Safety Car

Re: The Truth About Plastic Fake Wood

Originally posted by tea elle
I'd like to do my best to put an end to this discussion and hopefully avoid the need for any future debate...

These kits that consist of blackwood/marble plastic that are meant to be applied throughout your dashboard and steering wheel are completely and unequivocably tasteless. If you are someone who likes theway it looks, my sympathy to you and the family who raised you for not knowing any better. However, you need to realize that it is very cheap looking and represents a desperate attempt to emulate cars like Mercedes and Lexus that are adorned with real wood trim througout. Not to mention someone who replaces perfectly good leather on their steering wheel with plastic fake wood...unbelievable!!!

This may incite some debate...but you are either tacky, or you have taste. It has more to do with how you were raised, and who your family is, than with what you aspire to become.

Do you know any people who put aftermarket tail lights on their civics and accords to make their cars look like something they aren't? They are common people who make distorted and pointless investments in their cars. Pathetic as it is, they represent a significant portion of our society. There are the same people who probably buy living room/bedroom sets at Wickes Furniture or Levitts, and bookcases at IKEA. They are not bad people necessarily, they just don't know any better.

This is the world we live in, and you know who you are. To those of you who try too hard, I say this: Seek professional help. Nobody gives a darn about what you drive or what the back side of your vehicle looks like. If you need to be noticed in this way, you have severe self-esteem issues.

I sincerely hope my feelings and opinions help bring closure to this topic once and for all. I hope you can all take this post in the spirit it is intended... to share the truth with all who will listen. I haven't posted for a while, but when I checked into the website today and saw this being discussed AGAIN, I had to relieve myself of these feelings. I feel much, much better now. Thank you.
HERE HERE!~!!!!

Everyone always b!tched at me for b!tching about the cheap plastic sh!t called "wood" in our cars
Old 03-25-2002, 10:04 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by hemants
LMAO @ iceman.

Who needs more therapy, someone who accepts a car with fake wood that looks good or someone that puts real granite in their interior, pays through their nose for it, and adds 50lbs of weight to a performance sedan?

You get what you pay for and fake wood is better than no trim IMHO.

If you don't like it, pay the extra for real stuff.

While you're at it you may as well replace your synthetic fibre floor mats with hand made Persian rugs

P.S. This is all meant to be taken as light humour
No, I'd take none --because then an aftermarket kit with REAL wood would exist (not add on fake crap)
Old 03-25-2002, 01:11 PM
Instructor

Angry

And the award for stupidest post goes to none other then TEA ELLE, did you post this just to stir people up. Well it looks like it worked we are now to the 4th page of stupid bull$hit. No one gives a rats A$$ WHAT YOU THINK!! Reading this post was the biggest waste of my time. I should bill you! Like the int. or dont. But dont try to push your opinoins on everyone else!!!! A$$HOLE!!!
Old 03-25-2002, 02:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Exclamation

BlueBYU is right.. this topic is a big waste of time. That's why I'm going to close it. I left it open this whole time b/c I wanted to see where it would go, and unfortunately it went the way I figured it would... personal attacks and flames. No room for that on here. I think everyone who wanted to had a chance to air their opinion on the wood trim, so there's really no need for this to stay open.....