TL Security System: Need Help pls!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy TL Security System: Need Help pls!

Hello,

I need some help TLers, My stock security system won't work properly. Before it would work normal, by pressing the remote to lock the doors twice the horn would beep. Just the other day I got my oil changed and I realized that when i push the lock button its locking the doors but the lights don't flash and the horn does not beep. Its as if a door is opened but its not. I checked the manual and it said that if the hood or any door is not properly closed it will not arm the alarm... but i checked everything and i have no clue as to why it is not working... I really need some help from you guys because i want to avoid going the dealership because my warranty is up and they will charge me an arm and a leg for such a small thing.

thanks alot for your replies...

TL_RACER
Old 03-24-2003, 05:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well the other nite my light wont flash when i press the lock button because i left the trunk open. But you said everything was close so there has to be something wrong with it.
Try checking agian on all the doors and trunk and hood.

Our security lock is strange. in the manual, it said you shuold hear two beeps when you use the remote and have it set to the momory seat, after openning the door. Sometime i hear, sometime i dun. Anyone else notice this?
Old 03-24-2003, 06:41 PM
Instructor

Had the same thing when my car was fixed from an accident, and he had to send it to the dealer because we couldn't figure it out.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:04 PM
l33t

Re: TL Security System: Need Help pls!

Originally posted by TL_RACER
Hello,

I need some help TLers, My stock security system won't work properly. Before it would work normal, by pressing the remote to lock the doors twice the horn would beep. Just the other day I got my oil changed and I realized that when i push the lock button its locking the doors but the lights don't flash and the horn does not beep. Its as if a door is opened but its not. I checked the manual and it said that if the hood or any door is not properly closed it will not arm the alarm... but i checked everything and i have no clue as to why it is not working... I really need some help from you guys because i want to avoid going the dealership because my warranty is up and they will charge me an arm and a leg for such a small thing.

TL_RACER
This is actually really simple known problem. Heres the deal. The alarm will lock the dorrs but not arm if the hood or tunk is open, right? There is a switch under the hood that tells the system the hood is clodes. yours is bad its dealer time. this actually happens more than you think. my buddie at my dealership says they see it all the time.

Originally posted by this is me
well the other nite my light wont flash when i press the lock button because i left the trunk open. But you said everything was close so there has to be something wrong with it.
Try checking agian on all the doors and trunk and hood.

Our security lock is strange. in the manual, it said you shuold hear two beeps when you use the remote and have it set to the momory seat, after openning the door. Sometime i hear, sometime i dun. Anyone else notice this?
This one is simple too. Alot of people wonder about this. Heres the scoop:

The remote send the signal to the car to unlock and move the seat back to memory position 1. The seat moves back and you hear the double beep after its done. Now lets say your seat is already in memory 1, no one moved it. The double beep happend the instant you unlock the car. obvioisly you wont hear it since the door is still closed cause you still reaching your hand out to open it bu the time the double beep is done sounding.

Try this:

Move the seat all the way back. Then unlock the car and open the door. as soon as the seat returns to the memory position according to your remote, you will hear the double beep. Obvisouly by that time it took the seat to move all the way back up youve already opened the door so you can hear the double beep. good stuff mystery solved!

-Shear
Old 03-24-2003, 07:34 PM
Racer

this isnt for 99TLs tho rite..cuz i dont have this double beep stuff..or memory seats..
Old 03-24-2003, 08:40 PM
l33t

'99-'01 TL's dont have it...
Old 03-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Safety Car

Re: Re: TL Security System: Need Help pls!

Originally posted by Darkshear

This one is simple too. Alot of people wonder about this. Heres the scoop:

The remote send the signal to the car to unlock and move the seat back to memory position 1. The seat moves back and you hear the double beep after its done. Now lets say your seat is already in memory 1, no one moved it. The double beep happend the instant you unlock the car. obvioisly you wont hear it since the door is still closed cause you still reaching your hand out to open it bu the time the double beep is done sounding.

Try this:

Move the seat all the way back. Then unlock the car and open the door. as soon as the seat returns to the memory position according to your remote, you will hear the double beep. Obvisouly by that time it took the seat to move all the way back up youve already opened the door so you can hear the double beep. good stuff mystery solved!

-Shear
make sense.
thanks!!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:11 PM
Intermediate

Will it cost alot of money?

Will it cost alot of money to get the switch under the hood fixed???

Originally posted by TL_RACER
Hello,

TL_RACER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is actually really simple known problem. Heres the deal. The alarm will lock the dorrs but not arm if the hood or tunk is open, right? There is a switch under the hood that tells the system the hood is clodes. yours is bad its dealer time. this actually happens more than you think. my buddie at my dealership says they see it all the time.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

I had a thread about this very thing a few months back--the manual describes the same thing you just said. However--depending on who you talk to--it appears that the quick disarm double-beep (like the one you hear when you press the memory seat buttons, not the one where you press the remote arm button twice to get the confirmation beep sound) when the seat is already in a memory position matching the remote doesn't happen all the time. And my counter-argument to the "obvioisly you wont hear it since the door is still closed cause you still reaching your hand out to open it bu the time the double beep is done sounding"--I tested it with both front door windows open and my head sticking through the open window before disarming--no quick double-beep. I even had the dealer test it out on a few new cars on the lot; he couldn't get any of them to double-beep upon disarm, either.

Dealer won't "fix" it since he claims that since the new cars didn't do it either, the manual must be wrong. Oh well, I can live with it, at least until someone has concrete proof that it really does the quick double-beep every time you disarm via remote.

FWIW--I'm not referring to the beep-slight pause while seat/mirrors are being moved to memory position-beep you hear when the seat has to be readjusted to memory position after disarming via remote.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:24 PM
l33t

Then mabye it only does it of the seat is out of memory position... try that, i bet thats what it is...
Old 03-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Safety Car

Are you sure you closed all the doors?
Old 03-29-2003, 09:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Darkshear--yeah, it'll do the beep-slight pause-beep when the seat is not in a memorized position; however, it won't do the two quick-beeps when the seat is already in a memorized position.

SilverUA5--are you asking me? If so, then yes--all the doors were closed...