TL-S Vacuum line routing diagram

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 03:59 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TL-S Vacuum line routing diagram

I am in over my head. I've successfully removed + cleaned my throttle body, plenum, intake manifold, removed/replaced the EGR and idle air control valves, and started to reassemble, but am now stumped. The electrical and the accelerator + cruise control throttle cables (and a third cable I assume goes to a throttle position sensor), were not too bad, however I am hopelessly confused on vacuum hose/fuel line routing! I haven't disturbed "the other end" of any vacuum lines, but there are five or six small diameter lines terminating at or near the throttle body that I foolishly assumed I could reconnect based on their proximity and orientation to vacuum ports; clearly, I was WRONG. I've now spent two days reading countless threads in "Gen 2 TL problems and fixes" and the DIY section, but the various bits I found are not enough. Finishing a thread with "just reverse this procedure" hasn't been helpful. I do not have a service manual. Can a complete vacuum line diagram be found anywhere on this site? If not, where may I buy/steal one?

At this point, without a detailed vacuum line diagram, I am torn between towing this rolling dumpster fire somewhere for reassembly by a qualified service technician, or just donating it...
Old 02-20-2022, 07:19 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 556 Likes on 446 Posts
Take a picture and I can tell you where each line goes. You can also find the service manual for free if you search for it. Honestly, I'm surprised you're having any difficulty as the lines have a "memory" of where they should go, and usually they can only reach to one spot.
Old 02-20-2022, 07:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Here are a few diagrams, maybe they can assist you?

Old 02-26-2022, 06:11 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you both, KARANX7 and Zeta! The diagrams helped greatly! Unfortunately, I still found away to eff it up badly. I invite you both to read the related threads dated Feb 26. ANY further suggestions or guidance is welcome. Thank you!
Old 02-27-2022, 11:39 AM
Unregistered Member

Received 556 Likes on 446 Posts
With your vacuum and electrical issues, you'd probably get better help just showing pictures of your engine bay.
Old 07-13-2022, 06:37 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by starlifter f/e
I am in over my head. I've successfully removed + cleaned my throttle body, plenum, intake manifold, removed/replaced the EGR and idle air control valves, and started to reassemble, but am now stumped. The electrical and the accelerator + cruise control throttle cables (and a third cable I assume goes to a throttle position sensor), were not too bad, however I am hopelessly confused on vacuum hose/fuel line routing! I haven't disturbed "the other end" of any vacuum lines, but there are five or six small diameter lines terminating at or near the throttle body that I foolishly assumed I could reconnect based on their proximity and orientation to vacuum ports; clearly, I was WRONG. I've now spent two days reading countless threads in "Gen 2 TL problems and fixes" and the DIY section, but the various bits I found are not enough. Finishing a thread with "just reverse this procedure" hasn't been helpful. I do not have a service manual. Can a complete vacuum line diagram be found anywhere on this site? If not, where may I buy/steal one?

At this point, without a detailed vacuum line diagram, I am torn between towing this rolling dumpster fire somewhere for reassembly by a qualified service technician, or just donating it...
this vacuum line is disconnected on my car, don’t know where it goes, please help me

Old 07-13-2022, 06:50 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Karanx7
Take a picture and I can tell you where each line goes. You can also find the service manual for free if you search for it. Honestly, I'm surprised you're having any difficulty as the lines have a "memory" of where they should go, and usually they can only reach to one spot.
Hi can you please help me with vacuum switch value line. It is disconnected don’t know where it fits.

One side is connected to this part.

Old 07-13-2022, 07:29 PM
Suzuka Master

^
#17 connects to the bottom of the #5 front engine mount via #16 & 13 respectively. (refer to the part diagram below)
#28 connects to the bottom of the #6 rear engine mount via #15 & 14 respectively.
Keep in mind, if the front and rear engine mounts have been replaced, in the past, with 'aftermarket' mounts, they
may not
have the vacuum ports like the OEM ones that came with the car; thus, explaining why these tubes may be disconnected?

Last edited by zeta; 07-13-2022 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:19 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by zeta
^
#17 connects to the bottom of the #5 front engine mount via #16 & 13 respectively. (refer to the part diagram below)
#28 connects to the bottom of the #6 rear engine mount via #15 & 14 respectively.
Keep in mind, if the front and rear engine mounts have been replaced, in the past, with 'aftermarket' mounts, they
may not
have the vacuum ports like the OEM ones that came with the car; thus, explaining why these tubes may be disconnected?

yes, engine mount got replaced last year, mechanic put a used one. What should I do now, just leave these lines like this?
Old 07-13-2022, 09:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jass
yes, engine mount got replaced last year, mechanic put a used one. What should I do now, just leave these lines like this?
1) If you have the skillset to trace the vacuum line route(s), based on the part diagram provided, empower yourself & determine if the front and rear mounts have the ports, hook them up, save yourself some $$.
2) Pay your mechanic $$ to revisit his work and connect the vacuum line(s) correctly.
3) Plug all open ends of the tubes to stop vacuum leaks from occurring & tuck the tubing out of the way?
Good Luck