TL performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 11:43 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL performance

TL performance
Allright, I'm looking for more performance for my TL-P for relatively little money. I don't have thousands to spend on a supercharger or anything like that. However, I have done CAI, comptech exhaust and headers. What suggestions does anyone have for a possible next mod? I looked into pulleys, but it seems that the AEM underdrive pulleys have minimal HP gains, and the unorthodox racing crank pulley may be bad in the long term for the engine. Any educated advice here?

-Also, does anyone know anything about comptech springs??
I really want to get them, but what about the stock shocks? Are they going to go bad quickly with the new springs??

99 Dark Emerald Pearl TL (w/o nav)
5 % Limo Tint
Injen CAI
Comptech Exhaust
Comptech Headers
15 " Kicker powered by 600 watt kenwood
Old 04-11-2003, 03:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: TL performance

Originally posted by Cobrax420
TL performance
Allright, I'm looking for more performance for my TL-P for relatively little money. I don't have thousands to spend on a supercharger or anything like that. However, I have done CAI, comptech exhaust and headers. What suggestions does anyone have for a possible next mod? I looked into pulleys, but it seems that the AEM underdrive pulleys have minimal HP gains, and the unorthodox racing crank pulley may be bad in the long term for the engine. Any educated advice here?

-Also, does anyone know anything about comptech springs??
I really want to get them, but what about the stock shocks? Are they going to go bad quickly with the new springs??

99 Dark Emerald Pearl TL (w/o nav)
5 % Limo Tint
Injen CAI
Comptech Exhaust
Comptech Headers
15 " Kicker powered by 600 watt kenwood
Performance wise, you've done the most that you can already. If you want more power, the Comptech supercharger would be the way to go. But since that option is not right for you, the only other option I can think of is either NOS or Unichip. Since your TL is a '99 model (like mine), I'd recommend you replace your shocks with aftermarket ones when you lower your ride. Comptech springs are expensive...H&R Sport or H&R Race springs are other alternatives for lowering springs (and cheaper too). As for shocks, you can go with either Koni or Tokico shocks (either adjustable or non-adjustable). Adjustables are of course, more expensive. Oh, and make sure that after you lower your car you get a wheel alignment done or your tires will go bald real fast. Rotating your tires should also be done to even out the tire wear. Good luck!
Old 04-12-2003, 12:37 AM
Intermediate

Thanks. Do I need adjustables?
Old 04-13-2003, 01:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Cobrax420
Thanks. Do I need adjustables?
No, you don't need adjustable shocks. Getting the regular non-adjustable ones should be fine. The only time you would need to get adjustables is if you want to be able to adjust the ride from firm to soft and back again. Not really worth the extra money IMHO.