TL-P Unichip?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 09:46 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL-P Unichip?

Yes i know there was group buy for these just a lil while ago, but i didnt have the money. And now i will soon have enough funds to buy one. And im trying to figure out where i should buy one? Can i get one from V6perfomance.net or should i go straight to uniship and buy one or what? Also will it work with a V-AFC or are they the same thing kinda? Thanks Jim

p.s i did do a search and i could not find the answer to my questions so dont bitch
Old 12-20-2004, 11:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

If memory serves me correctly, I believe the TL-S Unichip groupbuy had problems - some TL-S had gains, some had minimal (or no) gains. The problem is that everyone's TL-S were modded differently, so there wasn't a generic map that everyone could use. To really get the full benefit of the Unichip, you have to get the manufacturer tune your chip...which means you have to go to them (and pay big $$$) if you want to tweek the most performance out of your TL.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by patrick
If memory serves me correctly, I believe the TL-S Unichip groupbuy had problems - some TL-S had gains, some had minimal (or no) gains. The problem is that everyone's TL-S were modded differently, so there wasn't a generic map that everyone could use. To really get the full benefit of the Unichip, you have to get the manufacturer tune your chip...which means you have to go to them (and pay big $$$) if you want to tweek the most performance out of your TL.
Exactly. Many people were not satisfied and many actually lost power, so I dont think the UniChip makers really knew what they were doing...I also think they had an idea there would be questionable results and decided to screw some people.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bondboy76
Yes i know there was group buy for these just a lil while ago, but i didnt have the money. And now i will soon have enough funds to buy one. And im trying to figure out where i should buy one? Can i get one from V6perfomance.net or should i go straight to uniship and buy one or what? Also will it work with a V-AFC or are they the same thing kinda? Thanks Jim

p.s i did do a search and i could not find the answer to my questions so dont bitch
here iz an ecu mod from a reputable company
i havent done it so i dont know if it works
im seriously considering it but have reservations concernining the V-afc II
has anyone done this?
Old 12-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Banned

here iz an ecu mod from a reputable company
http://performancecenter.com/product...&sortorder=ADA
i havent done it so i dont know if it works
im seriously considering it but have reservations concernining the V-afc II
has anyone done this?
Old 12-20-2004, 11:42 AM
MIA

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you looking for a unichip for a TL-S or a TL-P? As far as I know, they don't make on for the TL-P. Unless something new came out.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:58 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by alleyesonmeee
Are you looking for a unichip for a TL-S or a TL-P? As far as I know, they don't make on for the TL-P. Unless something new came out.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Comptech Freak

does that remove the rev limiter as well???

so we can rev up to 8000rpm??? LOL
Old 12-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by ou sig
Exactly. Many people were not satisfied and many actually lost power, so I dont think the UniChip makers really knew what they were doing...I also think they had an idea there would be questionable results and decided to screw some people.

Ahem...

Most ignorant post of the day award.

UniChip knew what they were doing. Why would a large international company try to screw people? They have had excellent success with every other project they have released. The two test cars they had showed great gains. The problem was, when the UniChip was installed on cars in other locations with different elevations, amospheres, weather, etc. the cars reacted in a negative way. They were too lean. Once UniChip discovered this problem, they created a fix and re-flashed the UniChips sent out to the CL/TL members who purchased them.

You shouldn't make bold statements like that unless you can back them up.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by samkws
does that remove the rev limiter as well???

so we can rev up to 8000rpm??? LOL

It does not alter the rev limiter. There is no need for us to rev to 8000rpm without internal engine modifications.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:45 PM
Racer

I ran a Unichip TL-P groupbuy a few months ago and did not get enough response. I think 10-12 people were 'committed' and another 8-10 were 'interested'.

Unichip wanted around 30 'committed' people before they would start the manufacturing process. We also needed a volunteer to go to Unichip in Portland, Oregon so they could start the mapping process. We never got one.

I will start asking around to get an idea of whether the TL-s/Cl-s thought it was a good purchase or not.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:42 AM
Instructor

sounds good man cuase i dont want to put down $600 and just be a waste of money. Us highschool kids dont have that luxury. But i also heard that the chip didnt do much for alot of the type-s guys in the begining due to differneces in altitude, and diff mod set ups?