toronto members i need your advice.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Resident Troll.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
toronto members i need your advice.....

i was just curious which acura dealership you would recomend in the GTA for service work.....

i normally take my tl-s into Markham acura because it is not too far from my place and their service is alright. the only thing that gets me is that i always walk out with a stupid EL as a loaner....

is there a better place than Markham acura?!?!?!? I heard they can be a little tight when it comes to warrnty work. anyone have and experience with that before?
Old 05-04-2004, 06:35 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you get a loaner that's pretty good!

I take mine to Downtown Acura but then again, I work downtown so it's convenient.

I've heard that North toronto Acura ppl are a bit arrogant.

Definately avoid Terrace Gate - they are slimy used car salesmen that lie to your face.

As long as the work u are getting done is good then I wouldn't worry about the quality of the loaner.

When I used to take my A4 in I would get VW golf's as loaners...yukk..
Old 05-04-2004, 08:15 AM
Intermediate

I take my to Sherway Acura, got my tranny replaced there too when it went about 1 year ago. They been good to me...
Old 05-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Advanced

Stay away from Sterne Acura.. purchased my car there and I get better service the places listed below.. These guys are scum .. stay away from Stern Acura!

Woodbine Acura has been honest and good ...... I take my TL to Formula Honda for regular maintence stuff.. oil changes .. 96km service etc..
Old 05-04-2004, 10:26 AM
Advanced

Happy With Acura Sherway

I have been to Acura of North Toronto, Downtown Acura, Terrace Gate Acura, Acura on Brant, Parkway Honda and Toronto Honda. Frankly, I was most satisfied with Sam Diab of Acura Sherway. The Honda dealers have also been very good as well. Honda stores will not do waranty service however. They will change your oil and allign your car for less than an Acura dealership.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 633 Likes on 281 Posts
take your car to Toyota Woodbine, and ask for Earl to work on it.

Earl used to be the head tech at Acura Woodbine, and is the only person to have ever touched, and worked on my car. he is the best.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Team Inspire Canada

Acura Woodbine
Old 05-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hemants
If you get a loaner that's pretty good!

I take mine to Downtown Acura but then again, I work downtown so it's convenient.

I've heard that North toronto Acura ppl are a bit arrogant.

Definately avoid Terrace Gate - they are slimy used car salesmen that lie to your face.

As long as the work u are getting done is good then I wouldn't worry about the quality of the loaner.

When I used to take my A4 in I would get VW golf's as loaners...yukk..

My experiences so far:

1.6 EL bought and serviced at D/T Acura. Service rep Alan Tam took care of me like he owed me a favor. Me and my car was well taken care of....until Alan left before I bought my 03 Type-S.

Now it seems that most of my trips for warranty repairs on the Type-S (much more frequent than the EL) is a pain the the butt. They couldn't resolve my brake problem (at 5,500 kms) until the chief mechanic, Raj intervened and fixed the darned rear rotors.

I took a TL-S rim to Terrace Gate (close to my house) for the warranty repair on the crappy Michelin tire. A service rep named Syed was nice and very decent. He even gave me follow up calls. When I was picking up my rim, a young fella barged out of the garage area and started spewing how their equipment sucks, and that they shouldn't even be working on 17-inch rims. Needless to say, my rims were damaged from them unmounting the original tire. They fixed the rims and repainted/ clearcoated it but the blemishes were still visible. I will never go back there again.

I've never been to Acura in Markham, my mom takes her car there though, and swears by them.