Took a piece out of the curb with my wheel today!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 03:46 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Took a piece out of the curb with my wheel today!!

Dammit!! I already had a scar on my rear right wheel from a paralle parking mishap.. now, today on the way to the office, I took a right into a row in the parking lot.. one that I've never taken before.. for some reason, today, i decided to.. but sure enough when I took that turn, my rear wheel hit the curb sticking out..
When I parked and looked at the wheel, there was this chunk of the curb stuck where the tire meets the wheel..

It hit pretty hard, I guess I took the turn a bit too sharp.. I don't care tha much about the wheel itself as I'm hoping to change them in a couple years.. what I'm worried about is the alignment for the rear wheels..

Anyone have this experience?
Old 06-22-2001, 03:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't really help you on that...sorry....i've had the parallel parking problem...GRR! Sorry to hear man!

------------------
Naples gold 00' TL
  • Mugen exhaust
  • comptech drop-in
99' TEG GSR
  • AEM CAI
  • Painted Electron blue
Old 06-22-2001, 03:57 PM
Instructor

Unhappy

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Comptech Exhaust
Comptech Filter
Piaa 1700x
H&R sport springs
18" C2's coming in July..
Old 06-22-2001, 04:37 PM

You really should at least get that wheel rebalanced. Putting that much damage into a wheel may throw the balance off so much that it won't be safe to have as many weights as will be necessary to rebalance it. Also, since you won't be replacing the wheels for a couple of years, keep an eye on the wheel for cracks over time. Sharp dings in a wheel are a perfect site for fatigue stresses to start cracking it.
Old 06-22-2001, 07:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dont feel bad I hit a damn tv. I am just getting over that.
Old 06-22-2001, 07:30 PM
Safety Car

Yeah at least you didn't hit a TV.

I don't know about you guys, but when I park I manually tilt my mirrors and I don't move the car unless I can see both the curb and my wheels!

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.natestl.com/images/sigs/big/sig5big.jpg" TARGET=_blank> </A>
www.NatesTL.com 2001 Silver TL (non-navi). Mods: 19x8.0 +47 Alstadt Legart (IV) w/ Yokohama AVS Sport 235/35ZR19 - SuperCrystal lug nuts - Inspire wood steering wheel - Inspire tails - 2 burlwood dash kits & shift knob - TL-S AC wood trim - Alumapro BP-10 sub & ZX400TI Phoenix Gold amp - Python 1500 ESP (remote start, all windows up & down, sunroof closes, prox, etc) - Varad blue alarm LEDs - Factory spoiler & body kit - Mugen grill w/ custom mesh - Black chrome emblems - Solaris 9005 high beams - AEM short ram intake - Comptech sways, springs, headers & exhaust - Apex'i V-AFC w/ custom sunglass holder install - All season mats - Polarg front signals, license plate, trunk & map lights - MiniMax dome light - Crossdrilled rotors - Axxis Metal Master brake pads - Inspire door rails - Denso iridium spark plugs.

------------------
"Deadly to the eyes, worth seeing."