Total Auto Care For Your Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 06:22 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Total Auto Care For Your Car

OK This is a compilation of different posts from another Thread I Started in a Diff Forum So Dont Think Im a IDIOT..

I Was Wondering Whats The Best Way To Clean A Car? Like From The Beginning? Do you start by taking to a car wash or should I get a bucket and do it myself.. also what type of brush do I use to clean the car?? Afterwards what type of towel do I use to dry? What do I use to wax?? or is that what u call it? I mean after I Clean the car and stuff i have to wax it and stuff so whats the best product... All in All im Asking what materials to use,: Micro Fiber Towel? Turtle Wax? Orbital Buffer? Cheap Car Wash Shampoo? take It to Car Wash? Tire and Chrome Cleaner? Leather Cleaner?? Thanks For the Help..

How Often you Wax?? What About THat Clay Bar Stuff.. How about the polish stuff and Paint seal or something... How much does it cost you.. and also what do you use like a bucket and dilute car wash stuff and water? and you clean your tires with this too? like you dont get special tire cleaner or chrome polisher? also what about interior? if you have leather what type of leather cleaner you use?? what else you vacuum inside and do you ever shampoo? Just wonderin wanna get opinion, I know i sound like im an idiot but just curious what other people think of doin to there cars the more thoughts i have the better i can conclude what to use THANKS A LOT THOUGH!

How Often You Wax? How Often Do You Clean.. How much did all this cost.. I want a general opinion of your order of doing things.. like you first do tires or what.. also what do you do dilute the car wash in water in a bucket clean the car with a mitt or some type of 100% cotton towel. than you hose it off with water.. do you use a special type of nozzle or what.. like i thought if its too fast it will wear off the paint faster.. also than you dry with 100% cotton towel or what?? THan you wax and polish and etc? I would have more questions but I cant think about anything if I Do i will post again Thanks

PS: I Heard not to use Ammonia on Glass with Tint or tint goes bad like so I cant use Windex...

THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION I HAVE IS: WHere Can I Clean My Car..?? Like I Live in a apartment with parking and no garage? So where can I go to clean it.. I dont wanna stand in the parking lot with a bucket...
Old 10-09-2002, 06:47 PM
Burning Brakes

*cough,search, cough* excuse me. *cough, FAQ, cough* dam allergies.
Old 10-09-2002, 06:50 PM
Race Director

Yes I have searched Lots of places but I want opinions of what all you people use out there.. there are so many brands Please Help

BTW im talking to clean a brand new car..

And Also how long after getting a brand new car should I wax?

What is Zaino? I have heard about it a lot.. WHere can I get it..
Old 10-09-2002, 07:02 PM
Burning Brakes

FAQ

That should basically answer all your question, if not hit NSXNEXt (our detailing god) or me with a PM. We'll try our best, but atleast search a little.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:43 PM
Race Director

Thanks a lot some questions I have is if I live in a apartment where should I clean the car...

Also where do I get Zaino PRoducts and why does everyone USE ONLY ZAINO?? its like saying putting all Sony TV"s in your house why??? like they make everything??? like no meguairs use or anything/??
Old 10-09-2002, 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

PPL use other stuff besides Zaino. But Zaino Is the best for most of deatiling. There are some better stuff to use for inerior cleaneres and wheel cleans, but as far as was/polmyer goes you cant beat it.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:01 AM
Drifting

try this forum... www.autopia.ws
Old 10-10-2002, 01:23 PM
Pro

I think a good rule of thumb is waxing 4 times a year. I live in an apt. complex also, and am too lazy to wash my own car even though we have a parking lot, so I usually go to a hand car wash for like $10-$15 then drive home and polish & wax it myself. I put lexol on the seats a couple of times a year as well. Zaino looks great but I thought it would be too time consuming for me, so I use the Mothers wax & polish, which is pretty good. Also, since I have a silver car, when I'm reaaallllyy lazy, I wash only the rims & polish the tires & the entire car looks clean even though its still filthy.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:36 PM
Pro

its all about <a href = "http://www.ibiz-inc.com/"> IBIZ </a>
better than zaino in my opinion
Old 10-10-2002, 01:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

i wash about once every two weeks, and dust the car down everyday.

use mothers cleaner and polished with meguairs electric buffer.

waxing goes so fastr and smoothly. what a difference in using a machine and doing it by hand.

by had takes about 25 mins to apply, with buffer about 10 mins