Is the TL a rare gem or are there similar values given hp and honda reliability

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 01:24 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is the TL a rare gem or are there similar values given hp and honda reliability

I see new cars with 40-50k price tags with like 300hp and slightly improved fuel economy. Are there other cars similar to our tl's that offer 260+hp, a great look, and reliability to go 200k+ miles for the price tag of 2-5k, or is this car a rare gem? I feel like the value is only so low because of the transmission problems. Yet with an av6, I see no real problems in my future.

I ask this question because I'm considering getting a second car and wonder if this value can be replicated.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:19 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Regarding similar cars, well somewhat similar my dads 2000 maxima has about 360k miles which are not highway and pretty much all delivery miles, granted it is a manual gearbox but the trans and engine are all original. His car has always started and hell his maintenance has not been good at all prob 15-20k mile conventional oil changes(just been like that for the past few times usually 5-7.5k change intervals. So you could say all the neglect that car has taken and it still holds up and gets him where he has to go without any issues. But back the the tl, an AV6 paired to our bulletproof engine, that thing should last at very least 400k with decent maintenance
Old 01-29-2016, 01:34 AM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
If the TL didnt have the trans issues it would cost a lot more...
Power vs Quality vs Price there are very few cars that can compare to it, Once the trans is taken care off you are golden.