TL S Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 12:45 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL S Electrical Problem

I purchased a TLS with NAV about two weeks ago and am having electrical problems.

This past Sunday I was driving in a parking lot at about 10 mph and the engine quit. But started up again with no problem.
The thing that concerns me about this is that when the NAV booted up all the previous destinations were erased. Which tells me that the car lost electrical power. Yet the power wasn't gone long enough to trigger the security code request from the NAV or the radio.

And tonight I drove the car and noticed that previous destinations was erased again. Apparently when the car was not being driven.

Anybody have a clue about this problem?

Acura dealer can't find the problem because it is intermittent.

Thanks,

Brian
Old 12-27-2001, 10:43 AM
Drifting

See if your dealer can download the diagnostic log from the car to get clues about what happened.
Old 12-27-2001, 12:27 PM
Acura TL-S

Re: TL S Electrical Problem

Originally posted by Brian TLS
I purchased a TLS with NAV about two weeks ago and am having electrical problems.

This past Sunday I was driving in a parking lot at about 10 mph and the engine quit. But started up again with no problem.
The thing that concerns me about this is that when the NAV booted up all the previous destinations were erased. Which tells me that the car lost electrical power. Yet the power wasn't gone long enough to trigger the security code request from the NAV or the radio.

And tonight I drove the car and noticed that previous destinations was erased again. Apparently when the car was not being driven.

Anybody have a clue about this problem?

Acura dealer can't find the problem because it is intermittent.

Thanks,

Brian
check and make sure that ur battery terminals are secure, i had that happen to my 00TL when the + cable kept coming off, sometimes it wouldn't let the car start. althought, once ur started, it shouldnt shut off.
Old 12-27-2001, 01:09 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Re: Re: TL S Electrical Problem

Originally posted by ZodiakTL

check and make sure that ur battery terminals are secure, i had that happen to my 00TL when the + cable kept coming off, sometimes it wouldn't let the car start. althought, once ur started, it shouldnt shut off.
Yeah....I think it's battery terminal problem.